Birmingham (A) Tickets - Sold Out

David

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just been online to book tickets for this as soon as sales opened for away members, only to find that despite the grand claims about the seating plan only the corner block GML1 (i.e. the most crap seats) are currently available. I thought this was a computer glitch and decided to ring the ticket office to buy tickets for block GML4, behind the goal, only to be told, in a pleasant and sympathetic manner, by a lady from the ticket office that they had been instructed by BCFC to sell the tickets in a specific order and that she could not sell me my chosen seats, even though they are part of our allocation. She advised me that other fans had also complained about this.

In short, the most loyal fans are given the most crap seats. This cannot be right. Can someone have a word with the club about this? To say that I am peed off is an understatement.

Not ideal of course, but how about buying what's on offer now, keeping an eye on things, and when the block you prefer comes up for sale, exchange the tickets?

Would that work?

Would they allow an exchange later down the line?

Can see why you're miffed though! 

I guess we Boo Brum for this, as our ticket office can only do as they are told.

57 minutes ago, OohMartWright said:

Just been online to book tickets for this as soon as sales opened for away members, only to find that despite the grand claims about the seating plan only the corner block GML1 (i.e. the most crap seats) are currently available. I thought this was a computer glitch and decided to ring the ticket office to buy tickets for block GML4, behind the goal, only to be told, in a pleasant and sympathetic manner, by a lady from the ticket office that they had been instructed by BCFC to sell the tickets in a specific order and that she could not sell me my chosen seats, even though they are part of our allocation. She advised me that other fans had also complained about this.

In short, the most loyal fans are given the most crap seats. This cannot be right. Can someone have a word with the club about this? To say that I am peed off is an understatement.

Yes this is rubbish. Same at Villa. Something needs to be done about it. How come this wasn’t a problem before?

10 minutes ago, Gritters said:

Yes this is rubbish. Same at Villa. Something needs to be done about it. How come this wasn’t a problem before?

It's always been a problem. We regularly do what @Mucker1884 suggests above; buy and then exchange later for better seats. 

Usually involves at least two and sometimes three trips to ticket office. 

The club knows it's a problem and insists there is nothing they can do about it.

I'd argue that for games like this, which are guaranteed sell-outs, they could take the chance and start in the middle if they wanted. But they won't.  

At least at Birmingham you can choose how far back you sit/stand. At Villa they released lower tier tickets first meaning we got loads of standers and singers in front of us in lower tier. They all went at half time so we got a much better view second half! 

5 minutes ago, angieram said:

It's always been a problem. We regularly do what @Mucker1884 suggests above; buy and then exchange later for better seats. 

Usually involves at least two and sometimes three trips to ticket office. 

The club knows it's a problem and insists there is nothing they can do about it.

I'd argue that for games like this, which are guaranteed sell-outs, they could take the chance and start in the middle if they wanted. But they won't.  

At least at Birmingham you can choose how far back you sit/stand. At Villa they released lower tier tickets first meaning we got loads of standers and singers in front of us in lower tier. They all went at half time so we got a much better view second half! 

I’m going to hold fire just yet. 3k may make general sale. I might wait until the 25th at least.

1 hour ago, Mucker1884 said:

Not ideal of course, but how about buying what's on offer now, keeping an eye on things, and when the block you prefer comes up for sale, exchange the tickets?

Would that work?

Would they allow an exchange later down the line?

Can see why you're miffed though! 

I guess we Boo Brum for this, as our ticket office can only do as they are told.

There is an express statement in big red letters on the website saying that if you buy tickets you will NOT be able to exchange them later. It seems that the ticket office is peed off with this as well.

3 minutes ago, Gritters said:

I’m going to hold fire just yet. 3k may make general sale. I might wait until the 25th at least.

That's what we're doing too. Putting the seating plans online makes it harder for the club to sell these rubbish tickets online whereas before people bought them unknowingly.

Have we got enough fans who don't care (or are too thick to realise) to buy these seats? Villa early sales were sluggish because of this. It can only get worse!

Luckily both Brentford and Blackburn tickets were available centre out so we were able to snaffle really good seats for those. ?

1 hour ago, OohMartWright said:

Having a away membership doesn't make you " the most loyal fans" but I see your point about the seating plan.

Just now, angieram said:

That's what we're doing too. Putting the seating plans online makes it harder for the club to sell these rubbish tickets online whereas before people bought them unknowingly.

Have we got enough fans who don't care (or are too thick to realise) to buy these seats? Villa early sales were sluggish because of this. It can only get worse!

Luckily both Brentford and Blackburn tickets were available centre out so we were able to snaffle really good seats for those. ?

I got my Brentford ones. I’m standing in the middle.

3 minutes ago, OohMartWright said:

There is an express statement in big red letters on the website saying that if you buy tickets you will NOT be able to exchange them later. It seems that the ticket office is peed off with this as well.

Maybe they put up with us doing it all season as there were only a few of us at it!  

As I said before, putting the seating plans online has just highlighted the unfairness of it all. 

2 minutes ago, Mick Brolly said:

Having a away membership doesn't make you " the most loyal fans" but I see your point about the seating plan.

This whole loyal fan thing does my head in .  some one has a 200,000 salary and gets a ticket for every game home and away with every gold plated extra.  Fair play if you can do it why not .

Someone has a 17,000 a year salary and has too put money aside to take them and there two children to 3 or 4 games a year.  Why are they less loyal a fan .  In fact they make much more effort.

1 minute ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

This whole loyal fan thing does my head in .  some one has a 200,000 salary and gets a ticket for every game home and away with every gold plated extra.  Fair play if you can do it why not .

Someone has a 17,000 a year salary and has too put money aside to take them and there two children to 3 or 4 games a year.  Why are they less loyal a fan .  In fact they make much more effort.

I’m not on £200000 a year. I don’t think any fan is more loyal than any other whether they have never been to a game or go to every game. The problem here is if you get a ticket early you get a duff seat.

2 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Sorry @Gee SCREAMER !! , my choice of words was not meant to cause offence or judge fans' loyalty by the size of their bank balance. We are all Rams and all love our club. I wouldn't mind a £200,000 salary, though ?.

What I was trying to get across, perhaps overly hastily due to being annoyed, was the point that those fans who rush to get tickets as soon as they go on sale should not be penalised by being restricted to the worst seats available.

Archived