Sign in to follow this  
SEAO

Most Famous

Our most famous player is Peter Shillton. Most capped ever player for the greatest footballing nation in the world....(although i am sure a lot of football fans don’t even know he played for us!) 

3 hours ago, Mucker1884 said:

One thing's for certain... not one single player, past or present,  is as famous as the club itself!

COYRs

Lampard and Cole are probably bigger than us 

3 hours ago, Mucker1884 said:

One thing's for certain... not one single player, past or present,  is as famous as the club itself!

COYRs

Chris Martin is

20 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

As an interesting aside .  Who was the most famous player we signed is one thing,  but which player came here who no one had heard of and became famous with us  ?   I'll start with Wanchope .

...closely followed by Igor.

14 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

i'll raise you an Asanovic.  must be the best 600.000 we've spent for that 96/97 season.  Saunders would be another , think he'd had 5 or 6 clubs before he came here.

Yep, i'll give you that, Baiano?

1 hour ago, mozza said:

Yep, i'll give you that, Baiano?

Decent player for a year - a recommendation of Eranio after the Baggio deal went pearshaped.  Would have been good to see the European player of the year in a Derby shirt -  Baggio would possibly have been the most famous had we got him.

On 16/03/2019 at 15:01, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Decent player for a year - a recommendation of Eranio after the Baggio deal went pearshaped.  Would have been good to see the European player of the year in a Derby shirt -  Baggio would possibly have been the most famous had we got him.

At the same time as Jim Smith was trying for Baggio, he was also trying for David Ginola and Emmanuel Petit. They were both seen at Pride Park, and it was only wages that stopped them signing.

What a team that would have been! And full of famous peeps as well! What more could you want?