Other Fans Forums

plymouthram

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, Eric the half a ram said:

Sorry, wasn't clear, winners stay up. Losers go to Wembley, winner stays up, loser goes to the championship! ;-) 

Cruel!

If you're going down, you are going down in style... Tears on Wembley Way!

(At least we had the fall-back of a decent season behind us, to soften the blow after the QPR Game!)

I think the promotion/relegation play-off in the late 80s was continually marred by crowd violence. Remember how bad it is when you lose a normal play-off final and the other team go up and you don't? Add being relegated to the disappointment whilst watching the other team go up. 

The play-offs are fantastic as with 8 games left I think only maybe 4 teams are not concerned with either promotion or relegation. Without them there would be 14 with nothing to play for. 

I don't think the bottom teams of the PL should get a chance to save themselves with a play off. They've had a season demonstration they're not good enough.

Giving 3rd-6th play off spots is a compromise on integrity in exchange for entertainment, but it works as it keeps the season "alive" much longer fir many more clubs.

Why not split the leagues like they do in Scotland ????????

A section of low end PL vs high end championship to slug it out over who starts next season in which division?

The play offs are great just the way they are.

The best team always wins the league, the second best team always finishes second.....the next 4 best teams are in the play offs....they know the rules before a single ball is kicked so if they want to avoid the play offs then they have to win more games. simple as that.

On 17/03/2019 at 19:02, David said:

More importantly @plymouthram, did any other forum look as good as this one? Give it me straight, I can take it, just don’t tell me this team has no chance as I can’t take that.

Most other teams forum are not as good. I did like the link that Bristol have on theirs, where you can click on any championship team and it put you straight on to that clubs forum site

Archived