Four Four Two article on our Frank

ramsbottom

https://www.fourfourtwo.com/features/derby-county-frank-lampard-cant-afford-miss-out-promotion-premier-league-again 

Frank Lampard probably knew the score. At his unveiling as Derby County’s new manager, he was asked about the expectations put upon him in his first senior role. As one of 20 applicants assessed by Derby, the new manager was left under no illusions.

"It sold itself to me as a club and the players were very close to promotion last year,” Lampard said. “There are expectations and I understand that. I played under expectations as a player. I know what's required and the vision of the club and I will try my best to bring it to the table."

Before Lampard, Gary Rowett had been sacked after Derby finished sixth and lost in the play-offs. Steve McClaren was sacked for finishing 10th and missing out on promotion. Paul Clement was sacked with Derby fifth in the table and wobbling. Before him, McClaren again was sacked for finishing eighth. The message is pretty clear: this club wants promotion.

Lazy piece TBH, wrong in their view that Rowett was sacked, and still referring to the stadium as the IPRO.  Despite a couple of valid points it winds me up when so called journalists get stuff wrong about us...

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, ramsbottom said:

https://www.fourfourtwo.com/features/derby-county-frank-lampard-cant-afford-miss-out-promotion-premier-league-again 

Frank Lampard probably knew the score. At his unveiling as Derby County’s new manager, he was asked about the expectations put upon him in his first senior role. As one of 20 applicants assessed by Derby, the new manager was left under no illusions.

"It sold itself to me as a club and the players were very close to promotion last year,” Lampard said. “There are expectations and I understand that. I played under expectations as a player. I know what's required and the vision of the club and I will try my best to bring it to the table."

Before Lampard, Gary Rowett had been sacked after Derby finished sixth and lost in the play-offs. Steve McClaren was sacked for finishing 10th and missing out on promotion. Paul Clement was sacked with Derby fifth in the table and wobbling. Before him, McClaren again was sacked for finishing eighth. The message is pretty clear: this club wants promotion.

Lazy piece TBH, wrong in their view that Rowett was sacked, and still referring to the stadium as the IPRO.  Despite a couple of valid points it winds me up when so called journalists get stuff wrong about us...

The article has since been edited. The bold bit now reads "Before Lampard, Rowett chose to leave for Stoke, but also failed to get Derby up."

What he hasn't corrected is stated McClaren was sacked (the second time) for finishing 10th when he was in fact sacked mid season.

Cole and Ambrose are apparently on "handsome wages". We also have one of the most "expensively assembled squads in the Championship" despite having the 11th, 18th and 7th highest net transfer spend over the past 3 seasons (according to transfermarkt)

The lack of reference to injuries forcing Lampard to 'tinker' irked me as well

3 hours ago, David said:

Forest fan wrote it. For that reason, I won’t be investing my time into reading it, I’m out.

50C33033-7A52-48AF-979A-A530352B69C4.jpeg

I came across this article before seeing it posted on here. No idea about who wrote it but my first conclusion is this must have been written by a Forest fan!! Suspicion confirmed. Good to see my treedar is working well!

Storey also contributes to The Totally Football show. A good programme but plenty of surreptitious mentions of 11 points and overt references to notts, Clough etc.

Stuck in an 80s black hole, similar to Daniel Taylor in the Guardian (actually an excellent journalist, especially his investigative work). 

1 hour ago, IlsonDerby said:

Daniel might be a red dog but he’s very fair and balanced. Normally enjoy reading his pieces. 

Fair and balanced, but inaccurate?

Nothing against fans of other clubs writing articles on us, but at least get the basic facts right when you do. 

Like listening to a commentator that gets Andre Wisdom and Mason Mount mixed up, mute.

Lampard's going to come under heavy scrutiny from the press because of his name, certainly no hint of pressure from fans or the board at Derby. 

I saw another one on NewsNow explaining how all our best players are borrowed, how we've blown it this year and how poor a job Lampard has done. It's easy to zone it out because it's completely over the top. 

16 hours ago, David said:

Nothing against fans of other clubs writing articles on us, but at least get the basic facts right when you do. 

Like listening to a commentator that gets Andre Wisdom and Mason Mount mixed up, mute.

I get the impression that he doesn’t pay much attention to the championship outside of Forest anymore. 

He seemed surprised at how well Sheffield United are doing, which is odd considering they were doing as well last season until Coutts’ injury. They’ve strengthened since last season at that.

18 hours ago, David said:

I think the BBC are pretty bad at it too - Half the time a very quick google search will give you the information yet some writers are even too lazy to do that!

Plus, he's obviously a free-lancer and my view is that he's probably not good enough for someone to want him permanently*

*views expressed in this statement are entirely based on immediate reaction to this one situation and do not reflect actual opinions on free-lancing which is a valuable and worthy pursuit 

Archived