Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Bob The Badger

Frank needs to have a word with Wilson

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, AdamRam said:

5 shots against stoke, of which I believe 3 (maybe 2) were free kicks. Game before, he had 1 shot in the game.

Taking out his free kicks, I believe  he has an average 2-3 shots per game, I’m sure there are occasions throughout the season that he could have had made better decisions, however for example against Stoke I can’t think of one where I thought there was a opportunity to play in someone else in a better position. 

So as a manager, seems as you seem to lay the blame as his door, what would you say to Wilson, only shoot once per game Harry, doing it two or three times is a bit excessive mate ?

My own personal view is that he would tell him if he has a shooting opportunity to take it, if of course there is an opportunity to play someone in that has a better chance you do that, however is 2 or 3 shots per game really that excessive given his return to date this season ?

2.7 per game including freekicks. So chances are he averages less than 2 shots per game from open play. I don’t think that’s too excessive 

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, AdamRam said:

5 shots against stoke, of which I believe 3 (maybe 2) were free kicks. Game before, he had 1 shot in the game.

Taking out his free kicks, I believe  he has an average 2-3 shots per game, I’m sure there are occasions throughout the season that he could have had made better decisions, however for example against Stoke I can’t think of one where I thought there was a opportunity to play in someone else in a better position. 

So as a manager, seems as you seem to lay the blame as his door, what would you say to Wilson, only shoot once per game Harry, doing it two or three times is a bit excessive mate ?

My own personal view is that he would tell him if he has a shooting opportunity to take it, if of course there is an opportunity to play someone in that has a better chance you do that, however is 2 or 3 shots per game really that excessive given his return to date this season ?

Well I was also including him going solo in general. There were plenty of examples in the Stoke game you mentioned but you've made this purely about shots which kind of missed the point of the post. Look at the Norwich game to see. He got away with greed once trying to run through their team. Second time he tried it they scored. Losing the ball and being greedy are areas he could massively improve on. And yes! I am suggesting Lampard tells him to shoot once per game. That's exactly what I'm saying. I should have just said that from the start. 1 shot per game. Yep. 🙄

I'm gonna back out this anyway because I find you a bit annoying. You jump to the defence of every player like they're under attack but they aren't. This is a thread that was about Wilson's drop in performance. So people may discuss the weakness in his game. We have also gone about 2 months getting dominated in midfield so that might also relate considering that's where he's played plenty of games. 

It is possible that we all like Wilson? That the positives outweigh the negatives. But in this thread it's about his slip in form and you, as always, have come to defend him from this scathing attack. To protect him from being blamed for the 9/11 terror attacks. To protect him from all the negative moaners on this forum that don't support the team at 10pm on Thursday the way you want. Like you always do. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, King Kevin said:

We are lucky to have him ,short memories some people .You will all be whinging when he's not here anymore.

I don't know if this is aimed at me but yes I will be whinging when he's not here.

I like him

Discussing weakness in his game and suggesting how he could improve isn't quite the same as wanting to have him hung in the town square. 

Share this post


Link to post
15 hours ago, Bob The Badger said:

I thought it was Lawrence's best game all season, he looked really dangerous.

Speaking of dangerous, did you see that shot by Wilson that hit Princess Di's chauffeur straight in the face as he entered the tunnel? 

Best game all season!!!!!!!!!!  Oh dear

Share this post


Link to post
17 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Well I was also including him going solo in general. There were plenty of examples in the Stoke game you mentioned but you've made this purely about shots which kind of missed the point of the post. Look at the Norwich game to see. He got away with greed once trying to run through their team. Second time he tried it they scored. Losing the ball and being greedy are areas he could massively improve on. And yes! I am suggesting Lampard tells him to shoot once per game. That's exactly what I'm saying. I should have just said that from the start. 1 shot per game. Yep. 🙄

I'm gonna back out this anyway because I find you a bit annoying. You jump to the defence of every player like they're under attack but they aren't. This is a thread that was about Wilson's drop in performance. So people may discuss the weakness in his game. We have also gone about 2 months getting dominated in midfield so that might also relate considering that's where he's played plenty of games. 

It is possible that we all like Wilson? That the positives outweigh the negatives. But in this thread it's about his slip in form and you, as always, have come to defend him from this scathing attack. To protect him from being blamed for the 9/11 terror attacks. To protect him from all the negative moaners on this forum that don't support the team at 10pm on Thursday the way you want. Like you always do. 

 

I don’t mind if you find my posts annoying, my wife often says the same.

I replied to your post on the basis you said 

“But him, like other players, do what he thinks serves the team best. He will ignore a pass that opens a chance for someone else because he 100% believes this 40 yard effort is going in. “

Now that to me indicated that you were referring to his shooting, apologies if I misinterpreted this wrong but I didn’t see this in relation to his decision making, you also attributed this down to FL for being a rookie manager, once again I failed to see the connection between HW decision making and why this should be down to FL. Had you indicated at any time during your post his form had dipped recently and maybe this was down to a formation change or tactics by the manager, or anything else then I wouldn’t have even bothered replying because I never see myself as being qualified enough to reserve a judgement on such matters. 

However maybe as I said it was me misinterpreting the post, but all I did was reply to what you posted with some facts about his shooting and wondering why you thought FL was to blame.

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Paese said:

Completely agree. I think he's a great player. His record of goals from outside the box this season is statistically second to none, and so he can keep on shooting as far as I'm concerned. I don't remember ever thinking he should have passed rather than shot on Wednesday. In fact, I only remember times when his final ball was poor and I thought he might as well have had a pop on goal.

 

1 hour ago, Ghost of Clough said:

2.7 per game including freekicks. So chances are he averages less than 2 shots per game from open play. I don’t think that’s too excessive 

I must have made my point badly because we are now getting shooting stats. 

I'm talking about the times he picks the ball up and has one thing in his mind. To drive forward with no thought of his team mates. He's looking to carve out a shooting opportunity or beat players when there's passing options. There was several occasion vs Stoke. I didn't mention the Stoke game I don't think but I can't see how that game is being used to defend him because it was not a good showcase of what he's good at. 

The other thing is people seem to think this is some sort of attack on him. I rate Wilson. I like Wilson. I wish we could buy Wilson. But he is not a perfect player. What could he do to improve? Well he could stop being greedy. He could stop trying to run the ball when there's better options. He could stop trying to carve open opportunities for himself and maybe pass the ball stretching the opposition. 

Theres a thread about Jack Marriott. Do you think Marriott is getting good service? Marriott is not getting chances is he? He's either got his back to goal or he's chasing the ball. 

Why isn't Marriott getting the service. Why do we struggle to create? Why have we scored less goals than under Rowett?

We've scored 46. Reading have scored 40. Millwall 41. Blackburn 50, Brentford 60, Hull 52. 

So, is it entirely unfair to say we aren't doing perfectly fine in an attacking sense. 

Obviously, I would have thought, I'm not blaming Wilson. This is a thread about Wilson though. I didn't create it. Everyone could do more. But that includes Wilson. Scoring 10 goals is fantastic. No mocking that. But 2.7 shots per game. That's 10 goals from what? 70 shots? I'm still not moaning about even that. I'm saying he's greedy. I'm saying he tries to do too much

I don't want him dead. I don't want him back at Liverpool. I don't burn posters of him. 

He could improve his game by not trying to go solo so much. If this thread was about Lawrence I'd say the same.

If it was about Waghorn I'd say he looks a bit short on quality right now. If it was about Jozefzoon I'd say he's got nice trickery but doesn't really apply himself to anything. He doesn't want the ball. He doesn't have any partnerships, he doesn't make good movements.

I keep reading how Wilson is sent out on loan because he's learning. Right. Does he learn by being told everything he's doing is spot on. Is he ready for Liverpool now? No! 

Jordon Ibe is the perfect example. Everytime anyone moaned about him it was the same. Then he started to use his ability to bring others into play. He started to look unpredictable and very scary to play. Then he was recalled. But that's what anyone moaning about him said! That he is a greedy show off. He was! He didn't prove his "haters" wrong. He proved them right. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, AdamRam said:

I don’t mind if you find my posts annoying, my wife often says the same.

I replied to your post on the basis you said 

“But him, like other players, do what he thinks serves the team best. He will ignore a pass that opens a chance for someone else because he 100% believes this 40 yard effort is going in. “

Now that to me indicated that you were referring to his shooting, apologies if I misinterpreted this wrong but I didn’t see this in relation to his decision making, you also attributed this down to FL for being a rookie manager, once again I failed to see the connection between HW decision making and why this should be down to FL. Had you indicated at any time during your post his form had dipped recently and maybe this was down to a formation change or tactics by the manager, or anything else then I wouldn’t have even bothered replying because I never see myself as being qualified enough to reserve a judgement on such matters. 

However maybe as I said it was me misinterpreting the post, but all I did was reply to what you posted with some facts about his shooting and wondering why you thought FL was to blame.

I probably did make my point badly. I think I've made it better in my last post.

I "blame" Lampard just because as an attacking unit we are more a collection of individuals. We haven't been good going forward for a long time. Lots of freedom in the final third which sounds great but it means poor Marriott is left spectating or competing for headers vs 6ft defenders as the only attacker in the box. 

There's no real smarts about the way we open teams up. Are there enough options for Wilson? If not then why not? 

It's down to Lampard to form the attacking unit.

I'm suggesting he's not doing a good job. But I'm not suggesting anything like sacking him. I accept he's had injuries. He's a rookie manager in a tight division. I don't expect anything really. I'm actually quite a patient fan believe it or not. 

I won't mind if we don't go up and I won't panic if we do. I just kind of judge what I see? I think the way we attack is a bit of a free for all with no structure. That's it really. Just an observation. Just an opinion. I really want to see it improve but we are 6th in the league so I'm not crying about it. 

If we had more discipline and better game management then I think we'd be closer to Leeds than Bristol. It's a shame we haven't really got better as the season has gone on but it's been a decent season for Derby and a good season for Lampard. If he can reflect and develop his skills then imagine what we could do in this division next season if we are still here. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Apologies to @AdamRam for an earlier reply. 

Bit of a dhead comment in there. Sorry

No need to apologise, I don’t take anything to heart and I’m sure that there is plenty on here that would agree with you 👍

Share this post


Link to post
8 minutes ago, Alpha said:

I probably did make my point badly. I think I've made it better in my last post.

I "blame" Lampard just because as an attacking unit we are more a collection of individuals. We haven't been good going forward for a long time. Lots of freedom in the final third which sounds great but it means poor Marriott is left spectating or competing for headers vs 6ft defenders as the only attacker in the box. 

There's no real smarts about the way we open teams up. Are there enough options for Wilson? If not then why not? 

It's down to Lampard to form the attacking unit.

I'm suggesting he's not doing a good job. But I'm not suggesting anything like sacking him. I accept he's had injuries. He's a rookie manager in a tight division. I don't expect anything really. I'm actually quite a patient fan believe it or not. 

I won't mind if we don't go up and I won't panic if we do. I just kind of judge what I see? I think the way we attack is a bit of a free for all with no structure. That's it really. Just an observation. Just an opinion. I really want to see it improve but we are 6th in the league so I'm not crying about it. 

If we had more discipline and better game management then I think we'd be closer to Leeds than Bristol. It's a shame we haven't really got better as the season has gone on but it's been a decent season for Derby and a good season for Lampard. If he can reflect and develop his skills then imagine what we could do in this division next season if we are still here. 

 

Can’t argue with much in there, I’d certainly agree that we don’t seem to be creating as much as we were.

I like the direction we are heading in, I have no doubt mistakes have and will continue to be made, I just hope we have some stability within the club and give FL a couple of windows to bring in players that suit his style, although I don’t agree, I do get that some will feel he has had the tools to be challenging higher than we are, I thought that with GR so can understand why people think that.

I do also agree, believe it or not that this is a forum and therefore posters will be critical of players and rightly so, and I will also admit I do come across as defensive, so apologies if it came across that way, unfortunately my posts sound different in my head to what I write 😂

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Alpha said:

I probably did make my point badly. I think I've made it better in my last post.

I "blame" Lampard just because as an attacking unit we are more a collection of individuals. We haven't been good going forward for a long time. Lots of freedom in the final third which sounds great but it means poor Marriott is left spectating or competing for headers vs 6ft defenders as the only attacker in the box. 

There's no real smarts about the way we open teams up. Are there enough options for Wilson? If not then why not? 

It's down to Lampard to form the attacking unit.

I'm suggesting he's not doing a good job. But I'm not suggesting anything like sacking him. I accept he's had injuries. He's a rookie manager in a tight division. I don't expect anything really. I'm actually quite a patient fan believe it or not. 

I won't mind if we don't go up and I won't panic if we do. I just kind of judge what I see? I think the way we attack is a bit of a free for all with no structure. That's it really. Just an observation. Just an opinion. I really want to see it improve but we are 6th in the league so I'm not crying about it. 

If we had more discipline and better game management then I think we'd be closer to Leeds than Bristol. It's a shame we haven't really got better as the season has gone on but it's been a decent season for Derby and a good season for Lampard. If he can reflect and develop his skills then imagine what we could do in this division next season if we are still here. 

 

I think you made some valid points for what it’s worth, particularly how at times players are too individualistic. It’s the same with a few of our players like Wilson, Holmes and Lawrence, the main culprits. I think it’s a combination of selfishness as they’ve seen the headlines they’ve gotten when they’ve scored important goals(less so with Holmes) and being encouraged to be like that by the management. I’m not suggesting that Wilson doesn’t want Derby to do wel but Liverpool or other teams are more likely to want him if they see him scoring crackers every week, they may look over his all round him if he’s scoring great goals all the time. 

I can’t remember who said it but someone mentioned how Jody Morris liked to set up his Chelsea sides to get the best out of special individual players rather than the team collectively and to be fair it worked for him at Chelsea. For me, that sort of method could only work if the players were so much more than their opponents like Loftus cheek , Hudson Odoi and Abraham were in the chelsea youth leagues.

Edited by McLovin

Share this post


Link to post
On 15/03/2019 at 10:33, Alpha said:

I don't know if this is aimed at me but yes I will be whinging when he's not here.

I like him

Discussing weakness in his game and suggesting how he could improve isn't quite the same as wanting to have him hung in the town square. 

Not aimed at anyone in particular certainly not you.

Share this post


Link to post

Even during our purple patch I questioned his actual contribution to the team but was shouted down.

If FL is going to have a word with him about his performances, I hope he also addresses his diving because it has become embarrassing now.

Share this post


Link to post
On 15/03/2019 at 11:49, Curtains said:

Like Wilson maybe he needs to have a word with this man on passing and heading David 

Bargains of the season in both cases  

 

 

8812D89B-D902-4718-98BF-06A2C4BB3567.jpeg

spacer.png

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.