Bradley Johnson

RiddingsRam

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wouldn't be against giving him another year on "squad player" wages, he does have his uses and as you say has been a key figure in turning round our previous slump.

If an extension helps us out with FFP then that is also a bonus.

That said he's been here long enough for us to know what he can and can't do. Is he really good enough to get us where we want to be?

He’s so replaceable for so much less 

the championship and below is littered with players like him

iv bever been a fan largely cos of the huge price we paid for him, it’s not his fault and im not slaying him for that 

But he was a lazy signing... well a Sam rush signing so we know how that played out 

At his best he’s a guy that breaks play up And gives it to those who can create

at his worst he’s poor on the ball and flat footed 

but his tenure here has pretty much been wildly inconsistent and if u want to push higher at the age he is I think we need to move on  

Darryl Powell, sean Flynn, Robbie van der laan , that kieftenbuld lad we didn’t get are all that type of player and if a manager is shrewd enough can pick them up for a fraction of the money we paid for Bradley 

bur fair play he’s been a part of the change of fortunes and long may it continue 

Til be end of season and his contract expires 

I'd let him go, not because he's no good but because he's not really the right player for us.

We will need someone physical to replace him, but younger, cheaper and even slightly better touch and passing. I do think he's underrated and gets unfairly slated and he has been a good servant to the club, but I feel it's time to move on. Like with Bryson and probably huddz, I just think times up and we should move on.

The futures bright, the future's Duane, Bird and Bogle 

All these suggestions of he will be easy to replace ! With who ? And for what price ? If he signs a new contract , on lower wages it's a no brainer. The way the market is these days your going to have to pay £4-£5 million or you will end up with someone like George Evans ?

We know what he offers as a footballer. 

In recent games he has been brave enough to get on the ball and drive us forward, something nobody had done for months. 

FL needs to decide if he's a regular starter or not. If not, no point giving him a new contract. 

Always liked him, played a key role in the team before he was unfairly dropped at QPR away. Has come back and given us a real boost. If we can sort out a sensible deal then absolutely. 

He's pretty much the only one of the big earners coming to the end of their deals that I'd even consider offering a new contract.

8 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

We know what he offers as a footballer. 

In recent games he has been brave enough to get on the ball and drive us forward, something nobody had done for months. 

FL needs to decide if he's a regular starter or not. If not, no point giving him a new contract. 

the only point would be if the loss of carrying value when he leaves for nothing restricts our buying power in the summer

Just a thought for the rest of this season, but who do you drop when Mount comes back? It surely can’t be Duane, no-one else at the club can play the Hudds role so does it have to be Bradley? Would be very harsh. Maybe put Duane out wide but he’s been very influential in the middle and who would you leave out? I’m hoping Mount coming back will bring ou the best in Wilson again. Nice problem to have, but I can see Bradley being the one to miss out.

25 minutes ago, Spanish said:

the only point would be if the loss of carrying value when he leaves for nothing restricts our buying power in the summer

Shouldn't even be a consideration. 

Contracts should be offered on footballing ability, not financial factors.

All in my opinion of course.

Stockpiling players on high wages who are not even involved with the squad has got us where we are today.

11 minutes ago, Kinder said:

Just a thought for the rest of this season, but who do you drop when Mount comes back? It surely can’t be Duane, no-one else at the club can play the Hudds role so does it have to be Bradley? Would be very harsh. Maybe put Duane out wide but he’s been very influential in the middle and who would you leave out? I’m hoping Mount coming back will bring ou the best in Wilson again. Nice problem to have, but I can see Bradley being the one to miss out.

Huddlestone for me. 

Drop Johnson and we go back to being completely lightweight.

Although I notice Huddlestone is improving in that respect and actually nearly won an aerial challenge against 5'2 Ryan Woods last night, obviously something he's been working on since only being able to match 5'0 Barry Banan in their aerial duels 3 days previous. 

Bradley and Huddlestone are our main physical presence in a team of lightweights who can’t head a football.

They therefore play an important role, not least with their aerial ability.

In the summer, Frank will be given the chance to build a new team which I suspect will have a more competitive edge all round. If he can achieve that, then the need for characters like BJ reduces.

He's doing well but I can't help but feel he gets easily praised for not playing rubbish. 

Having another body in midfield has helped.

I wouldn't say the team is playing especially well. It's ok. It much better than the garbage we were playing. But we shouldn't settle for this and Johnson is one of the players along with Butterfield and Anya and Bryson etc that we need to be looking to replace with younger players of similar or better ability. 

Johnson's attitude is spot on. I love his attitude. Fearless grafter. Never shies away after making errors either. Never sulks. 

12 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

Bradley and Huddlestone are our main physical presence in a team of lightweights who can’t head a football.

They therefore play an important role, not least with their aerial ability.

In the summer, Frank will be given the chance to build a new team which I suspect will have a more competitive edge all round. If he can achieve that, then the need for characters like BJ reduces.

Huddlestone is the most powder puff footballer ever.

52 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Huddlestone is the most powder puff footballer ever.

He really is. He would have been a real top player if he wasn’t such a fairy, he has everything else. He should dominate games, but he just doesn’t. 

Hes still a good player, but I’ve always found him really frustrating, because I’ve always believed he should be so much better.

1 hour ago, Alpha said:

He's doing well but I can't help but feel he gets easily praised for not playing rubbish

Having another body in midfield has helped.

I wouldn't say the team is playing especially well. It's ok. It much better than the garbage we were playing. But we shouldn't settle for this and Johnson is one of the players along with Butterfield and Anya and Bryson etc that we need to be looking to replace with younger players of similar or better ability. 

Johnson's attitude is spot on. I love his attitude. Fearless grafter. Never shies away after making errors either. Never sulks. 

It might be me, but I really don't understand what you are saying in this line????

If he doesn't play rubbish, then surely he should be praised, or am I reading it wrong?

Archived