Lampard and the Chelsea job

Poynton ram
Message added by David

If you wish to discuss Frank Lampard’s Chelsea FC results/performances, please use the topic linked below in the Football Forum.

https://dcfcfans.uk/topic/32864-frank-lampard’s-chelsea-fc/

10 minutes ago, sage said:

What compo is everyone hoping for? I'd like

£7m 

3 free loans 

Pre season friendly next summer

Suggs to sing Embarrassment at half time v Forest when we are 3 nil up.

Christine to do Mel's ironing till xmas.

Uncle Harry to pass fans transfer gossip through his car window in the Toys R Us car park.

Cousin Jamie to pass his model girlfriends that he doesn't like anymore on to me.

Il drive Frank there myself if we can get a live youtube feed of christine ironing mels breifs.

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, Richard246 said:

Will Thorne and Martin be back interesting times ahead

I hope not  , if there was one plus with lampard it was that his big name/ personality allowed us to move forward and stop looking back ,I hope first and foremost that whoever comes in carries on with that and is not weighed down with past and past fan favs

7 minutes ago, Archied said:

I hope not  , if there was one plus with lampard it was that his big name/ personality allowed us to move forward and stop looking back ,I hope first and foremost that whoever comes in carries on with that and is not weighed down with past and past fan favs

Couldn't agree more. 

A lot of our fans get attached to players and aren't willing to let go. 

Martin has done absolutely nothing at Fulham or Hull and Thorne couldn't get in Luton's team.

If Thorne was anywhere near the player he was here then getting in Luton's team wouldn't have been an issue.

8 minutes ago, Archied said:

and ended up with Huddlestone being totally ineffective in the biggest game of the season. Hardly moved forward

If you think he’s a traitor for accepting his dream job at a Champions League club and the third-best team in England, then I really do think you’re utterly deluded. The same goes for if you interpreted his ‘this is my club and I have a contract here’ statement post-Wembley as meaning ‘I will turn Chelsea down’. This guy sums it up better than me:

He’s brought the club forward, fostered a sense of togetherness and given us some great moments, all in the space of a year. My bitterness is reserved for the absolutely ******** that the media were spouting weeks ago and the smarmy ex-pros that we’re talking him up for the job. Perhaps he could have had a word with the likes of Drogba, but I’m sure he was just enjoying his holiday.

I expect him to send a heartfelt message to our fans in his Chelsea interview and I’d imagine that, provided relations are good with Mel Morris, we’ll have some decent options to loan next season.

Now it’s about bringing the right man in.  

Why do people think managers are in charge of loans? These massive clubs have huge development teams and loan managers that work with the loanee clubs. I'm not convinced Frank can just go "Oh send these out to Derby me ol mucka!". 

I don't want to build a team around loans again, it really isn't ideal. Let's build our own team of youth and storm it.

3 minutes ago, ThePrisoner said:

Why do people think managers are in charge of loans? These massive clubs have huge development teams and loan managers that work with the loanee clubs. I'm not convinced Frank can just go "Oh send these out to Derby me ol mucka!". 

I don't want to build a team around loans again, it really isn't ideal. Let's build our own team of youth and storm it.

very short-sighted philosophy. I think all the promoted teams have had a loan player or two in the last few years. If they bring success, loan them in.

2 minutes ago, ThePrisoner said:

If he’s the manager (as opposed to head coach) then he’ll certainly have some say. He’s also Frank ducking Lampard and I’d imagine his bosses will respect his wishes as long as the loan makes sense for all parties.

11 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

If you think he’s a traitor for accepting his dream job at a Champions League club and the third-best team in England, then I really do think you’re utterly deluded. The same goes for if you interpreted his ‘this is my club and I have a contract here’ statement post-Wembley as meaning ‘I will turn Chelsea down’.

He’s brought the club forward, fostered a sense of togetherness and given us some great moments, all in the space of a year. My bitterness is reserved for the absolutely ******** that the media were spouting weeks ago and the smarmy ex-pros that we’re talking him up for the job. Perhaps he could have had a word with the likes of Drogba, but I’m sure he was just enjoying his holiday.

I expect him to send a heartfelt message to our fans in his Chelsea interview and I’d imagine that, provided relations are good with Mel Morris, we’ll have some decent options to loan next season.

Now it’s about bringing the right man in.  

Tbf I think most people are annoyed by Lampard’s ex teammates, friends, family stirring the pot and saying what a brilliant appointment he would be for Chelsea, completely ignoring our club in the scenario. Ian wright is probably the only one who has mentioned our club in this soap opera.  I don’t buy that Lampard didn’t know about all his mates bigging him up for the job like some say,  even his wife played the song should I stay or should I go on instagram , it leaves a bitter taste in my mouth and treated our club like a none entity. For all the criticism of Rowett  and people calling him a snake, he left and that was it, none of his friends or even his Mrs got involved like Lampard’s.

2 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Tbf I think most people are annoyed by Lampard’s ex teammates, friends, family stirring the pot and saying what a brilliant appointment he would be for Chelsea, completely ignoring our club in the scenario. Ian wright is probably the only one who has mentioned our club in this soap opera.  I don’t buy that Lampard didn’t know about all his mates bigging him up for the job like some say,  even his wife played the song should I stay or should I go on instagram , it leaves a bitter taste in my mouth and treated our club like a none entity. For all the criticism of Rowett  and people calling him a snake, he left and that was it, none of his friends or even his Mrs got involved like Lampard’s.

You reckon Gary Rowett has friends?

8 minutes ago, ThePrisoner said:

Bang on with the last part. Loans should always be used to complement the current team and system, not to build the team around them like we did with Tomori, Mount and Wilson. It shows poor management and an incredibly shorter sighted view. McClaren got the balance just right with loans.

9 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

very short-sighted philosophy. I think all the promoted teams have had a loan player or two in the last few years. If they bring success, loan them in.

I don't mind loans, but last season we built the team around them. They should be complimenting the current team, not be the core.

@McLovin above beat me to it.

Wish Frank well. Hope the replacement manager will know that to play our best striker on important games is more likely to produce a win. Like the one at Wembley. Watched the match with my great aunt aged 89 . Ten minutes in she asked "where is that one who came on last week and scored straight away why is he not playing, if I was manager he'd be the first one I picked".  

Just now, ThePrisoner said:

I don't mind loans, but last season we built the team around them. They should be complimenting the current team, not be the core.

I wouldn't agree with that. We had 3 loans, roughly 27-28% of the on-field team. They were at the forefront cos they belonged to Liverpool/Chelsea and were young and British, but truth be told, the rest of the team contributed just as much as those three. I could pick holes in all 3 player's games and effectiveness, not to be cruel or moan, just because that is the level we are at and they are still learning the game.

Wolves went up with their loan players being very effective too, not sure it's a bad thing.

I agree with your statement in general though, I just don't think they were the core. 

Not too bothered about Frankie going. True he brought the buzz back and got us to the play offs (just) but for me the season was one of inept performances and bizarre team selections punctuated by a few fantastic games. If he had stayed I imagine the good performances would have increased but all history now and I look forward to the new manager. 

Archived