Things are shaping up nicely for the perfect scenario

Bob The Badger

And it's this.

We stagger into the playoffs like a man crawling out of the Sahara on his hands and knees after  5-days without water.

Sheff Utd pip Leeds on goal difference after Leed concede 2 late goals to already relegated Ipswich in the last game of the season meaning we have to play them in the playoff semis.

Leeds finish 20 points clear of us after beating us twice and petition the league to change the rules regarding promotion citing the fact that (and I quote), "We are Leeds and we do not understand, nor accept, that the rules apply to us too. When did this outrage happen".

the league is unmoved and Leeds are mocked by every other team even worse than when they changed their stupid badge.

They throw everything at us at Pride Park but only end up with a 0-0 draw after Carson saves a last-minute penalty.

Everybody knows we're out of it going to Elland Road.

Out of it, like a fox!

The team that played at Stamford Bridge and Old Trafford turns up and put on a clinical show. We win 3-1 win after going behind in the second minute to a Wilson own goal when, after not realizing we had lost the coin toss and had changed ends, he rifles a 50-yarder scorcher past a bemused Carson.

The city of  Leeds self combusts that evening due to critically high levels of indignation, righteousness, and entitlement.

Villa gets put to the sword at Wembley resulting in Grelish getting sent off for crying so hard he was affecting the condition of the pitch and the Rams cruising to a 4-0 win, leading to a Frank lead bounce so impressive that all other teams sign a pact to never try and match it again.

I'm fairly confident that's what is going to happen.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply
44 minutes ago, Bob The Badger said:

And it's this.

We stagger into the playoffs like a man crawling out of the Sahara on his hands and knees after  5-days without water.

Sheff Utd pip Leeds on goal difference after Leed concede 2 late goals to already relegated Ipswich in the last game of the season meaning we have to play them in the playoff semis.

Leeds finish 20 points clear of us after beating us twice and petition the league to change the rules regarding promotion citing the fact that (and I quote), "We are Leeds and we do not understand, nor accept, that the rules apply to us too. When did this outrage happen".

the league is unmoved and Leeds are mocked by every other team even worse than when they changed their stupid badge.

They throw everything at us at Pride Park but only end up with a 0-0 draw after Carson saves a last-minute penalty.

Out of it, like a fox!

The team that played at Stamford Bridge and Old Trafford turns up and put on a clinical show. We win 3-1 win after going behind in the second minute to a Wilson own goal when, after not realizing we had lost the coin toss and had changed ends, he rifles a 50-yarder scorcher past a bemused Carson.

The city of  Leeds self combusts that evening due to critically high levels of indignation, righteousness, and entitlement.

Villa gets put to the sword at Wembley resulting in Grelish getting sent off for crying so hard he was affecting the condition of the pitch and the Rams cruising to a 4-0 win, leading to a Frank lead bounce so impressive that all other teams sign a pact to never try and match it again.

spacer.png

We are going to be 5th and play the Baggies in the semi's and do them again by beating them home and away. Meanwhile in the other semi-final Forest with Martin's boring football get past Leeds on penalties after to drab draws. The final at Wembley is a police nightmare with all trains, motorway services and pubs between the East Midlands having to be heavily manned by police from all over the country. In the final Keane gets sent to the stands for kicking Wilson (Liverpool fans put a price on his head). At the 90th minute a paper cup blows on the pitch from the Forest end, the ball struck by out of contract Bryson diverts off the cup and sends their lanky goalie the wrong way. Keane runs on to the pitch to protest, the ref then decides the 3 mins stoppage time left are going to be a waste of time and blows up for full time.

AND I HAVE'NT HAD A DRINK YET

2 hours ago, Bob The Badger said:

And it's this.

Out of it, like a fox!

you need to put a couple of quid on that, infact have it in a treble with Elvis being found alive on Mars and Prince Harry being proved to be Charlies. 

3 hours ago, Bob The Badger said:

We win 3-1 win after going behind in the second minute to a Wilson own goal when, after not realizing we had lost the coin toss and had changed ends, he rifles a 50-yarder scorcher past a bemused Carson.

This bit really got me?

On ‎16‎/‎03‎/‎2019 at 18:07, Bob The Badger said:

And it's this.

Out of it, like a fox!

If that was a movie I would pay to see it LOL

On 16/03/2019 at 18:07, Bob The Badger said:

What a line

I love that line.....

Thank you very much

And it's this.

Out of it, like a fox!

More chance of a fan running on and punching grealish.... Oh hang on ?

And it's this.

Out of it, like a fox!

I cant wait lol

• 2 weeks later...
On 17/03/2019 at 05:07, Bob The Badger said:

And it's this.

Out of it, like a fox!

I was just saying to my (late) best mate’s sister, a passionate Leeds fan, this week that, if we can sneak into the playoffs, the combination of our momentum and the deflation of Sheffield United or Leeds (whichever misses out on auto; Leeds clearly for mine) would give us a real chance.

That was me putting a brave face on the prospects though, for the problem I foresaw is that it entailed us going on a consistent run we’ve been unable to produce all season.

Having just completed the table predictor, that concern is reinforced by our draw.

The way I see it, 19 points from our last nine matches is what it’ll take to make sixth on the proviso we can at least draw at Bristol City (if we draw, we could still easily finish seventh on GD) as follows:

Rotherham (H) - W

Brentford (A) - D

Blackburn (A) - W

Bolton (H) - W

Birmingham (A) - D

QPR (H) - W

Bristol City (A) - D

Swansea (A) - D

WBA (H) - W

We’ve really left ourselves no “wriggle room”.

And it's this.

Out of it, like a fox!

Mind blown.

16 hours ago, EssendonRam said:

I was just saying to my (late) best mate’s sister, a passionate Leeds fan, this week that, if we can sneak into the playoffs, the combination of our momentum and the deflation of Sheffield United or Leeds (whichever misses out on auto; Leeds clearly for mine) would give us a real chance.

That was me putting a brave face on the prospects though, for the problem I foresaw is that it entailed us going on a consistent run we’ve been unable to produce all season.

Having just completed the table predictor, that concern is reinforced by our draw.

The way I see it, 19 points from our last nine matches is what it’ll take to make sixth on the proviso we can at least draw at Bristol City (if we draw, we could still easily finish seventh on GD) as follows:

Rotherham (H) - W

Brentford (A) - D

Blackburn (A) - W

Bolton (H) - W

Birmingham (A) - D

QPR (H) - W

Bristol City (A) - D

Swansea (A) - D

WBA (H) - W

We’ve really left ourselves no “wriggle room”.

To be fair, I’m not sure I want us to only just squeeze into the playoffs again, on the back of some poor results. We would be put to the sword by Leeds or Sheff Utd. 

If we’re going to make it and finish top 6, let’s do it after 9 positive results and with the team buoyant! Then we can be confident

On 16/03/2019 at 20:29, garytheowl said:

you need to put a couple of quid on that, infact have it in a treble with Elvis being found alive on Mars and Prince Harry being proved to be Charlies. 

I was happy to go along with all this stuff, until I got to the last bit of your post.  That part is just silly.

Archived