Lampard and the Chelsea job

Poynton ram
Message added by David

If you wish to discuss Frank Lampard’s Chelsea FC results/performances, please use the topic linked below in the Football Forum.

https://dcfcfans.uk/topic/32864-frank-lampard’s-chelsea-fc/

5 minutes ago, Mafiabob said:

People will see this as Mafia being Mafia..... but why is our owner validating this Chelsea talk without any official approach.... think sometimes it’s best to keep quiet, think as a club, we’ve done pretty well with the media and fan frenzy until today.

0A64CD11-EE3E-4898-BA60-FF6EC34F1291.png

I think he’s trying to speed up the process. Chelsea are infamous for prolonging these sagas 

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

I think he’s trying to speed up the process. Chelsea are infamous for prolonging these sagas 

Of course Mel is trying to speed the process up Mel is only interested in DCFC not Chelsea or how they operate, if you were the owner wouldn't you want things settled to plan for next season.

1 hour ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

Really can’t understand some of the grief Frank is getting on here. He’s done absolutely nothing wrong. He should have everyone’s good wishes when he moves on. Done a decent job and got his dream opportunity.

How can you not understand it? Nobody likes to be used as a stepping stone, nothing wrong with it, anybody would do it, but you shouldn't expect respect from the club you used to build you up.

1 minute ago, Andicis said:

How can you not understand it? Nobody likes to be used as a stepping stone, nothing wrong with it, anybody would do it, but you shouldn't expect respect from the club you used to build you up.

Has there anything official to say he’s gone? 

2 hours ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

Really can’t understand some of the grief Frank is getting on here. He’s done absolutely nothing wrong. He should have everyone’s good wishes when he moves on. Done a decent job and got his dream opportunity.

If you think he has done a decent job then you are easily pleased, some very odd team selections and tactics used at tines

16 minutes ago, Andicis said:

So-

Franks said nothing about leaving...done nothing about leaving...is wanted by the Chelsea fan base(that’s all we know for sure); 

and you want to rake him over the coals? For what? He’s done nothing to deserve flak. 

Some times I don’t understand people...I should work on that.

coyr

Hi all,

Let me tell you something...

I've been watching the Rams since 1959 - I have huge affection for the club but football has ceased to interest me. The total lack of respect within the game has now reached the tipping point as far as I'm concerned.

The Newcastle saga with Mac, the Stoke saga with Rowett and now this.

Chelsea have no respect for anyone but themselves and Frank doesn't either.  His silence says it all for me.  No, I'm not talking about loyalty, these days, loyalty depends solely on the size of the paycheck.  I'm talking about respect, pure and simple.

Chelsea doesn't respect us, Frank's silence shows that he doesn't respect us and the media -  I can't think of words to describe the media frenzy over this.

Frank has lost all credibility and should walk out now, or Mel should sack him. 

Bill

6 minutes ago, Bill Curry said:

Hi all,

I've been watching the Rams since 1959 - I have huge affection for the club but football has ceased to interest me. The total lack of respect within the game has now reached the tipping point as far as I'm concerned.

Chelsea have no respect for anyone but themselves and Frank doesn't either.  His silence says it all for me.  No, I'm not talking about loyalty, these days, loyalty depends solely on the size of the paycheck.  I'm talking about respect, pure and simple.

Chelsea doesn't respect us, Frank's silence shows that he doesn't respect us and the media -  I can't think of words to describe the media frenzy over this.

Frank should walk out now, or Mel should sack him. 

Bill

Wow..... just Wow

6 minutes ago, Bill Curry said:

Hi all,

Bill

Why post and put your name at the end, it's weird

Phil

2 minutes ago, Bill Curry said:

Hi all,

Bill

Bill.

Well said, i totally agree with you it must be an age thing, the lack of respect from Chelsea and silence from Frank speaks volumes 

15 minutes ago, Hanny said:

So-

Franks said nothing about leaving...done nothing about leaving...is wanted by the Chelsea fan base(that’s all we know for sure); 

and you want to rake him over the coals? For what? He’s done nothing to deserve flak. 

Some times I don’t understand people...I should work on that.

coyr

How am I raking him over the coals, please point out where I've done that. Mel wouldn't have made a statement if it was just about the Chelsea fans, there is clearly more to it, and I'm not going to play dumb on that. All I said was, if he wants to treat us as a stepping stone, upon leaving he shouldn't expect respect from our fanbase, which is a reasonable take. So yeah, you should work on understanding people and not putting words in their mouths.

Bloody hell, I didn't expect to be the one saying this seeing as I've grown up in this environment, but so many are overacting because of the social media age that we live in. How long has it been since Sarri went, a day? And you're screaming at Frank for not publicly ruling out the Chelsea job, just because journalists have been reporting that Chelsea are interested. 

We don't know if Chelsea have contacted him. We don't know if he's interested. I'd imagine that they have, and that he is, but why is that a problem? From the day that he joined, we knew that he'd leave for Chelsea if they came in for him. Why wouldn't he? You wouldn't begrudge Davies, Clough, McClaren, Clement, Pearson or Rowett moving to a club playing Champions League football, so why Frank?

I'm seeing middle-aged men throwing a paddy because he's not come out and declared undying loyalty to Derby, despite Sarri leaving literally a few hours ago. Of course he's going to talk to Chelsea if they want him. He'd be an idiot not to and, even if he didn't want the job (highly unlikely), he'd at least give them the time of day because he's a legend at the club. 

You're deluded if you believe that episodes of years gone by, such as Brian Clough's resignation, weren't dragged out and considered over a long period of time. You just didn't have the likes of Rob Dorsett tweeting every three hours about the disagreements with Longson.

Some of you have lost your heads and, quite frankly, it's embarrassing. 

14 minutes ago, Bill Curry said:

Hi all,

Frank has lost all credibility and should walk out now, or Mel should sack him. 

Bill

Should someone your age not be wrapped up in bed , this time of day?

2 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

We don't know if Chelsea have contacted him. We don't know if he's interested

Rest of your post I 100% agree with, but I know we can't say for certain, it can definitely be implied both of these things have happened, the first one perhaps informally, because otherwise why would Mel bother with a statement? If there was nothing in it, he wouldn't comment. 

18 minutes ago, Bill Curry said:

Hi all,

Bill

10 minutes ago, atherstoneram said:

Bill.

Well said, i totally agree with you it must be an age thing, the lack of respect from Chelsea and silence from Frank speaks volumes 

Sarri left yesterday. Yester-ducking-day. I thought the young were supposed to be impatient. Jesus Christ.

4 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Rest of your post I 100% agree with, but I know we can't say for certain, it can definitely be implied both of these things have happened, the first one perhaps informally, because otherwise why would Mel bother with a statement? If there was nothing in it, he wouldn't comment. 

I think he acted based on the rumours. But, either way, I acted on the assumption that both of those things were the case and that it's absolutely ridiculous to suggest that Lampard should come out and make a statement. As you know.

Just now, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

I think he acted based on the rumours. But, either way, I acted on the assumption that both of those things were the case and that it's absolutely ridiculous to suggest that Lampard should come out and make a statement. As you know.

Oh definitely, why would you rule out a job as a manager? It's a career, why would he rule out moving to a bigger, more prestigious club, which he so happens to be a legend at. It would be stupid. 

Archived