Bravest Players

Poynton ram

Just seen an interview with Keogh and his broken hand and it got me wondering which players have played through the pain in recent years. Physical rather than in a rubbish team

Admittedly we have had a few sicknotes but which players, however hard they were clattered, would always turn up?

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Michael Johnson seemed to get injured every week at one point, seem to remember him clattering into the advertising boards, stretchered round to the bench with a neck brace on to then reappear on the pitch a few minutes later. 

3 hours ago, rynny said:

Michael Johnson seemed to get injured every week at one point, seem to remember him clattering into the advertising boards, stretchered round to the bench with a neck brace on to then reappear on the pitch a few minutes later. 

He lost about 5 or 6 teeth in that one . Then played against Forest at the weekend. 4-2 match.

Not "in recent years", but I do remember Alan Biley having to hobble/hop around for a good while towards the end of a game, as we had used up our sub(s?).

John Middleton (Keeper) had his dislocated finger wrenched back into place by the trainer... in the six yard box... with a close-up on telly!

9 hours ago, Derby blood said:

Johnny Russell also played on against Leeds with a broken shin, but yes our Captain Keogh always plays through the pain barrier, a great example to how a footballer should behave,  a great ambassador to this football club.

He played through a broken face at one point too - Went crashing into the ad boards trying to stop a ball going out of play - Raced back onto the pitch after treatment - Found out after the game he'd fractured his cheekbone/eye socket?

In my mind he also scored a header that day but that might be me over-romanticising the situation...

1 hour ago, cheron85 said:

He played through a broken face at one point too - Went crashing into the ad boards trying to stop a ball going out of play - Raced back onto the pitch after treatment - Found out after the game he'd fractured his cheekbone/eye socket?

In my mind he also scored a header that day but that might be me over-romanticising the situation...

Nah, 1-0 Wigan. Got smashed jumping for a header, definite yellow-worthy, not even a foul 

Archived