Mid Season Break

Poynton ram

42 minutes ago, coneheadjohn said:

They should be allowed to do what they want if they’re off work.

I’m sure FL knows what he’s doing.

Will probably only come under scrutiny if we don’t beat Rotherham.

Of course what they do is up to them. I'd be interested in knowing how long they've been given off though, as a lengthy break feels a bit strange to me at this stage of the season, particularly as we've got an extra week away from the intensity compared to our rivals. Though perhaps the additional week will allow us to train when the other teams take a short break (which I think most do during this international break).

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 hours ago, BurtonRam7 said:

Of course what they do is up to them. I'd be interested in knowing how long they've been given off though, as a lengthy break feels a bit strange to me at this stage of the season, particularly as we've got an extra week away from the intensity compared to our rivals. Though perhaps the additional week will allow us to train when the other teams take a short break (which I think most do during this international break).

Uni student complaining others are taking a break, I’ve seen it all now! ?

Well you can all feel really smug, weather here in UAE yesterday was cool, cloudy and windy with thunderstorms and tons of rain in evening.

Sorry to disappoint though 'cos now at 8.15am it's sunny with clear blue sky and hotting up nicely. ? ⛱️ ?

COYR

2 hours ago, S75 Ram said:

Well you can all feel really smug, weather here in UAE yesterday was cool, cloudy and windy with thunderstorms and tons of rain in evening.

Sorry to disappoint though 'cos now at 8.15am it's sunny with clear blue sky and hotting up nicely. ? ⛱️ ?

COYR

Good for you.

I have been there for a couple of weeks and thoroughly enjoyed it.

Expensive yes, tacky???? maybe in parts, but to be honest the oil is not going to last for ever, so they are making the best of what they have.

I wonder of all those on here who say "I don't know why people would go out there" have actually been there?

On 16/03/2019 at 15:56, Mucker1884 said:

...And swimming in the sea!

"Keep an eye on my carrier bag, luv, whilst I go for a dip"!

It is still one of the greatest photos I've ever seen from DCFC. Modern players tend to rock into pre-season with their Prada wash bags, chains hanging low, shades and huge headphones. 

Bucko trots in with an asda carrier bag over his shoulder while still in his painting trousers from the second bedroom he's yet to finish but had all summer! 

What a bloke 

3 hours ago, BathRam72 said:

Good for you.

I have been there for a couple of weeks and thoroughly enjoyed it.

Expensive yes, tacky???? maybe in parts, but to be honest the oil is not going to last for ever, so they are making the best of what they have.

I wonder of all those on here who say "I don't know why people would go out there" have actually been there?

It's a great place to live and work. I spent 6 years in Abu Dhabi, followed by 10 years in Dubai. The long-term expats know where the "tacky" places are and where the expensive places are and enjoy going to both. Its the holiday makers who come for a fortnight's 'fun & sun' who spoil it and get into trouble, such as being drunk in the streets and going into the shopping malls in their swimming costumes, then complain when they are arrested for indecency. It's a foreign country, not the UK and they have different rules. By the way, at the present rate of exploration & estimates oil in the UAE has at least another 200 years supply.

This isnt like Liverpool or last season etc as we havent gone on a warm weather training trip, the players are simply having a break. Maybe the rest after so many games recently will do them good. 

Was good to see a group go off together with their families though, shows the togetherness in the squad imo.

Pretty sure I read they were having a few days off then reporting back for a couple of days, the weekend off then the full week build up for Rotherham as normal. Seems a sensible plan to me.

Pretty sure most international breaks players go away as i'm sure other teams players will have now, only benefit for us is that due to our extra break we can come in after the hol and keep things ticking over and then have the international weekend off as well.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived