Duane Holmes

mozza

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 08/08/2018 at 05:35, Millenniumram said:

Surely this can’t be true at all. For one, we simply don’t need more widemen, unless Lawrence or someone is off. Secondly, he doesn’t exactly set the pulses racing looking at his past, struggled to make it at Huddersfield, decent year last time out but hardly that spectacular and that was in league one!

Leave someone like him to Rotherham imo, much more their level, no offence.

Given my recent record on transfer threads, we’ll sign him before I wake up tomorrow after these comments. You’re all welcome.

Who’s this muppet, doesn’t have a duck what he’s on about

Love you duane?

Duane Holmes is the type of player we used to let other teams sign, before putting in a £5m bid. 

I used to debate whether his all-round game was better than Wilson, but I can confidently say that it doesn't even come close now. He's as good as Bryson in his peak, just without the goal threat, but I think that's more to do with the positions he picks the ball up in. I'd love to see him in McClaren's 13/14 side.

8 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

Love you duane?

tbf at least you held an opinion and wasn't afraid to voice it.  Too many flip flops on hear who are only happy with the protection of 20:20 hindsight

9 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

To be fair - You did say we'd sign him - And you did say you're welcome - And we've been very glad of that (I'm just ignoring the sarcasm which may have been evident there...)

50 minutes ago, Spanish said:

tbf at least you held an opinion and wasn't afraid to voice it.  Too many flip flops on hear who are only happy with the protection of 20:20 hindsight

I tend to reserve my opinions on signings until I've seen them play for Derby - Tend to assume the manager and his staff have seen the player in question more times than me and have an idea where they might fit - So I like to reserve judgement 

8 hours ago, Ambitious said:

I used to debate whether his all-round game was better than Wilson, but I can confidently say that it doesn't even come close now. He's as good as Bryson in his peak, just without the goal threat, but I think that's more to do with the positions he picks the ball up in. I'd love to see him in McClaren's 13/14 side.

He was great last night again - Huddlestone pulling the strings with Holmes and two of our wingers streaming forward from deep is an exciting style of football to watch

On 13/03/2019 at 23:46, Ambitious said:

Duane Holmes is the type of player we used to let other teams sign, before putting in a £5m bid. 

You’ve nailed it in that first sentence mate 

First part, agreed.

Second part, disagreed. I think he's far better on the ball than Bryson ever has been, admittedly admittedly far less of a goal threat than the 13/14 version. I think their styles of play are too different to make the comparison.

Spot on, @Ambitious

Players like Duane Holmes are exactly the sorts of signings I want us to focus on going forward. Brentford have been doing a great job of it for years, and Norwich did a fantastic job of it last summer (albeit from the lower German divisions).

6 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

Spot on, @Ambitious

Players like Duane Holmes are exactly the sorts of signings I want us to focus on going forward. Brentford have been doing a great job of it for years, and Norwich did a fantastic job of it last summer (albeit from the lower German divisions).

Daft thing is, all Norwich have done is scout where they're most comfortable and what their staff know. I could barely name a player in their side when we first played them, but it was evident just how good they were as soon as they got the ball. 

I'm a huge advocate of just sending groups of scouts to various parts of europe and find players that would be suitable. The cost is absolutely negligible when you consider the potential savings.  

Archived