Most Famous

SEAO

Not sure if this  has been done before but while on the break for a couple of weeks I thought it might be interesting for people to offer their opinion on who they think are the  most famous players to have played for the Rams. This does  not necessarily have to be  the  best players but those they think whose name would be recognised instantly by football followers worldwide. To some extent this might mean more recent players since the advent of television and the internet etc. but you never know.!

I'll start it off with my choices ( I've got seven) but let's see who else crops up. Perhaps a team could be made.

Peter Shilton-    Ashley Cole-     Fabrizio Ravanelli-      Georgie Kinkladze-     Charlie George-     Archie Gemmill-     Taribo West

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Smyth_18 said:

We've had a fair few;

Frank Lampard
Brian Clough
Steve Mac
Nigel Clough

Controversially i would say in that order.

I'd say this order...

Frank Lampard/Brian Clough

1 million miles

A few million more miles

Steve Mac

Nigel Clough

14 minutes ago, Smyth_18 said:

We've had a fair few;

Frank Lampard
Brian Clough
Steve Mac
Nigel Clough

Controversially i would say in that order.

Spot on imo. I was in Japan last year – chatting footy to the locals in broken English of course. No one had heard of Derby County, but everyone knew who Frank Lampard was. 

14 minutes ago, Smyth_18 said:

The question was of fame. Most people who aren't Derby fans (especially nowadays) won't even know Mackay was a manager.

But he was absolutely colossal as a player, perhaps his fame has wained but at the time he was bigger than Jesus!

Either way, I’m thinking about this too much ?

Archived