Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Bwash_Ram

Derby County v Rotherham United

Recommended Posts

9 minutes ago, Ruda Harliss said:

But it kind of was about Mount for all the reasons you just gave. Wilson And holmes weren’t as effective together without him.

Yeah, I know 😂 I was just being a bit alternative. Some of his passing was exceptional. Not the one touch stuff which is to some extent pure skill and touch, but the vision to do the longer one to a free man on the flanks spoke volumes .. a lad with a real football brain. Deeply satisfying to watch 

 

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, AlfonzoBurlonzo said:

What a performance! It was my 18th this weekend and we went to hospitality and the two times we've been to hospitality we've won 5-0 against Fulham and 6-1 against Rotherham!

Just wanted to give a mention to Lawrence today. He may have made some questionable decisions in the attacking third, but his effort was 100% today. He ran his socks off and that's all we really ask of him. I was especially impressed with his tracking back to defend.

Happy Birthday.

Share this post


Link to post

Brilliant performance, Wagborn, Mount, Johnson and Tomori the stand outs for me. Maybe important not to get too carried away, Rotherham were nothing short of diabolical and frankly embarrassing, can’t remember the last team I saw play that badly at PP. But can’t complain, good position now to push on for the last few games. Today would have helped with goal difference which may be important, and up until today we had been behind compared to those around us. 

COYR

Share this post


Link to post
27 minutes ago, jono said:

Yeah, I know 😂 I was just being a bit alternative. Some of his passing was exceptional. Not the one touch stuff which is to some extent pure skill and touch, but the vision to do the longer one to a free man on the flanks spoke volumes .. a lad with a real football brain. Deeply satisfying to watch 

 

spacer.png

Share this post


Link to post

A word for Bradley. Great header for his goal but a better all round performance than that single moment. Maybe Rotherham were poor but he isn’t a string pulling natural DM, yet he made crucial tackles, was box to box all game and mixed simple sensible passes with a few of his looped and lobbed left field game changers. Won loads in the air and was a major influence in simply snuffing out whatever game Rotherham thought they might play but in the end couldn’t cos BJ did the biz . Well played

Share this post


Link to post

Right bit more of a proper write up from me. First off, THAT was what we’ve been waiting for. Biggest win I’ve ever seen as a derby fan live I think?! Even the blokes behind me couldn’t moan today and that really was something! Proper statement to the rest of the division that and exactly the message we needed to send out at the business end of the season. We’ve struggled all season against teams we should be beating but today was not like those days, an absolute dominating performance exactly as a promotion team should be showing against a team like Rotherham. And they weren’t that bad either, a poorer team would have conceded more today imo. I said before the game I wanted to see us create chances and score goals cause we haven’t scored enough and boy did we do that!

Anyway, player ratings for me:

Roos 7- Little to do, one good save

Bogle 7- Good assist and generally solid, couple of poor passes made it not as good a game as recently

Keogh 7- Similar to Bogle really, couple of mistake maybe being distracted by his injured hand?

Tomori 9- Sublime. You’ll never beat Tomori a very apt chant, made up for his own and others mistakes with some phenomenal defending and his all round game was near faultless. What a player 

Malone 8- Fabulous cross for Johnson’s goal worthy of the 8 alone. Good going forward as per, unchallenged at the back

Johnson 9- Indestructible, came out of almost every battle with the ball which you couldn’t say about may of our players this season. Distributed well, moved around everywhere to shield the backline and provide an outlet. Near MOM...but not quite...

Mount 10 MOM- Unreal. Ran the show, and led to our best midfield performance in a long time. Best game in a derby shirt. Moved everything so quickly, movement was brilliant and created so many chances. Near faultless on the ball. 

Holmes 9- Very much like mount bar a couple of misplaced passes. Pair of them, were brilliant, always on the ball, always moving, always an option, battled for everything and created chance after chance. A midfield almost hey @Alpha ?

Wilson 8- Better today, still needs to man up a bit but linked well with mount

Waghorn 9- For the hattrick but actually think he’s had better games. Don’t care if he keeps scoring tho

Lawrence 7- Worked hard but touch was way off. Good job everyone else’s was in so it didn’t matter. Not his fault tho, still looked injured to me

Subs had little time to impact really.

To sum up that felt exactly like when villa hammered us on Grealishs return. Everything that had been missing returned and all clicked with mount back. He’s our maestro just like Grealish is there’s and let’s hope he galvinises us for the rest of the campaign!

Share this post


Link to post
8 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Right bit more of a proper write up from me. First off, THAT was what we’ve been waiting for. Biggest win I’ve ever seen as a derby fan live I think?! Even the blokes behind me couldn’t moan today and that really was something! Proper statement to the rest of the division that and exactly the message we needed to send out at the business end of the season. We’ve struggled all season against teams we should be beating but today was not like those days, an absolute dominating performance exactly as a promotion team should be showing against a team like Rotherham. And they weren’t that bad either, a poorer team would have conceded more today imo. I said before the game I wanted to see us create chances and score goals cause we haven’t scored enough and boy did we do that!

Anyway, player ratings for me:

Roos 7- Little to do, one good save

Bogle 7- Good assist and generally solid, couple of poor passes made it not as good a game as recently

Keogh 7- Similar to Bogle really, couple of mistake maybe being distracted by his injured hand?

Tomori 9- Sublime. You’ll never beat Tomori a very apt chant, made up for his own and others mistakes with some phenomenal defending and his all round game was near faultless. What a player 

Malone 8- Fabulous cross for Johnson’s goal worthy of the 8 alone. Good going forward as per, unchallenged at the back

Johnson 9- Indestructible, came out of almost every battle with the ball which you couldn’t say about may of our players this season. Distributed well, moved around everywhere to shield the backline and provide an outlet. Near MOM...but not quite...

Mount 10 MOM- Unreal. Ran the show, and led to our best midfield performance in a long time. Best game in a derby shirt. Moved everything so quickly, movement was brilliant and created so many chances. Near faultless on the ball. 

Holmes 9- Very much like mount bar a couple of misplaced passes. Pair of them, were brilliant, always on the ball, always moving, always an option, battled for everything and created chance after chance. A midfield almost hey @Alpha ?

Wilson 8- Better today, still needs to man up a bit but linked well with mount

Waghorn 9- For the hattrick but actually think he’s had better games. Don’t care if he keeps scoring tho

Lawrence 7- Worked hard but touch was way off. Good job everyone else’s was in so it didn’t matter. Not his fault tho, still looked injured to me

Subs had little time to impact really.

To sum up that felt exactly like when villa hammered us on Grealishs return. Everything that had been missing returned and all clicked with mount back. He’s our maestro just like Grealish is there’s and let’s hope he galvinises us for the rest of the campaign!

Sort of agree, however Keogh was better than both Malone and Wilson so you have either underscored him (and I think you have) or overscored the other two. 

For me the best players (and no one had a bad game) were Mount, BJ and Tomori. Holmes also had a very good game.

The crowd were excellent, like the fact the East and North stands we’re challenged to sing, excellent atmosphere 

Share this post


Link to post
8 minutes ago, Woodley Ram said:

Sort of agree, however Keogh was better than both Malone and Wilson so you have either underscored him (and I think you have) or overscored the other two. 

For me the best players (and no one had a bad game) were Mount, BJ and Tomori. Holmes also had a very good game.

The crowd were excellent, like the fact the East and North stands we’re challenged to sing, excellent atmosphere 

Probably overrated Wilson, can swap him and Keogh 7/8. Don’t think Keogh was better than Malone tho, doesn’t matter tho as you say no one had a bad game hence every rating 7+! Genuinely could’ve been 10-1 to be honest with the chances we had.

Share this post


Link to post
28 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Right bit more of a proper write up from me. First off, THAT was what we’ve been waiting for. Biggest win I’ve ever seen as a derby fan live I think?! Even the blokes behind me couldn’t moan today and that really was something! Proper statement to the rest of the division that and exactly the message we needed to send out at the business end of the season. We’ve struggled all season against teams we should be beating but today was not like those days, an absolute dominating performance exactly as a promotion team should be showing against a team like Rotherham. And they weren’t that bad either, a poorer team would have conceded more today imo. I said before the game I wanted to see us create chances and score goals cause we haven’t scored enough and boy did we do that!

Anyway, player ratings for me:

Roos 7- Little to do, one good save

Bogle 7- Good assist and generally solid, couple of poor passes made it not as good a game as recently

Keogh 7- Similar to Bogle really, couple of mistake maybe being distracted by his injured hand?

Tomori 9- Sublime. You’ll never beat Tomori a very apt chant, made up for his own and others mistakes with some phenomenal defending and his all round game was near faultless. What a player 

Malone 8- Fabulous cross for Johnson’s goal worthy of the 8 alone. Good going forward as per, unchallenged at the back

Johnson 9- Indestructible, came out of almost every battle with the ball which you couldn’t say about may of our players this season. Distributed well, moved around everywhere to shield the backline and provide an outlet. Near MOM...but not quite...

Mount 10 MOM- Unreal. Ran the show, and led to our best midfield performance in a long time. Best game in a derby shirt. Moved everything so quickly, movement was brilliant and created so many chances. Near faultless on the ball. 

Holmes 9- Very much like mount bar a couple of misplaced passes. Pair of them, were brilliant, always on the ball, always moving, always an option, battled for everything and created chance after chance. A midfield almost hey @Alpha ?

Wilson 8- Better today, still needs to man up a bit but linked well with mount

Waghorn 9- For the hattrick but actually think he’s had better games. Don’t care if he keeps scoring tho

Lawrence 7- Worked hard but touch was way off. Good job everyone else’s was in so it didn’t matter. Not his fault tho, still looked injured to me

Subs had little time to impact really.

To sum up that felt exactly like when villa hammered us on Grealishs return. Everything that had been missing returned and all clicked with mount back. He’s our maestro just like Grealish is there’s and let’s hope he galvinises us for the rest of the campaign!

Only a 7 for Bogle?! I thought he was bloody fantastic today and wasn't far behind Mount and Waghorn in the MOTM contention 

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, Cam the Ram said:

Only a 7 for Bogle?! I thought he was bloody fantastic today and wasn't far behind Mount and Waghorn in the MOTM contention 

Maybe harsh, was entirely wrong side to see his work first half with the sun glaring down. May have mistaken a few of his misplaced passes for those of someone else. Just seemed to have a better game against Wednesday and stoke to me, still good mind.

Share this post


Link to post

Excellent display. Great purpose going forward. Thought the crossing was fantastic today. Rarely do we manage a couple of good quality crosses in a match but today we had several which led to goals.

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, Davide said:

Excellent display. Great purpose going forward. Thought the crossing was fantastic today. Rarely do we manage a couple of good quality crosses in a match but today we had several which led to goals.

THIS! Almost like we actually practiced crossing for once, we looked a threat from them rather than them all wazzing out for a goal kick!

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, jono said:

A bit disappointed .. I predicted 3 goals. And we went and scored twice that I mean come on lads gimme a break in Mozzas league 🤪

Hit someone for 6 for the first time at Pride Park. Ace job. Every player up for it. They had a go for 10 minutes and then we batted them away like pesky flies. 

The big difference wasn’t Mount .. it was having Mount and Wilson and Holmes together. All players with panache and skill who are on the same wavelength. It’s easy to nullify one creative player in a team but when you have 3 lads who want the ball, on the front foot and always are looking for give and goes then it’s hard whoever you are. Move the ball with pace, first time and you will cut holes in opponents. Bogle and Malone added to this. Lawrence is a wild card but always alert. Waghorn all muscle and intent. Bradley, not far off MOTM tidying things up, gutsy commitment and keeping things simple. Keogh and Tomori .. spot on. Tomori at 21 is some talent. Pace, long legs, control and sheer cheek at times .. Keogh dropped him a short one and he did a Cryuff on the incoming attacker and walzed away like a ballet dancer. Fantastic ! 

No ifs buts or if only .. cracking day out, and we’ll done Derby’s number 9 .. you’ve earned that ball 

Well done Jono, saved me an equal length post, this was exactly how I felt about today.

The only other thing I’d add is ever so slightly, it might play on other teams minds we’ve got our goal scoring mojo back, the slightest psychological advantage is welcome this stage of the season.

Now let’s grab a win at Brentford, this team is well capable of it.

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.