Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
plymouthram

Other Fans Forums

Recommended Posts

Spent a couple of hours looking at our rivals Forum sites. Most Westbrom fans seemed to have resigned themselves to the play-offs and don,t want Villa in either semi's or final.  Most M'Boro fans want Pulis out and are moaning about all the teams closing in on them in the play-off positions. Most Villa fans think they are home and dry for a play-off spot and are looking at 5th more 6th place. Majority of Preston fans are happy what they have acheived and want to remain under the radar. But quite a few don't think they will get into the play-offs. Bristol fans are resigned to championship football next season and most are predicting the team will finish between 8th and 12th. Sheffield Weds fans seem to split between romping into the top 6 to glory and others feel the next set of fixtures will kill their season off, but are still happy, due to being miles away from a relegation battle. Forest fans are annoyed that the club should be higher in the league with all the money they spent in the summer. Only a few still think they can get into the play-offs. Not many Hull fans are talking of promotion. Birmingham fans have resigned to not being in the race and are more concerned about possible points reduction through FFP. A few Brentford fans are still talking of promotion and are pointing out their goal diff is worth a point.

Share this post


Link to post

Good work @plymouthram, very interesting to see other fans views. You've definitely been busy there so just in case you haven't had time to catch up on here then let me update you: It's still the same, a mixture of wrist slashers, happy clappers (I include myself here) and experts that know exactly how it's gonna pan out. Personally I'm just glad we've still got our hat in the ring and are relatively in charge of our own destiny. Performances are definitely on the upturn so it's glass half full for this happy clapper.

Share this post


Link to post
25 minutes ago, oldtimeram said:

As we are, if we think we will get in the play offs 

Hopefully the players still have belief in their abilities, even if some fans have given up on them as usual.

We have a very good chance of making the play offs, with a game in hand a top 6 place is ours to lose.

Favourable fixtures to play and players back from injury after the break, excuse my confidence in what this team can achieve.

By the way, that’s not being “deluded”, just what the situation is right now. 

Hey, at least you got your I told your so in nice and early if we don’t finish top 6, that will be a nice one to quote and pat your back in May.

Keep smiling! 😊

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)

The league should go back to the 3 promoted outright scenario that they had before, world and his uncle know's they won't though.

Managers are now measured on the metric of success being getting into the playoffs even if their side ends in glorious defeat or humiliating capitulation. 

Top 6 finish an achievement even if the side stays in the same division? Not for me.

Edited by Inglorius

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Inglorius said:

The league should go back to the 3 promoted outright scenario that they had before, world and his uncle know's they won't though.

Managers are now measured on the metric of success being getting into the playoffs even if their side ends in glorious defeat or humiliating capitulation. 

Top 6 finish an achievement even if the side stays in the same division? Not for me.

Well said. 

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, David said:

More importantly @plymouthram, did any other forum look as good as this one? Give it me straight, I can take it, just don’t tell me this team has no chance as I can’t take that.

They aint got fancy night mode like us so they'll all be in bed or still trying to post with stinging eyes!

Share this post


Link to post
13 hours ago, Steve How Hard? said:

Good work @plymouthram, very interesting to see other fans views. You've definitely been busy there so just in case you haven't had time to catch up on here then let me update you: It's still the same, a mixture of wrist slashers, happy clappers (I include myself here) and experts that know exactly how it's gonna pan out. Personally I'm just glad we've still got our hat in the ring and are relatively in charge of our own destiny. Performances are definitely on the upturn so it's glass half full for this happy clapper.

You have forgot the would be managers. The Lampard advisory panel I like to think they are.

Share this post


Link to post

I’ve just realised reading this that there was a night mode.

good work @plymouthram I’d pretty much agree with all those assessments.

5th and 6th spot very much up for grabs. I expect villa to fill 5th leaving everyone else scrambling for the last spot. We’re no better or worse than Boro, Preston, Forest, Sheff Weds or Bristol so we’re in with a shout.

But it’s going to be difficult with so many teams and probably only one place available given the form Villa are in.

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)

The play offs system is rubbish in its current format. It's not fair a 3rd place team could have 80+ points and 6th barely touching 70 points are on the same playing field. 3rd place should automatically make it to Wembley. 5th faces 6th place. The winner plays 4th place. The winner of that game then goes to Wembley for the final promotion spot.

Edited by SouthStandDan

Share this post


Link to post
54 minutes ago, SouthStandDan said:

The play offs system is rubbish in its current format. It's not fair a 3rd place team could have 80+ points and 6th barely touching 70 points are on the same playing field. 3rd place should automatically make it to Wembley. 5th faces 6th place. The winner plays 4th place. The winner of that game then goes to Wembley for the final promotion spot.

agreed, the playoffs in its current form feels like it's all based on momentum.

I'd like to see them adopt an idea similar to what they have in the Eredivisie in the Netherlands, something like...

 

PREMIER LEAGUE:

16th

------------------

17th (Promotion/Relegation playoff)

18th (Promotion/Relegation playoff)

_________________

19th (Relegation)

20th (Relegation)

 

CHAMPIONSHIP:

1st (Promotion)

2nd (Promotion)

_________________

3rd (Promotion/Relegation playoff)

4th (Promotion/Relegation playoff)

 

give the championship sides a direct shot at the struggling prem teams? or at least a format similar to this?admittedly it does leave more teams in the championship playing for less by shrinking the number of playoff spots...personally just don't like the way it works now.

 

Share this post


Link to post

I genuinely thought this would be a post about the quality/usability of our forum, which is one of the best there is.  I've noticed a few other clubs use a similar platform, but some others are just completely unusable (try and take a look at Luton's...) or very rarely used.   Forest also have a very good forum if I'm being honest...anyways I'm just going off topic trying to get into @David's good books

Share this post


Link to post
58 minutes ago, Roots Manuva said:

agreed, the playoffs in its current form feels like it's all based on momentum.

I'd like to see them adopt an idea similar to what they have in the Eredivisie in the Netherlands, something like...

 

PREMIER LEAGUE:

16th

------------------

17th (Promotion/Relegation playoff)

18th (Promotion/Relegation playoff)

_________________

19th (Relegation)

20th (Relegation)

 

CHAMPIONSHIP:

1st (Promotion)

2nd (Promotion)

_________________

3rd (Promotion/Relegation playoff)

4th (Promotion/Relegation playoff)

 

give the championship sides a direct shot at the struggling prem teams? or at least a format similar to this?admittedly it does leave more teams in the championship playing for less by shrinking the number of playoff spots...personally just don't like the way it works now.

 

Wouldn't that also be based on momentum though as high Championship teams likely to have this over struggling Prem ones?

All play off systems are imperfect.

Strongly wanted top 3 to go up when we were there, now I think top 6 is ok! 

We all know the rules at the beginning of the season, it's up to each team to take advantage of them.

Still think top 3 is fairest as it is a league rather than a cup but I won't complain if we go up that way.

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.