What are you eating this morning

David

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tried to make raspberry muffins this morning, kinda turned into a disaster. First we didn’t have any raspberries, they were strawberries we had in so I decided to go for coconut instead. Then I discovered a pack of chocolate buttons so fetched the hammer to create chocolate chips as one does.

Not dared try one yet, will test them on the missus first and wait to see the reaction. 

First lot came out pretty flat and small so went large the next lot, they kinda look muffinish but don’t have that cracked top you would associate with a muffin, might be down to the gluten free ingredients or a too small cup thingy, dunno. 

2353EBFA-46C6-4D24-A0AC-235965BD0844.jpeg

E9D2082C-E3BF-4A1D-8F4A-012A4A52742F.jpeg

810D5C81-FE2B-483B-8EAE-F577C0C3EDF3.jpeg

99DBF365-636A-4105-AC0B-A5D88E218EC2.jpeg

Just now, Smyth_18 said:

'What are you eating this morning?' is a bit of a misleading title as you have absolutely no interest in what other people are eating @David .

It's just a thread for you to show off another one of your mid life crises.

Behave Benjamin, it’s the international break, most are hibernating whilst I experiment in the kitchen. Breakfast is when culinary talent really shines, where you can’t dump a load of garlic or dead fish on your plate and call it artistic.

Parsnips baps also look delightful. 

1 hour ago, David said:

Tried to make raspberry muffins this morning, kinda turned into a disaster. First we didn’t have any raspberries, they were strawberries we had in so I decided to go for coconut instead. Then I discovered a pack of chocolate buttons so fetched the hammer to create chocolate chips as one does.

Not dared try one yet, will test them on the missus first and wait to see the reaction. 

First lot came out pretty flat and small so went large the next lot, they kinda look muffinish but don’t have that cracked top you would associate with a muffin, might be down to the gluten free ingredients or a too small cup thingy, dunno. 

2353EBFA-46C6-4D24-A0AC-235965BD0844.jpeg

E9D2082C-E3BF-4A1D-8F4A-012A4A52742F.jpeg

810D5C81-FE2B-483B-8EAE-F577C0C3EDF3.jpeg

99DBF365-636A-4105-AC0B-A5D88E218EC2.jpeg

Did you buy the hammer especially for smashing the chocolate buttons? If not you don't appear to have done  any DIY with it.

1 hour ago, 1of4 said:

Did you buy the hammer especially for smashing the chocolate buttons? If not you don't appear to have done  any DIY with it.

Last summer I purchased my first set of tools, it was time. Barely used the hammer other than smashing a few IKEA bits together 

• 2 weeks later...

Archived