Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
BurtonRam7

Jayden Bogle’s Progression

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, BurtonRam7 said:

The adjusted system is interesting. It gives us a bit more solidity and, with the brilliance of Holmes playing in the hole, we haven't lost too much in attack. Mount won't be a guaranteed starter when he gets back, and I'd certainly be reluctant to see Holmes shunted out onto the wing. However, the guy is so good he could do an excellent job there if we really wanted Mount back in.

I think Frank will put Mount straight back into the team when he’s fit. As improved as we’ve been, were not creating many clear cut chances for the strikers. It’s a lot of shots from the edge of the box. Waghorns chance against Wednesday the best creates and he made a pigs ear of it. Whatever happens Holmes has to stay in the team though. 

We need to get people in the box quicker as well, it’s hard for Bogle or malone to put a good ball in if there’s just the 1 striker in the box.

Edited by jimbo jones

Share this post


Link to post

I think Bogle suffered when we tried to address our defensive frailties. When he burst onto the scene his attacking prowess, whilst sometimes too cavalier, was a joy to behold. Not sure if this happened but it certainly felt like somebody somewhere along the line coached that out of him or definitely held him back. He would frustratingly turn back or come inside which contributed to our laboured approach to attacking. It's great to see him being more offensive again. I think the point made about Ashley Cole helping him is probably bang on the money. We've definitely got an exciting prospect on our hands and I'm looking forward to watching his progression. 

Share this post


Link to post

Don't forget when he arrived 2 years ago, he was signed as a right winger. He hadn't been playing RB for long at academy level, never mind professionally. He deserves so much praise for his attitude, his confidence and stopping Wisdom, a player with many Championship games, out of the side for the majority of the season. 18 years old too. Deserves young player of the season.  

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, Steve How Hard? said:

I think Bogle suffered when we tried to address our defensive frailties. When he burst onto the scene his attacking prowess, whilst sometimes too cavalier, was a joy to behold. Not sure if this happened but it certainly felt like somebody somewhere along the line coached that out of him or definitely held him back. He would frustratingly turn back or come inside which contributed to our laboured approach to attacking. It's great to see him being more offensive again. I think the point made about Ashley Cole helping him is probably bang on the money. We've definitely got an exciting prospect on our hands and I'm looking forward to watching his progression. 

We should be ever grateful to Frank for giving Bogle his chance im sure we probably would never seen him under our last few managers.Last night he was great and can only keep improving.

Share this post


Link to post

Been very impressed with young Jayden this season.  Has been very enthusiastic and keyed-in for the most part whenever he has played and it is obvious the young talent that we have on hand here.  Has he made some mistakes? Well sure, but the confidence is there, along with the attitude I believe, and he will only continue to get better.  Very eager to see how he progresses from here on out.

On another note,  now if only can find a 3rd cousin or similar who is American...🤔

Share this post


Link to post
20 minutes ago, TommyPowel said:

We should be ever grateful to Frank for giving Bogle his chance im sure we probably would never seen him under our last few managers.Last night he was great and can only keep improving.

Spot on, FL also deserves credit for persisting with him. Would have been easy to abandon him when he went through a sticky spell but he's managed that very well too. 

Share this post


Link to post

As a young player he was always going to have a dip in form. Last two matches have arguably been his best yet. The big change is he’s positive and aggressive in everything he does, the way he tackles, presses, passes runs with the ball. For the past few months he’s been passive and uncertain, often playing it safe. 

Hes a major talent, no doubt about it

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, Steve How Hard? said:

Spot on, FL also deserves credit for persisting with him. Would have been easy to abandon him when he went through a sticky spell but he's managed that very well too. 

i think fans sometime forget the massive experience of the game that Franks had not only his own career but surrounded by a family stepped in football and in my humble opinion some of us  talk as though he is a normal rookie manager of us have the

Share this post


Link to post

When he first came in I saw why he’d been promoted, as a young lad he seemed calm and composed and mature beyond his years. He was reliable enough to be promoted and suited the system. He had potential, but to me, I couldn’t seem him much beyond upper champ/lower prem as some of his quality wasn’t enough, certainly didn’t give me the feeling of a Hughes or an 8m prem bid. 

Now though, I get it. That performance against Wednesday was one of the best footballing full back performances ivermectin seen from a derby player. A lot of work still to be done with him in terms of his final third quality, and some of his defensive nativities/weakness, but for an 18 year old, his play in the middle third particulary in unreal when he’s on form, dani Alves would be proud of some of his play there. He’ll go right to the top with some coaching on his decision making imo, and playing in a better team than ours at the minute. Work to be done, consistency to be found, but Christ he’s got something about him.

Share this post


Link to post
On 14/03/2019 at 10:31, TigerTedd said:

I find it interesting that he’s the one that’s made the break through to regular first teamer. So much good stuff being talked about various players in the under 23s, yet boggle is the one that made it. Hadn’t really heard to much about him before. Was he as exciting as a Tyrese Wilson, or a Mitchell-Lawson?

then when he’s getting panned by the critics on here I’m wondering ‘how did he end up being the one to get the nod’.

im very pleased he’s doing well now, and I suppose we have to expect that all these younguns looking to make the move up will have an adjustment period. It would take a prodigy to really hit the ground running. 

But it does make me a big fearful that the under 23s are being built up to be the next generation of wonder kids, but actually, only a few will make the step up, and when they do, they’ll probably be a little underwhelming / anonymous when they first get in. 

All perfectly valid points - just to say that if 'only a few' from each generation step up then that's surely a good return on investment? From the lower age groups (including Jayden himself) I can quite easily see around 4 or 5 being in or around the first team squad next season and perhaps it will be the impetus they bring more than flashy new signings that finally drives us to promotion. 

Share this post


Link to post

Burnley very interested in him according to Nixon today .That's if they can't get James from Chelsea .I though James was the stand out when we played Wigan a week or so ago.Played midfield that night.

Frank when straight over to him after the game would love to see him here next season ,wishful thinking I reckon.

Share this post


Link to post
44 minutes ago, 86 points said:

All perfectly valid points - just to say that if 'only a few' from each generation step up then that's surely a good return on investment? From the lower age groups (including Jayden himself) I can quite easily see around 4 or 5 being in or around the first team squad next season and perhaps it will be the impetus they bring more than flashy new signings that finally drives us to promotion. 

It’s people like Thomas and lesbian and such that I worry about. They’ve been talked about for the past couple of years as the shining stars, but there’s under 23s and under 18s now that seem to be over taking them, by passing the loan system, and just jumping straight into the first team. 

And that’s all good news, to be fair. It’s jusg a shame that for every one that makes it at the highest level, many more will fade away. It’s the nature of the beast I suppose. 

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, TigerTedd said:

It’s people like Thomas and lesbian and such that I worry about. They’ve been talked about for the past couple of years as the shining stars, but there’s under 23s and under 18s now that seem to be over taking them, by passing the loan system, and just jumping straight into the first team. 

And that’s all good news, to be fair. It’s jusg a shame that for every one that makes it at the highest level, many more will fade away. It’s the nature of the beast I suppose. 

I’m struggling to figure out who you meant 😂

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.