Lampard and the Chelsea job

Poynton ram
Message added by Day

If you wish to discuss Frank Lampard’s Chelsea FC results/performances, please use the topic linked below in the Football Forum.

https://dcfcfans.uk/topic/32864-frank-lampard’s-chelsea-fc/

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
51 minutes ago, Tim Bucktoo said:

Can’t stand Chelsea. But funny to see Colin apoplectic again. He’s in the centre circle making it all about him. Looking forward to him clowning around in the championship next year.

Yeah it will be nice to look down on him from our Premier League perch. ?

1 hour ago, Westcumbrianram said:

How much would Lamprd cost Chelsea? 

Nowt. It will be in his contract that he is allowed to talk to them.

• 1 month later...

Just heard confirmed on talksport that Frank Lampard is on a 3 man shortlist for the Brighton job 

Should we let him go if we don’t go up or will he want to talk to them ???

i like Frank but I’d actually have Hughton as his replacement if Frank wanted the job 

thoughts please 

Crazy decision by Brighton. Hope they get relegated next year for it.

Not sure why FL would bother tbh even if offered the job, realistically keeping Brighton up is fait accompli so far as they can expect so seems like a poisoned chalice to me. I'd argue they are not a bigger club than Derby so he'd be better off getting us promoted and having a stab at keeping us in the league if he wants to show off his credentials. Getting Brighton relegated wouldn't be great on the CV and they are closer to relegation than mid table Prem IMO. I think Derby is better for his career in short, be silly to go but stranger things have happened in football...would not stand in his way, if he wants out then let him out is the way I'd look at it. You want someone who wants to be here.

Not worried in the slightest, used to the speculation already with the Chelsea links, accepted it’s going to happen and as Frank said himself there is nothing you can do about it.

Media outlets have stories to write, they need to create shortlists to generate clicks and bookies are ready to take your pennies. 

Frank’s name is a big one in football and is likely to be thrown in for good measure with every job going whilst he’s at the club.

I heard it’s going to be nice weather again tomorrow, might get the BBQ on.

They can have one of our ex-bosses if they want, they're all out of work. No expensive contract settlements or anything, give any one of them a ring and they can have them behind the desk by Thursday. 

Or maybe they could take them all on job share, one day a week each

Mon: Billy Davies

Tue: Paul Clement

Wed: Gary Rowett

Thu: Paul Jewell

Fri: Chris Powell

Sat: Nigel Pearson

Sun: Steve McClaren

Archived