Poynton ram

Lampard and the Chelsea job

David

If you wish to discuss Frank Lampard’s Chelsea FC results/performances, please use the topic linked below in the Football Forum.

https://dcfcfans.uk/topic/32864-frank-lampard’s-chelsea-fc/

Message added by David

Fear not fellow Rams, Jack Marriott Player/Manager, the new messiah I tell ya 😇

Its written in the stars........ To break all records, youngest ever, Martin Waghorn as his No 2...... Jacks motto ‘Frank who?’ 

If Frank stays and loses 1st 4 games next season everyone will want him out.

If he leaves and a new manager comes in and subsequently wins 1st 4 games it will be a case of Frank who?

The way of modern day football 

52 minutes ago, Charlie G said:

Personally think you the clubs fans of Chelsea have thrown your club legend under the bus. He ain't ready, but he will never turn the Chelsea job down. Yes you saw some good displays by Derby last season, man u , Chelsea, Southampton and Leeds to name a few but you didn't see some of the displays against lesser teams in the championship. I like Frank and want him to stay and it's very much up in the air, but this is to soon. 

I still don't believe Frank is your number 1 target and if he is, it's because others don't want the job, two transfer windows where they can do nothing and the best player has just left. Along with a fan base who turned on a manager who won the Europa league, took them into the champions league and also another final. 

Good luck Frank if you go you'll need it 

I think most fans realise it's too soon and he may never make the grade but in the current context he's the one most people want. There's just no connection between the current team and the fans, or the club in general and the fans. There's a lot of disillusionment amongst the fanbase. Frank coming will give everyone a lift but it could all go wrong.

Sarri? Yes he won the EL but nobody had heard of any of the teams we faced until the semi, which was against Eintracht Frankfurt, and they played us off the park and should have won. Thankfully we had the world's most expensive keeper and beat them on pens. We then beat Arsenal well in the final but they were in diabolical form. Credit to him for winning it but anyone could have got us to the final in my book. We have some brilliant players. We finished third largely because Utd, Spurs and Arsenal all finished the season in relegation form. Our football was atrocious for the most part. The fans didn't turn on him until February and even then the chants only occurred at 2 or 3 games but the media blew it out of all proportion. Having said that, he wasn't very popular. We had a terrible middle third of the season where he refused to change anything. Kante out of position, Hazard out of position, he persevered with underperforming players, he only started changing things when the fans applied pressure and that's when our fortunes changed. Whenever we lost it was because of the players' poor mentality according to him, never to do with him. Because of superstition he would never step on the pitch, meaning he would never come and thank the travelling fans, but when we won the EL he was quite happy to step on the pitch to collect his medal. He continually claimed he had nothing to do with transfers yet we spent big on Jorginho and Higuain and others, who were his men. I could go on but I'm probably boring you. He's a good manager but he was never committed to staying in England and everyone felt it. He was the wrong man at the wrong time. I think for Chelsea the timing is right, we have a ban, Hazard has gone, expectations are low and we want to see some kids, and everybody just needs a lift. For Lampard however it may well be too soon, as you've said.

3 minutes ago, mozza said:

Some folk just don't know how to make tea..

I almost divorced an ex for this faux pas. Sacrilege (thanks auto correct). We split up anyway because she preferred coffee 

Forgive me for being so pragmatic...

I can’t see Lampard doing better than this season at Derby due to the lack of resources to get the players in he wants. Mount, Tomori, Wilson.

When your financial stocks are high and there seems to be no way of them getting any better - you sell them.

From a purely financial point of view, the best option for Derby is to hold their ground with Chelsea, if they come for Lampard, take the money and move on.

It worked out well when Gary Rowett left for Stoke, who’s to say it won’t happen again?

He’s given us great football and a wonderful atmosphere, but he’s also given us an international platform and a chance to make the club £4m.

For Mel and the club, this situation is close to a win-win as it can possibly get.

5 minutes ago, Harry B said:

I think most fans realise it's too soon and he may never make the grade but in the current context he's the one most people want. There's just no connection between the current team and the fans, or the club in general and the fans. There's a lot of disillusionment amongst the fanbase. Frank coming will give everyone a lift but it could all go wrong.

Sarri? Yes he won the EL but nobody had heard of any of the teams we faced until the semi, which was against Eintracht Frankfurt, and they played us off the park and should have won. Thankfully we had the world's most expensive keeper and beat them on pens. We then beat Arsenal well in the final but they were in diabolical form. Credit to him for winning it but anyone could have got us to the final in my book. We have some brilliant players. We finished third largely because Utd, Spurs and Arsenal all finished the season in relegation form. Our football was atrocious for the most part. The fans didn't turn on him until February and even then the chants only occurred at 2 or 3 games but the media blew it out of all proportion. Having said that, he wasn't very popular. We had a terrible middle third of the season where he refused to change anything. Kante out of position, Hazard out of position, he persevered with underperforming players, he only started changing things when the fans applied pressure and that's when our fortunes changed. Whenever we lost it was because of the players' poor mentality according to him, never to do with him. Because of superstition he would never step on the pitch, meaning he would never come and thank the travelling fans, but when we won the EL he was quite happy to step on the pitch to collect his medal. He continually claimed he had nothing to do with transfers yet we spent big on Jorginho and Higuain and others, who were his men. I could go on but I'm probably boring you. He's a good manager but he was never committed to staying in England and everyone felt it. He was the wrong man at the wrong time. I think for Chelsea the timing is right, we have a ban, Hazard has gone, expectations are low and we want to see some kids, and everybody just needs a lift. For Lampard however it may well be too soon, as you've said.

If only to have the problems Chelsea have! 

Lets face it, even if Frank does stay, knowing the patients of the Chelsea board, their new man will be gone soon anyway. are we then going to get all this again.

3 minutes ago, BodminRam said:

Lets face it, even if Frank does stay, knowing the patients of the Chelsea board, their new man will be gone soon anyway. are we then going to get all this again.

Every six months at a guess.

Frank will take the Chelsea job it’s his dream and Chelsea are his team ...get over it ...we will have a better manager in place next season and go one better ...Frank is not the be all and end all ...I wish him well ...we are Derby County and we will be fine...might even be a blessing in disguise...