Sign in to follow this  
RiddingsRam

Bradley Johnson

He's doing well but I can't help but feel he gets easily praised for not playing rubbish. 

Having another body in midfield has helped.

I wouldn't say the team is playing especially well. It's ok. It much better than the garbage we were playing. But we shouldn't settle for this and Johnson is one of the players along with Butterfield and Anya and Bryson etc that we need to be looking to replace with younger players of similar or better ability. 

Johnson's attitude is spot on. I love his attitude. Fearless grafter. Never shies away after making errors either. Never sulks. 

12 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

Bradley and Huddlestone are our main physical presence in a team of lightweights who can’t head a football.

They therefore play an important role, not least with their aerial ability.

In the summer, Frank will be given the chance to build a new team which I suspect will have a more competitive edge all round. If he can achieve that, then the need for characters like BJ reduces.

Huddlestone is the most powder puff footballer ever.

52 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Huddlestone is the most powder puff footballer ever.

He really is. He would have been a real top player if he wasn’t such a fairy, he has everything else. He should dominate games, but he just doesn’t. 

Hes still a good player, but I’ve always found him really frustrating, because I’ve always believed he should be so much better.

1 hour ago, Alpha said:

He's doing well but I can't help but feel he gets easily praised for not playing rubbish

Having another body in midfield has helped.

I wouldn't say the team is playing especially well. It's ok. It much better than the garbage we were playing. But we shouldn't settle for this and Johnson is one of the players along with Butterfield and Anya and Bryson etc that we need to be looking to replace with younger players of similar or better ability. 

Johnson's attitude is spot on. I love his attitude. Fearless grafter. Never shies away after making errors either. Never sulks. 

It might be me, but I really don't understand what you are saying in this line????

If he doesn't play rubbish, then surely he should be praised, or am I reading it wrong?

2 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Have you ever watched Harry Wilson? He’d go down appealing for a pen under a shove by a toddler

Acceptable in a winger, not so much in a 6ft plus midfielder.

21 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

Acceptable in a winger, not so much in a 6ft plus midfielder.

Yeah I know the difference, just saying we have more powderpuff players in our team. Trouble is most our team is like it, least physical derby side I think I’ve ever seen. Not such a problem against prem teams, against your Rotherham’s tho it ain’t great

Johnson has played well the last few games, but to me it stinks of a player playing for a new contract scenario, you see it all the time in football. We are meant to be building a younger side. Johnson will be on huge wages, we can’t afford to keep giving out new contracts to older players who are on big wages. We need to get rid of the likes of Anya, Bryson, Johnson, Butterfield and Nugent. Not because they’re bad players, but we need to start building a team for the future and they don’t fit. Only give new contracts to those older players who have been consistent and deserve it like Keogh as an example.

Johnson and Roos should get new contracts.

every team needs a player like Johnson to do the battling to allow the powder puff players to do their thing

we are a much poorer team without him

1 hour ago, McLovin said:

Johnson has played well the last few games, but to me it stinks of a player playing for a new contract scenario, you see it all the time in football. We are meant to be building a younger side. Johnson will be on huge wages, we can’t afford to keep giving out new contracts to older players who are on big wages. We need to get rid of the likes of Anya, Bryson, Johnson, Butterfield and Nugent. Not because they’re bad players, but we need to start building a team for the future and they don’t fit. Only give new contracts to those older players who have been consistent and deserve it like Keogh as an example.

Johnson was playing well earlier in the season until the biting incident.

I wouldn't say he is playing much differently to how he has played throughout his whole time here.

Only difference is his performances are standing out recently because of the slump we were in and the lack of drive that had been evident in previous matches.

1 hour ago, BathRam72 said:

It might be me, but I really don't understand what you are saying in this line????

If he doesn't play rubbish, then surely he should be praised, or am I reading it wrong?

I mean since coming in he's done well. Not exceptional imo. I just think when he comes in and does ok it's remembered. For anyone else it's a performance not worth mentioning. For Hudds it's a 6/10. 

We remember his good games but with good players we remember their bad games. Its hard to pick out good games for Keogh because there's so many. Quicker to pick out bad ones. With Johnson its reversed. 

I just think there will be younger, cheaper and better players out there for us. 

But I'm not going to keep going on. He's played well and I think I've made my point. Don't want to criticise when he's doing alright.

3 hours ago, Alpha said:

He definitely adds bite to the midfield.