Lampard and the Chelsea job

Poynton ram
Message added by David

If you wish to discuss Frank Lampard’s Chelsea FC results/performances, please use the topic linked below in the Football Forum.

https://dcfcfans.uk/topic/32864-frank-lampard’s-chelsea-fc/

2 minutes ago, Shorty389 said:

But that would imply that he has said he is interested. I'm fairly confident that he will have been far too busy getting us into the playoffs to be thinking about going elsewhere.....

I agree I’ve just posted this as I heard it on talksport and they said it’s been confirmed that Frank is in a 3 man list ...doesn’t mean Frank knows anything about it or is interested that’s come from Brighton’s end no doubt ....I agree ...but  it’s news so shared it ....can’t beleive Brighton sacked Hughton to be honest 

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, BaaLocks said:

They can have one of our ex-bosses if they want, they're all out of work. No expensive contract settlements or anything, give any one of them a ring and they can have them behind the desk by Thursday. 

Or maybe they could take them all on job share, one day a week each

Mon: Billy Davies

Tue: Paul Clement

Wed: Gary Rowett

Thu: Paul Jewell

Fri: Chris Powell

Sat: Nigel Pearson

Sun: Steve McClaren

Seeing them all listed like that has made me feel quite queasy!?

Been saying all day on all radio stations that Graham Potter from Swansea is the one they are very keen on and the bookies had him at 6/4 followed by Phil Neville at 4/1 and Lee Johnson at 9/2.This is the first time Frank has been mentioned I am afraid the press will not rest till they have both Frank and Stevie Gerrard in the prem.

12 minutes ago, Ramslad1992 said:

Just out of interest who were the other two? 

Graham Potter was one cant remember the other one, I was driving and only really took notice/interest when heard Franks name 

Good decision by Brighton. 

3 wins in 23 and apparently pretty dire football.

Nice guy but time to change I think.

I've seen an analytic tweet on Twitter that makes grim reading, goals scored, chances created etc. Will post if I can find it again.

Here is the nuts of it.

"Knowing who the chairman is at Brighton, it’s not too surprising to see Chris Hughton sacked.

Brighton were rock-bottom for shots attempted, SOT landed, and xG from open play as well as 19th for shots in the box and overall xG."

3 minutes ago, ColonelBlimp said:

Good decision by Brighton. 

3 wins in 23 and apparently pretty dire football.

They got to the FA cup semi final..... by beating Derby! And only got knocked out by Man City (who incase you forgot have just won the league)...with a 1-0 scoreline.... not too shabby

Ok they didnt perform in the league but they haven't been relegated either 

Sounds like it isn't the shock the media are making it out to be talking to my Brighton pals, I can't say much about the favourites for the job though.

Potter, Neville and Lampard...one worked wonders with Ostersunds but has done nothing more than average at Swansea, one has never managed at club level (although that doesn't mean he can't hack it), and the other has been pretty decent for us yet (I hate to say it) hasn't convinced me he is wise enough for that step up just yet.  Ironically, if Lampard was to go, I'd rather him go to Chelsea or somewhere and succeed with a strong squad than potentially collapse with Brighton.

So they won nothing and escaped relegation.

Same again next year then? Seems a bit pointless. They need to shake it up a bit to move forward else they most definitely will go down next season.

35 and 36 goals in the past 2 seasons says they're riding their luck.

Not gonna happen .... Brighton always a prem mid table team at very best, relegation threatened every year is the norm .... Frank destined for bigger & better things. Best case scenario he takes us up, stabilises us in the premiership then gets one of the top jobs he will have deserved. Why risk everything with a sideways move to Brighton at this stage in his managerial career. Relegation on your CV anyone? 

3 hours ago, Saity said:

Just heard confirmed on talksport that Frank Lampard is on a 3 man shortlist for the Brighton job 

Should we let him go if we don’t go up or will he want to talk to them ???

i like Frank but I’d actually have Hughton as his replacement if Frank wanted the job 

thoughts please 

I would be inclined to suggest that when FL leaves Derby, it will be to a much bigger club than Brighton. 

Ambitious managers will pick the best time for them to move on, and Brighton for Frank might be tempting. 

To do a good job in the premier league will look better on the CV compared to a good job in the championship. 

You also can't discount the lure of a transfer kitty. Mount and Tomori for example. Theres no way Derby could afford them if they dont go up. Brighton however most definetly could. 

Archived