Bradley Johnson

RiddingsRam

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

Acceptable in a winger, not so much in a 6ft plus midfielder.

Yeah I know the difference, just saying we have more powderpuff players in our team. Trouble is most our team is like it, least physical derby side I think I’ve ever seen. Not such a problem against prem teams, against your Rotherham’s tho it ain’t great

Johnson has played well the last few games, but to me it stinks of a player playing for a new contract scenario, you see it all the time in football. We are meant to be building a younger side. Johnson will be on huge wages, we can’t afford to keep giving out new contracts to older players who are on big wages. We need to get rid of the likes of Anya, Bryson, Johnson, Butterfield and Nugent. Not because they’re bad players, but we need to start building a team for the future and they don’t fit. Only give new contracts to those older players who have been consistent and deserve it like Keogh as an example.

1 hour ago, McLovin said:

Johnson has played well the last few games, but to me it stinks of a player playing for a new contract scenario, you see it all the time in football. We are meant to be building a younger side. Johnson will be on huge wages, we can’t afford to keep giving out new contracts to older players who are on big wages. We need to get rid of the likes of Anya, Bryson, Johnson, Butterfield and Nugent. Not because they’re bad players, but we need to start building a team for the future and they don’t fit. Only give new contracts to those older players who have been consistent and deserve it like Keogh as an example.

Johnson was playing well earlier in the season until the biting incident.

I wouldn't say he is playing much differently to how he has played throughout his whole time here.

Only difference is his performances are standing out recently because of the slump we were in and the lack of drive that had been evident in previous matches.

1 hour ago, BathRam72 said:

It might be me, but I really don't understand what you are saying in this line????

If he doesn't play rubbish, then surely he should be praised, or am I reading it wrong?

I mean since coming in he's done well. Not exceptional imo. I just think when he comes in and does ok it's remembered. For anyone else it's a performance not worth mentioning. For Hudds it's a 6/10. 

We remember his good games but with good players we remember their bad games. Its hard to pick out good games for Keogh because there's so many. Quicker to pick out bad ones. With Johnson its reversed. 

I just think there will be younger, cheaper and better players out there for us. 

But I'm not going to keep going on. He's played well and I think I've made my point. Don't want to criticise when he's doing alright.

18 minutes ago, Alpha said:

I mean since coming in he's done well. Not exceptional imo. I just think when he comes in and does ok it's remembered. For anyone else it's a performance not worth mentioning. For Hudds it's a 6/10. 

We remember his good games but with good players we remember their bad games. Its hard to pick out good games for Keogh because there's so many. Quicker to pick out bad ones. With Johnson its reversed. 

I just think there will be younger, cheaper and better players out there for us. 

But I'm not going to keep going on. He's played well and I think I've made my point. Don't want to criticise when he's doing alright.

I have no doubt that there are younger, cheaper and better players than him and I would be reluctant to offer him a new deal unless much reduced wages. At the moment though he offers what no other midfielder can offer that we have, he can head the ball and attack it in the air. In the championship you need that at times. He tries to make things happen and I do believe he is a big part of this turn around. The way Lampard wants to play then he is not really the right player but we needed to scrap our way out of this recent form. He does the ugly things well and sometimes produces a spark.

I think the reason some people like to highlight the good games Johnson has is because he is an easy target when it doesn't go well and he was signed for a stupid amount of money. He has been a good player for us on the whole, not the right fit but you can never fault his attitude.

I also don't believe for one second this is him playing for a new deal, this is how he plays and I have some sympathy for him over the biting saga, which could have been his career here done (looked that way at first). He could have downed tools at that point.

1 hour ago, 'Rambe33 said:

He's contributed and made a difference but not a new contract. We need a clean sweep, all sentiment to one side and start afresh.

37 minutes ago, Spanish said:

and FRR?

oops  I meant FFP (mixed up with work matters?)

16 hours ago, RiddingsRam said:

Pretty much the key player in breaking our recent slump in form. So underated as a Derby player (probably his price tag) deserves his own thread to discuss , does he deserve a new contract ? Personally I'd give him another year. 

Well it looks like we will be in the Championship next season and as there aren't too many better options for us it makes sense to sign him up; but this is DCFC!

Archived