Rule Changes (2019/20)

Ghost of Clough

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, Sparkle said:

So why do they make them put a penalty on the penalty spot and not breaking the plane of the line?

It’s not a spot

Nice vague handball rule there. If you have your arms by your side but with a gap just small enough for a football to fit through then that's the biggest target you can make. That would be a bigger target than holding your hands above your head. 

What does 'making your body bigger' mean?

32 minutes ago, StringerBell said:

Nice vague handball rule there. If you have your arms by your side but with a gap just small enough for a football to fit through then that's the biggest target you can make. That would be a bigger target than holding your hands above your head. 

What does 'making your body bigger' mean?

8F4494D2-33DD-4AF0-8DFF-D91E53DD4EEF.jpeg

Back on penalties

we've been awarded 1 this season.

so therefore we must have been fouled in the box just once in 37 games, and never at home! ? ?

I noticed that handball no longer counted when we played sheffield united at home.

On 15/03/2019 at 17:26, Mucker1884 said:

A very quick google seems to hint at you being 100% correct, sir!

Having played football every single day (although not always to the rules!) between 1972 and 1980, and then weekly for a few years after that (always to the rules!) I'm a little embarrassed to admit that either:

A/ I did not not know that, or

B/  I did know it, but had forgotten!

I hope I’m correct, I’m a referee! 

Done many a toss in my time...

Thank goodness that the IFAB exist, I mean football has really struggled as a spectator sport for the last 140 years and I'm not sure it would survive without the brilliantly though out rule changes.

I'm not against rule changes, if they are significantly enhancing the game but they very rarely do.

In the last 30 years the only changed they've made that has actually improved the game was changing the back pass rule.

I mean who really wants to see players get a yellow card for celebrating with the fans or taking their shirts off? Who genuinely care?!

In my opinion there are 3 things in the game that need addressing right now and I think they are easily sorted. 

1 - Diving - 3 match ban

2 - Wrestling at corners - penalty whether the ball is in play or not

3 - Time wasting - yellow card first time, not 20th time after showing the player your watch and waving your hands at them 

Archived