Lampard and the Chelsea job

Poynton ram
Message added by Day

If you wish to discuss Frank Lampard’s Chelsea FC results/performances, please use the topic linked below in the Football Forum.

https://dcfcfans.uk/topic/32864-frank-lampard’s-chelsea-fc/

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 22/06/2019 at 01:23, Grimbeard said:

This whole thing needs bringing to a head. I think perhaps Derby should do a press release telling Chelsea to put up or shut up.

Good idea? Bad idea? Bloody stupid idea?

8 hours ago, ThePrisoner said:

It’s read as if the club have done it to speed them up in case Chelsea do want to?

Told ya.

3 minutes ago, BarrowRam said:

Monk doesn’t seem to stay to long at all the clubs he’s been at. 

981C4401-6135-4ECC-8406-3DCACFE3BE1C.png

He’ll suit us then 

7 hours ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Just read the statement, that doesn't sound like Chelsea have approached us at all, that really does sound like Derby are being clever.

We have basically publicly said, if you want him come and get him, either Chelsea crack on or they risk starting to look quite bad in all this.

14 minutes ago, Grimbeard said:

Told ya.

1 hour ago, RoyMac5 said:

If only that was true. More likely he'll have a bit of a whinge and come over as a bitter old git.

It doesn't really matter how many compliments you throw at Mel - he's not going to sleep with you.

14 minutes ago, LittleEatonRam said:

I've seen a few people saying we should get Monk. Based on what? He's achieved absolutely nothing.

I've got a book about Belgian beer called "Brew Like A Monk".

2 minutes ago, eddie said:

I've got a book about Belgian beer called "Brew Like A Monk".

Very similar to my soon to be released novel, based on being married for 2 decades.

"Screw like a Monk".

8 hours ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Just read the statement, that doesn't sound like Chelsea have approached us at all, that really does sound like Derby are being clever.

We have basically publicly said, if you want him come and get him, either Chelsea crack on or they risk starting to look quite bad in all this.

SSN are currently saying that Chelsea have agreed to pay the 'buy out clause' - which suggests some contact.

33 minutes ago, LittleEatonRam said:

I've seen a few people saying we should get Monk. Based on what? He's achieved absolutely nothing.

What has Garry Monk achieved? At Swansea he took over from Laudrup kept Swansea up. In his only full season at Swansea finished 8th in premier league - Swansea’s highest ever finish. Following season they sacked him when 15th, went downhill ever since.

Leeds took over a basket case improved their playing style and finished 7th - working under Cellino as well!! Not bad

Boro - he failed, plain and simple

Brum - had a shout of playoffs for most of the season before the points deduction operating under a transfer embargo with a team that nearly got relegated the season prior - he kept them up.

Not bad if you ask me. And interesting he’s actually still younger than Lampard despite all that experience.

I'm still not convinced he's going ?

The more I read our statement the more I notice it doesn't say Chelsea have asked for permission, nor that Lampard has asked to speak to Chelsea (like it did with Rowett).

Inviting Chelsea to "swiftly conclude their discussions" is a pretty odd tone of phrase...

7 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

What has Garry Monk achieved? At Swansea he took over from Laudrup kept Swansea up. In his only full season at Swansea finished 8th in premier league - Swansea’s highest ever finish. Following season they sacked him when 15th, went downhill ever since.

Leeds took over a basket case improved their playing style and finished 7th - working under Cellino as well!! Not bad

Brum - had a shout of playoffs for most of the season before the points deduction operating under a transfer embargo with a team that nearly got relegated the season prior - he kept them up.

Not bad if you ask me. And interesting he’s actually still younger than Lampard despite all that experience.

That looks about right to me.

17 minutes ago, Carnero said:

The more I read our statement the more I notice it doesn't say Chelsea have asked for permission, nor that Lampard has asked to speak to Chelsea (like it did with Rowett).

Inviting Chelsea to "swiftly conclude their discussions" is a pretty odd tone of phrase...

Clinging on to the hope this is true.

Would love for Frank to be sat with Colin on Monday wondering what all the fuss was about and that nothing actually happened...

21 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

Which begs the question: "Why does he keep getting sacked?"

19 minutes ago, Carnero said:

bobs burgers grasping at straws GIF

24 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

I never rated Monk but tbh after reading it like that... that's not bad at all. 

Archived