Birmingham (A) Tickets - Sold Out

Day

5 hours ago, OohMartWright said:

There is an express statement in big red letters on the website saying that if you buy tickets you will NOT be able to exchange them later. It seems that the ticket office is peed off with this as well.

Oh Ok!

So how about you take them back for a refund.

... Then, if need be, walk out, do a twirl, then walk back in again, to purchase new tickets.  Would they effectively ban you from buying tickets for a match you have already returned and been refunded for?

*Just thinking out loud here!

EDIT:

Just realised (I'm used to using the actual ticket office, living locally)

I presume you can still get refunds if purchased on line?

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Paying £40 for away membership should in my eyes give you a preference for the best seating at away matches.

This is not a discussion on whether we should or shouldn't have it but on the basis that they do - the customers who had bought this, and therefore often buy tickets first should get preferential seating positions.

i can't think of any other event or system where the people buying first get the worst seats!!!

8 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

This whole loyal fan thing does my head in .  some one has a 200,000 salary and gets a ticket for every game home and away with every gold plated extra.  Fair play if you can do it why not .

Someone has a 17,000 a year salary and has too put money aside to take them and there two children to 3 or 4 games a year.  Why are they less loyal a fan .  In fact they make much more effort.

Don't be silly, of course they are.

7 hours ago, OohMartWright said:

Sorry @Gee SCREAMER !! , my choice of words was not meant to cause offence or judge fans' loyalty by the size of their bank balance. We are all Rams and all love our club. I wouldn't mind a £200,000 salary, though ?.

What I was trying to get across, perhaps overly hastily due to being annoyed, was the point that those fans who rush to get tickets as soon as they go on sale should not be penalised by being restricted to the worst seats available.

Fair enough mate .  When I saw my buzz word loyal fans, I probably didn't read it in the context you meant it before replying so equally hasty.

Been an away member for a few years now.

Like the reassurance that we will get tickets, so can get decent deals on travel and accommodation etc.. subject of course to Sky not dicking us about.

Go to as many away as we can, been to 15 up to now this season.

Have been allocated some horrible seats over the years.

This new choose your seat system goes some way to addressing that, but still not good enough in my opinion.

Also don't agree with membership scheme for getting tickets. But club ate obviously happy to take 40 quid off folks and that also saves them having to put in much effort regarding fans loyalty.

As the song does 'I ducking love Derby' but those running the club have always taken the fans loyalty for granted and sometimes feels like they're taking the piss.

Anyway rant over, let's see if people power regarding slow sales in the crapo block at Brum makes anyone at the club take notice - not holding my breath tho,

Little Derby can do if you think about it, as has been said the away club sets the terms on how the seats are sold, that's not a Derby County policy although I'm sure we do the same as when you see clubs bringing smaller followings they are condensed into one area towards the top.

I'm guessing it makes it easier for the home club to Police/Steward which makes sense, you have some grounds with away fans located on two tiers, you can understand why clubs wouldn't want 500 fans in the upper tier and 500 in the lower scattered all over.

This new system isn't worse than before, we're just more aware now on how tickets are sold with the added bonus of being able to select a seat, on the aisle for example even if it's not a block you really wanted to be in, so it's actually slightly better.

Memberships never guaranteed you the best seats, just a higher priority of getting a seat so you don't miss out.

They could in theory make the "better" areas membership only for a period, rather than getting the opportunity to purchase first you must wait until previous blocks have been sold first.

Who decides which are the better blocks though? You will have a AngieRam that prefers to sit, and a Gritters that wants to stand, some will want to bang on the back of the stand where as others prefer to smell the BO of the player taking a corner.

Also would you want to be checking daily until the block becomes available? What about those that prefer to purchase at the ticket office rather than online?

Arsenal have a ticket exchange website, I think the club are missing a trick not having one. 

Allow fans to swap with each other whilst also allowing season ticket holders make their seat available when they can't attend. 

Say I can't make the Tuesday game to Ipswich, but I have a decent seat. Allow me to make that available and if purchased, accumulate points that can be exchanged for free ticket, money off in the club shop etc. This could also tempt more into purchasing a season ticket, fans that can't make midweek games and question the value of purchasing one.

Swapping seats with another fan charge a small transaction fee, I suspect this would be more difficult for away games than home as they don't have the print at home facility, need more clubs to catch up to us. 

15 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Sorry, don't follow . Of course they are what ?

More loyal, it’s not judging people by the size of their bank balance, its not even judging people at all, it’s just saying the ones that go to most of the games are more loyal than the ones who don’t. 

31 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

If anyone is interested, Block GML3 is available (may have been open for a while for all I know) and I've just bought mine.

Thanks. We were waiting for it to appear online and now got the tickets we want.

2 hours ago, Tamworthram said:

If anyone is interested, Block GML3 is available (may have been open for a while for all I know) and I've just bought mine.

Got ours in that block anorl, train tickets booked too.

Another good day out in Brum ? ?

The map isn't right. The gangways should be on either side but they seem to have them in the middle. On block three there seems to be only about 10 seats in between the gangway entrances looking at the indentation in the right. Very confusing.

2 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Shakespeare is the usual venue isn't it?

Last few times I've been the bouncers have been on a power trip so I've not bothered with it . Prefer the pubs on Bennett's hill , just round the corner and up the hill from Shakespeare ! 

Archived