Birmingham FFP hearing starts today

FindernRam

3 minutes ago, GenBr said:

The only thing they can do to a promoted teams is a fine and even then they have no way of actually collecting the fine as the Prem wont enforce it. I think they can only implement a pojnts deduction in the current season - dont think they can save it for when they come back down.

The EFL can also demote from Autos to playoffs or from playoffs to the rest of the league if FFP is breached, so us and Villa will have to be careful.

Now the Championship and Prem have aligned their FFP rules rules will be enforced upon promoted teams. QPR ‘got away with it’ as the rules weren’t aligned

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sith Happens
7 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

I would imagine it’s because the club accounts profit/loss are not the same as FFP profit/loss. 

Debts were written off = profit. That money (or at least most of it) will not count towards FFP. 

*Correct me if I’m wrong - I’m not an accounts or FFP expert

Yeah I imagine it will be something like that, but what i dont get is if debts can be written off as part of a purchase why a current owner cant just do the same.

14 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Now the Championship and Prem have aligned their FFP rules rules will be enforced upon promoted teams. QPR ‘got away with it’ as the rules weren’t aligned

Thats good news i suppose. Will they actually give meaningful fines to prem clubs now then? Not like the £6 mill or whatever it was Bournemouth paid.

12 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

Yeah I imagine it will be something like that, but what i dont get is if debts can be written off as part of a purchase why a current owner cant just do the same.

Now thats the interesting question, and is the nub of the issue about whether we are or are not debt free. 

Sith Happens
10 minutes ago, RamNut said:

Now thats the interesting question, and is the nub of the issue about whether we are or are not debt free. 

Well in a report not long ago we had about 3 million debt, so who knows.

So....Portsmouth, Southampton, QPR, Bournemouth, Tottenham....and now Birmingham and even little old Derby...(anyone else I have missed?)...what/who have they all got in common....?

dont take any advice from your Uncle please Frank... and to think most of you on here wanted that car salesman to be England manager...well i guess he couldn’t have spent money that wasn’t there in that position..

7 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

So....Portsmouth, Southampton, QPR, Bournemouth, Tottenham....and now Birmingham and even little old Derby...(anyone else I have missed?)...what/who have they all got in common....?

dont take any advice from your Uncle please Frank... and to think most of you on here wanted that car salesman to be England manager...well i guess he couldn’t have spent money that wasn’t there in that position..

Managers don’t sign the cheques.

The only thing you could say is Harry has a way of convincing clubs to splash the cash, buy this kid and we’re going up.  

Not sure why you’ve grouped us in, he never bought anyone to the club, arrived in March and gone at the end of the season, we had already spent a ton of money by then.

1 hour ago, MuespachRam said:

Dont really think Redknapp can be blamed for Paul Clement spunking away all our money in January because he thought we were Real Madrid. Especially since he joined as a result of clement being sacked.

1 hour ago, MuespachRam said:

From a week ago, Harry takes his name out of the equation...

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11694/11671474/harry-redknapp-denies-responsibility-for-birminghams-potential-points-deduction

On 28/03/2019 at 16:02, MuespachRam said:

ha ha..yep….OJ, Michael Jackson and Gerry Mcann all claim they are innocent too..

Gerry probably is, I think Kate did the deed and Gerry's covering for her...

As for 'Arry, fair play that he can twist chairmen into ignoring the balance sheet.  It's not his fault they're easily swayed...

Archived