Lampard and the Chelsea job

Poynton ram
Message added by Day

If you wish to discuss Frank Lampard’s Chelsea FC results/performances, please use the topic linked below in the Football Forum.

https://dcfcfans.uk/topic/32864-frank-lampard’s-chelsea-fc/

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

Agree about contracts meaning naff all but I don't recall Stoke (or any other club) being interested in Rowett when he signed a new contract in January so this situation with Lampard is somewhat different.

Stoke were interested at the time in January - he was their prime candidate. Ultimately they decided to wait until the end of the season though.

For me (this next bit is all made up in my head) I think the club knew there was a high chance Gary would be going to Stoke at the end of the season if we didn't get promoted and so acted accordingly to make sure we would at least get something out of his departure with a new contract. Totally different to the Frank situation though, as Gary would have had extra years, benefits for himself, etc added to the contract, which he might have stayed with if he got us promoted. In Franks situation if he knows hes going in a few days we dont really have anything to bargain with in terms of getting him to sign a more favourable contract for us.

Seems it's a bit like a house buying chain - Sarri can leave Chelsea but only after Lamps is free to leave us - which is after we've got his replacement lined up (Jokanovic if we can read into his commnets today)

The story all along was that Chelsea wouldn't let Sarri go until they had his replacement, so it seems an announcement is imminent....

It seems everyone apart from some Derby fans, bbc radio Derby, DET is completely certain this is happening. There are a lot of top journos who will have good sources in Chelsea reporting he will be the new manager. He’s blatantly had informal talks with Abramovich, this is just the formal process starting.

I will be absolutely astounded if this doesn’t happen now. Just hope it’s done quickly with sizeable compo and hopefully a couple of good loan deals so we can move on. It’s less than 7 weeks until the new season!! 

2 minutes ago, Gaspode said:

Seems it's a bit like a house buying chain - Sarri can leave Chelsea but only after Lamps is free to leave us - which is after we've got his replacement lined up (Jokanovic if we can read into his commnets today)

The story all along was that Chelsea wouldn't let Sarri go until they had his replacement, so it seems an announcement is imminent....

What comments are these regarding Jokanovic mate?

1 minute ago, QuitYourJibbaJivin said:

What comments are these regarding Jokanovic mate?

It's in the other (next manager) thread - he was supoosedly to be taking over the Serbia national team but has told the Serbian media that he will not be taking over the national team but that instead he is close to becoming a manager at a club (did not mention which club though)

8 minutes ago, Gaspode said:

6 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I don't think we can expect a happy ending here, all we can hope for is that it is done quickly so we can crack on with next season.

No coincidence that within 24ish hours of us negotiating a contract with Frank, Sarri finally leaves.

For me, a bit like Chelsea, it comes down to how badly I want it and how much I am prepared to pay.

8 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I don't think we can expect a happy ending here, all we can hope for is that it is done quickly so we can crack on with next season.

No coincidence that within 24ish hours of us negotiating a contract with Frank, Sarri finally leaves.

You’re looking at it the wrong way. Sarri was going to leave when the Juventus stuff was sorted. Frank has little bearing on this. 

Let’s be honest, He was always going to go, another 2 years at Derby was max, He has raised the profile of the club and Has great contacts plus being a very likeable Guy, but was His football and decision making that good? 

4 minutes ago, Gaspode said:

It's in the other (next manager) thread - he was supoosedly to be taking over the Serbia national team but has told the Serbian media that he will not be taking over the national team but that instead he is close to becoming a manager at a club (did not mention which club though)

Just saw them mate, interesting. I’d be more than happy with him as manager 

Archived