Birmingham FFP hearing starts today

FindernRam

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, dcfcfan1 said:

Theyd never touch Man city or a bigger club 

disgusting

Feel sorry for Brum, everyone is after that atm. Fantastic club and fantastic fans- there I said it

The EFL would never touch Man City, because they have no jurisdiction on the Premier League. FFP completely different in the Prem.

Birmingham knew the rules and decided to run the risk and break them anyway. Gamble didnt pay off and now they are being punished. Quite frankly i think the EFL is being rather lenient.

Sith Happens

So why weren't Chelsea deducted points for illegal activity signing minors? Oh yeah to keep the elite the elite.

Appalling punishment. 

Man city got a fine for breaching ffp, like that matters to them

Why don't the powers that be make promotion and relegation to the Premier league by vote and invite only and have done.

2 hours ago, GenBr said:

The EFL would never touch Man City, because they have no jurisdiction on the Premier League. FFP completely different in the Prem.

Birmingham knew the rules and decided to run the risk and break them anyway. Gamble didnt pay off and now they are being punished. Quite frankly i think the EFL is being rather lenient.

So true, openly defied efl and got a slap on the wrists.  Teams will follow this and if penalised more than 9 points will sue.

2 hours ago, Paul71 said:

So why weren't Chelsea deducted points for illegal activity signing minors? Oh yeah to keep the elite the elite.

Appalling punishment. 

Man city got a fine for breaching ffp, like that matters to them

Why don't the powers that be make promotion and relegation to the Premier league by vote and invite only and have done.

Because Chelsea and Man City can’t be punished by the EFL...

3 hours ago, dcfcfan1 said:

Theyd never touch Man city or a bigger club 

disgusting

Feel sorry for Brum, everyone is after that atm. Fantastic club and fantastic fans- there I said it

I’m sorry but have you ever met a Birmingham fan? Fantastic club with fantastic fans is rather the opposite of what I’d use to describe that lot. Get the point that they should do the same to city, but in this division can’t think of many teams other than maybe leeds I’d rather it happen to.

28 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

I’m sorry but have you ever met a Birmingham fan? Fantastic club with fantastic fans is rather the opposite of what I’d use to describe that lot. Get the point that they should do the same to city, but in this division can’t think of many teams other than maybe leeds I’d rather it happen to.

I can - Villa, Forest and Stoke for starters 

17 minutes ago, coneheadjohn said:

It just says our accounts will be under increased scrutiny along with Villa and Wednesday. Villa have almost certainly breached FFP and Wednesday seem to be in a similar position to us.

Its not as if we are miles away from the FFP limit - not really a stretch to suggest we could be one of the next teams to be punished.

On 19/03/2019 at 17:04, BodminRam said:

Harry Strikes again. Pompey QPR are just a couple I can think off now Brum, thank god he didn't have any power to spend in his short time with us

Rubbish. He's just the manager that desperate clubs turn to, and therefore give him a boatload of cash that they don't have to try and work miracles. "Harry Houdini", remember?

He doesn't sign the cheques.

6 minutes ago, Gritters said:

So what happens if a team breaks the rules and goes up. Should they get a points deduction and possibly not go up or do they get the deduction when they come down?

It's to late for points deductions by then.  They just get a fine, equivalent to c. 7% of the profits they made whilst up there!  

Seems fair!

Sith Happens

What I dont get, with FFP is why when someone buys the club or invests, like Villa/Forest then FFP goes out the window? Forest went from losing Millions and being massively in debt to post a 30 million profit in the space of a few months, just because someone purchased the club and invested.

I know its down to clever accountancy etc, but a club just doesnt got from breaching FFP and having transfer embargos to suddenly posting 30 million annual profits.

Is there some sort of new owner amnesty that allows them to pump money in during the first year or something like that?

12 minutes ago, Gritters said:

So what happens if a team breaks the rules and goes up. Should they get a points deduction and possibly not go up or do they get the deduction when they come down?

The only thing they can do to a promoted teams is a fine and even then they have no way of actually collecting the fine as the Prem wont enforce it. I think they can only implement a pojnts deduction in the current season - dont think they can save it for when they come back down.

The EFL can also demote from Autos to playoffs or from playoffs to the rest of the league if FFP is breached, so us and Villa will have to be careful.

Sith Happens
10 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Because Chelsea and Man City can’t be punished by the EFL...

Yes I know, my point still stands though, what is the deterrent for clubs like City, when all they get is a slap on the wrist fine, even their reported transfer embargo wont affect them too much.

Even though the play in the Premier League surely all clubs should be playing by similar rules.

If they dont, if they continue to allow owners to pump in billions into the big clubs but are quick to punish those in the EFL that dare spend a bit then the gap between the elite and everyone else will just get wider.

2 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

What I dont get, with FFP is why when someone buys the club or invests, like Villa/Forest then FFP goes out the window? Forest went from losing Millions and being massively in debt to post a 30 million profit in the space of a few months, just because someone purchased the club and invested.

I know its down to clever accountancy etc, but a club just doesnt got from breaching FFP and having transfer embargos to suddenly posting 30 million annual profits.

Is there some sort of new owner amnesty that allows them to pump money in during the first year or something like that?

I would imagine it’s because the club accounts profit/loss are not the same as FFP profit/loss. 

Debts were written off = profit. That money (or at least most of it) will not count towards FFP. 

*Correct me if I’m wrong - I’m not an accounts or FFP expert

Archived