Lampard and the Chelsea job

Poynton ram
Message added by Day

If you wish to discuss Frank Lampard’s Chelsea FC results/performances, please use the topic linked below in the Football Forum.

https://dcfcfans.uk/topic/32864-frank-lampard’s-chelsea-fc/

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nothing is happening because Lampard is on holiday. I expect that when he is back Chelsea will make their approach. He isn’t going to comment as he is on holiday. Would you discuss work whilst away with your family? And also if he says he isn’t going then leaves he will get slated for being a liar, if he says yes I want to go he gets slated for being disrespectful. He made is perfectly clear when asked by Sky in the play off final build up.

If the situation is as the DT keep saying, just imagine how Frank feels?

The job he really wants has come up and he's supposedly first choice for it. He might feel like it's a season or two too early to be ideal, but I can't believe he'd actually turn it down.

He's already got a brilliant job with Derby - I'm sure he'd choose Chelsea, but I reckon he feels real affection for Derby County. He'll not want to leave us on anything other than good terms. He's also aware the squad needs rebuilding and pre/next season needs planning for now. Yet he'll feel that it's best that the next manager takes the important decisions, so he's not really immersing himself as he would if the Chelsea thing wasn't happening.

But he's heard nothing and Mel's heard nothing. If that's really the situation, Frank Lampard must be in absolute bits not knowing what to do. He can't really get on with his job as our manager until this is resolved. He can't refuse the Chelsea job without it being offered, or even make a critical comment, for fear of permanently closing that door.

I really wouldn't want to him at present - apart from his looks, talent, money and footballing memories that is.

This fella claims he ran into Mel at Markeaton Island Esso and he said he was staying. But (if it happened) that could just be providing a confident answer despite an uncertain reality, which is common among businessmen.

8 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

This fella claims he ran into Mel at Markeaton Island Esso and he said he was staying. But (if it happened) that could just be providing a confident answer despite an uncertain reality, which is common among businessmen.

I meet Alf Stewart from Home and Away there once.  It's a magnet for celebs .

2 hours ago, SK47 said:

It's crazy to think we are at 250 pages and only about 1-5 pages has anything relevant. That's a good indication that the majority of people in here have long term gfs or wives because getting away from them whilst sitting at home would be the only reason you would post on here so much. 

True story...

1 minute ago, Millenniumram said:

He’s not exactly gonna announce to a random geezer in Esso that franks leaving if he without contacting the media first is he...

In a world where Frank is staying, the media will continue to 100% believe he's going to Chelsea until Chelsea appoint someone else. They've dug the hole. 

Us saying no-ones approached us for him, saying he's staying, giving him a new contract (I assume in that world that would happen) will not dissuade the media now.

Am I the only one that thinks Frank is trolling the media more than he's trolling us?

I reckon he'd be shocked at the meltdown level amongst Derby fans. Only last month, he was singing "Stop Crying Frank Lampard" in the dressing and starting the bounce at Elland Road. He struck me as someone who feels he has bonded with our fans, and will be in no rush to walk away from that, not for the purpose of money anyway.

I'm actually convinced he sees this as a medium term project whilst his child is so young. He comes across as someone who would see the freedom of movement his family has in Derbyshire as quite important, whereas London is just London!

Chelsea and then England are deffo on his wishlist, but he's got plenty of time.

13 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

Am I the only one that thinks Frank is trolling the media more than he's trolling us?

I reckon he'd be shocked at the meltdown level amongst Derby fans. Only last month, he was singing "Stop Crying Frank Lampard" in the dressing and starting the bounce at Elland Road. He struck me as someone who feels he has bonded with our fans, and will be in no rush to walk away from that, not for the purpose of money anyway.

I'm actually convinced he sees this as a medium term project whilst his child is so young. He comes across as someone who would see the freedom of movement his family has in Derbyshire as quite important, whereas London is just London!

Chelsea and then England are deffo on his wishlist, but he's got plenty of time.

If you were offered your dream job earlier in your life than you expected, would you turn it down?

2 minutes ago, ossieram said:

11 pages have been added to this topic since I last checked, so surely he has gone now or we have had a press conferance with Mel and Frank saying he is staying! No? What the hell is everybody posting about then? 

Food mostly. 

The most interesting this forum has been in years. ? 

8 minutes ago, Penelope Pendrex said:

If you were offered your dream job earlier in your life than you expected, would you turn it down?

What if your dream job  was to be a brain surgeon and you were offered the job after one year of GCSEs though?

Would you turn it down or would you all be "go on then mate - how hard can it be?"

8 minutes ago, Penelope Pendrex said:

A big question for Frank

He needs to decide if he is ready for such a step up, no use obtaining your dream job if you fail and get sacked.

if he did get sacked would it blight his future career.  Being football it probably wouldn’t but Frank is used to success he needs to ask himself could he deal with failure at his dream job.

49 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

I’m filling up now...

2 minutes ago, StivePesley said:

What if your dream job  was to be a brain surgeon and you were offered the job after one year of GCSEs though?

Would you turn it down or would you all be "go on then mate - how hard can it be?"

comedy central season 3 episode 4 GIF by Workaholics

4 minutes ago, StivePesley said:

offered the job after spending years as one of the most recognised proficient doctors and spent a year in theatre experiencing the methods and procedures of brain surgery.  I know what you are saying but he is no GCSE student though.

4 minutes ago, StivePesley said:

Slight OTT with your example there - There are a lot more technical skills/knowledge needed there - Where a lot of more football management can be done based on applying what you've learned as a player and using the right team around you

I'd say more if your dream was to direct a Hollywood blockbuster and you got offered the latest Marvel movie after only debuting your first 15 minute short at Sundance

Archived