Lampard and the Chelsea job

Poynton ram
Message added by David

If you wish to discuss Frank Lampard’s Chelsea FC results/performances, please use the topic linked below in the Football Forum.

https://dcfcfans.uk/topic/32864-frank-lampard’s-chelsea-fc/

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, ColonelBlimp said:

So they won nothing and escaped relegation.

Same again next year then? Seems a bit pointless. They need to shake it up a bit to move forward else they most definitely will go down next season.

35 and 36 goals in the past 2 seasons says they're riding their luck.

Wasn’t that Ipswich’s philosophy when they sacked Mick McCarthy? Worked well for them- not.

12 hours ago, BaaLocks said:

They can have one of our ex-bosses if they want, they're all out of work. No expensive contract settlements or anything, give any one of them a ring and they can have them behind the desk by Thursday. 

Or maybe they could take them all on job share, one day a week each

Mon: Billy Davies

Tue: Paul Clement

Wed: Gary Rowett

Thu: Paul Jewell

Fri: Chris Powell

Sat: Nigel Pearson

Sun: Steve McClaren

I’d swap Monday and Sunday, sets the week up better ??.... oh, the players day off would be the Thursday.

13 hours ago, MK-Ram said:

Sounds like it isn't the shock the media are making it out to be talking to my Brighton pals, I can't say much about the favourites for the job though.

Potter, Neville and Lampard...one worked wonders with Ostersunds but has done nothing more than average at Swansea, one has never managed at club level (although that doesn't mean he can't hack it), and the other has been pretty decent for us yet (I hate to say it) hasn't convinced me he is wise enough for that step up just yet.  Ironically, if Lampard was to go, I'd rather him go to Chelsea or somewhere and succeed with a strong squad than potentially collapse with Brighton.

Potter has rebuilt Swansea. Done a fine job. As season progressed, they got better and better

2 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Monday Tuesday, Billy Days

Wednesday Thursday, Schtevie days,

Friday Saturday, Frankie days,

Saturday, what a day, waiting all week for Nuge.

These days are ours, these Derby days...

OMG - so bad I like it

Potters the man they want by all accounts, they have permission to interview him. Unless he makes a duck up of it I would imagine he’ll be offered the job after that and Lampard is just acting as a backup option in their minds. Can understand why frank would want to go there unless we do someone manage to get promoted, but can’t see why they’d go for him. He really hasn’t done anything special to be worthy of a better job yet.

15 hours ago, BaaLocks said:

They can have one of our ex-bosses if they want, they're all out of work. No expensive contract settlements or anything, give any one of them a ring and they can have them behind the desk by Thursday. 

Or maybe they could take them all on job share, one day a week each

Mon: Billy Davies

Tue: Paul Clement

Wed: Gary Rowett

Thu: Paul Jewell

Fri: Chris Powell

Sat: Nigel Pearson

Sun: Steve McClaren

Looks very similar to our last 7 seasons.

Ooh wait a minute!!!

25 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Monday Tuesday, Billy Days

Wednesday Thursday, Schtevie days,

Friday Saturday, Frankie days,

Saturday, what a day, waiting all week for Nuge.

These days are ours, these Derby days...

I got most of the way through that, singing along to The Cure ?

Definitely only a second choice option if Potter turns them down then. Again, not sure what Potter has done to deserve that job given the squad he had at Swansea, so he’d be mad to turn them Down. Looks like Brighton are willing to meet the compensation and Swansea are heading into austerity so can’t see Potter not taking the job now he’s in for an interview. Nothing for us to worry about here

14 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Definitely only a second choice option if Potter turns them down then. Again, not sure what Potter has done to deserve that job given the squad he had at Swansea, so he’d be mad to turn them Down. Looks like Brighton are willing to meet the compensation and Swansea are heading into austerity so can’t see Potter not taking the job now he’s in for an interview. Nothing for us to worry about here

He’s done a very decent job on a limited budget. They’re playing good football and would certainly be promotion contenders next season if he stays. I really hope he goes, for Derby’s sake.

33 minutes ago, BurtonRam7 said:

He’s done a very decent job on a limited budget. They’re playing good football and would certainly be promotion contenders next season if he stays. I really hope he goes, for Derby’s sake.

But with the squad they had? I’m not convinced getting top 10 with that squad coming down from the prem is that big an achievement, regardless of transfer budget. Not saying he isn’t a good manager like, he’s got the right philosophy and I tend to agree that if he stayed I think he would instil his style more and they’d be a serious promotion contender next season, so I definitely want him gone before he can manage that and showcase his abilities. He just hasn’t proven them outright yet, what he’s done so far in terms of hardened evidence isn’t enough to seem worthy of a prem job, I think he does have the ability, but a prem team tends to look for more hardened evidence of it. Would be a risk on their part I think

Archived