Lampard and the Chelsea job

Poynton ram
Message added by David

If you wish to discuss Frank Lampard’s Chelsea FC results/performances, please use the topic linked below in the Football Forum.

https://dcfcfans.uk/topic/32864-frank-lampard’s-chelsea-fc/

9 minutes ago, Harry B said:

I think most fans realise it's too soon and he may never make the grade but in the current context he's the one most people want. There's just no connection between the current team and the fans, or the club in general and the fans. There's a lot of disillusionment amongst the fanbase. Frank coming will give everyone a lift but it could all go wrong.

Sarri? Yes he won the EL but nobody had heard of any of the teams we faced until the semi, which was against Eintracht Frankfurt, and they played us off the park and should have won. Thankfully we had the world's most expensive keeper and beat them on pens. We then beat Arsenal well in the final but they were in diabolical form. Credit to him for winning it but anyone could have got us to the final in my book. We have some brilliant players. We finished third largely because Utd, Spurs and Arsenal all finished the season in relegation form. Our football was atrocious for the most part. The fans didn't turn on him until February and even then the chants only occurred at 2 or 3 games but the media blew it out of all proportion. Having said that, he wasn't very popular. We had a terrible middle third of the season where he refused to change anything. Kante out of position, Hazard out of position, he persevered with underperforming players, he only started changing things when the fans applied pressure and that's when our fortunes changed. Whenever we lost it was because of the players' poor mentality according to him, never to do with him. Because of superstition he would never step on the pitch, meaning he would never come and thank the travelling fans, but when we won the EL he was quite happy to step on the pitch to collect his medal. He continually claimed he had nothing to do with transfers yet we spent big on Jorginho and Higuain and others, who were his men. I could go on but I'm probably boring you. He's a good manager but he was never committed to staying in England and everyone felt it. He was the wrong man at the wrong time. I think for Chelsea the timing is right, we have a ban, Hazard has gone, expectations are low and we want to see some kids, and everybody just needs a lift. For Lampard however it may well be too soon, as you've said.

He will 100% galvanise your club/ fanbase so in that respect it is a no brainer appointment. It just seems strange that there has been no movement today. It seems somebody somewhere is not 100% convinced on this move. Most likely it's at your end where the doubts are. However it plays out, I hope Frank, and Jody for that matter, achieve their ambitions. Sadness yes, if it ends so soon for us but definitely no malice.

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, BodminRam said:

Lets face it, even if Frank does stay, knowing the patients of the Chelsea board, their new man will be gone soon anyway. are we then going to get all this again.

We had it at the start of the year when there wasn’t even a vacancy at Chelsea. Have a look at the start of this thread.

6 minutes ago, Steve How Hard? said:

He will 100% galvanise your club/ fanbase so in that respect it is a no brainer appointment. It just seems strange that there has been no movement today. It seems somebody somewhere is not 100% convinced on this move. Most likely it's at your end where the doubts are. However it plays out, I hope Frank, and Jody for that matter, achieve their ambitions. Sadness yes, if it ends so soon for us but definitely no malice.

I think the delay is probably just Chelsea trying to make Bakayoko part of the deal.

Come on Frank, just release a statement that goes something like this

"I'm flattered to be linked with such a great job, my dream job, but I feel that it is only fair to Chelsea to admit that I'm not yet ready. 

I'm already in a job that I love which gives me the platform to gain much needed managerial experience and success. Once I have proved that, then and only then will I feel ready to be considered by Chelsea for a future managerial appointment" 

" I preach the importance of loyalty and it is important to me to at least see out my contract at Derby"

" PS I'll tell me Uncle Harry to keep his beak out !"

9 minutes ago, SKRam said:

The sooner Donald Trump mentions Lampard for Chelsea the sooner we can breathe a sigh of relief ......’Fake news people’ 

Unfortunately, the gormless believe every word he has typed for him.

What a turnaround.

15th may - an amazing win at Leeds away.

One of the greatest games in recent memory. The players going mental celebrating with frank. We had a manager that everyone was  behind.

Barely a month later....All that goodwill is evaporating and the fans are starting to turn. The silence from Frank speaks volumes.

Whatever happens now, he has messed his bed Rowett-style.

When we draw Chelsea in cup next season, he will get absolute dog's abuse. 

2 minutes ago, SamUltraRam said:

"I'm flattered to be linked with such a great job, my dream job, but I feel that it is only fair to Chelsea to admit that I'm not yet ready. 

I'm already in a job that I love which gives me the platform to gain much needed managerial experience and success. Once I have proved that, then and only then I will feel ready to be considered by Chelsea for a future managerial appointment" 

"Plus when I've not won a match in my first 10 games and the entitled Chelsea fans are baying for my blood (whilst on their iPads), and my hard-earned player legend status has long been forgotten, I'd be yearning to be a Ram ? again" ☹️ 

Just now, Ken Tram said:

I haven't read all of the pages...

Is there any actual evidence that Chelsea is considering Frank for manager?

If not, what's the strongest circumstantial evidence - is it the contract extension? 

No, nothing yet. Just click bait on a few sports web sites because no ones interested in women's football or cricket.

They all need the ad revenue in the close season.

Just now, RamNut said:

What a turnaround.

15th may - an amazing win at Leeds away.

One of the greatest games in recent memory. The players going mental celebrating with frank. We had a manager that everyone was  behind.

Barely a month later....All that goodwill is evaporating and the fans are starting to turn. The silence from Frank speaks volumes.

Whatever happens now, he has messed his bed Rowett-style.

When we draw Chelsea in cup next season, he will get absolute dog's abuse. 

They have i'm afraid .  Chelsea don't come in - would have gone if they had.  Chelsea do and he doesn't get the job - we're 2nd choice .

If gets an interview , gets offered it and turn's it down it would probably classed as ok -  that's unlikely .

All very messy now .

Looking at this in a pragmatic and not emotional context Frank has now boxed himself into a corner by staying silent on all the comments in the press/social media. I would have thought (as i have previously posted) there would have been an "understanding" between him and Mel that if Chelsea wanted him he could go. Now people are going to say he doesn't have to say anything but it would have clarified the situation.

We now have a situation where,if Frank doesn't get the managers job at Chelsea and remains at Derby how many will think Frank is only here because he didn't get the Che;sea job so how can he be committed to Derby.Yes fans at Derby have bought into the FL brand but does that brand really only have Chelsea at heart as said previously no manager is bigger than a club but reading some posts on here Derby will die without Frank, believe me it won't.

10 minutes ago, SamUltraRam said:

I'm already in a job that I love which gives me the platform to gain much needed managerial experience and success. Once I have proved that, then and only then will I feel ready to be considered by Chelsea for a future managerial appointment" 

" I preach the importance of loyalty and it is important to me to at least see out my contract at Derby"

" PS I'll tell me Uncle Harry to keep his beak out !"

I'd love that tbh.

Who wouldn't want to see the leader of their club come out and admit the reason they're staying is because they're not ready to mix it among the big boys, and Derby gives me a great opportunity to learn from my mistakes as I make them, who wouldn't be inspired by such a message.

People will see this as Mafia being Mafia..... but why is our owner validating this Chelsea talk without any official approach.... think sometimes it’s best to keep quiet, think as a club, we’ve done pretty well with the media and fan frenzy until today.

0A64CD11-EE3E-4898-BA60-FF6EC34F1291.png

The worrying thing for me is that out of all of the names of potential replacements for FL, none of them have ruled themselves out of the Chelsea, Hull or Charlton vacancies. How are we supposed to trust them?

I have no idea who our next manager will be but can I be the first to go on record to say that I want him sacked immediately for not showing proper commitment to DCFC. 

Archived