Bob The Badger

Who do you think will finish 6th

10 hours ago, garytheowl said:

Don't forget where you saw it first, I need to shake me head now as i'm spending more time on here than I do on Owlstalk. 

Understandable, we’re more attractive. Well some of us.

10 hours ago, CHCDerby said:

It’s definitely bigger than 6 inches 

I’m not going to ask how you measured that. Put me off my cornflakes.

Posted (edited)

Well as we've had a bit of a cup run and beaten Man U, Southampton and Accrington Stanley away and done well at Chelsea but lost at Brighton etc, clearly the Brighton bit being my connection to the following song and indicating that Frank and his management team were just using the cups to get in some early practice for the home and away pressures of the play offs, which we are clearly going on to win, as Frank has pencilled this one on his calendar alongside the tour dates for The Weding Present that will lead us on to winning this season's Play Offs as Derby County Finnish 6th in the Championship Table.

As per the Hit Parade this song was Number 6 out of 12 that all reached the top 30 in the singles chart.

6 California (12 including the space)

Derby County (12 including the space)

http://www.timrileydigital.com/the-wedding-present-california/

So here you have it, in at 6 Derby County and let's all go to California for a Pre Season warm up for the Premier League.

Edited by Inverurie Ram

I think we will get 6th, I dont think we will go up and didnt at the start of the season, 6th will show steady progress given the change in players and system.  I think to have done a Wolves etc we would have needed to have spent 30m+ on some nuggets, we have not been in that position so would be happy with 6th or as close to 6th as possible. If we keep Frank we will have a better chance next year, we just need stability of manager, system and players 

On 16/03/2019 at 10:33, TigerTedd said:

The fact that we are currently in 6th with everything in our hands has absolutely no bearing on the situation. 

You were saying....

1 minute ago, toddy said:

You were saying....

It still is in our hands, we have a game in hand over Villa and a point behind them.

4 hours ago, David said:

It still is in our hands, we have a game in hand over Villa and a point behind them.

And when is the game in hand to be played?

If we are a point behind Villa by then we deserve to be in the play-offs

12 minutes ago, toddy said:

And when is the game in hand to be played?

If we are a point behind Villa by then we deserve to be in the play-offs

Swansea, 1st May. 

I'll go a step further & predict the top 6;

1. Norwich

2. Leeds - will pip Sheff Utd despite Saturday's result

3. Sheff Utd

4. West Brom

5. Villa - clicking into gear ominously

6. Middlesbrough - dismal run recently but too much quality not to finish top 6. Pulis knows how to grind out results & don't think any of the other challengers (Brum, Preston, Sheff Weds, Hull, Bristol City & us) are likely to be sufficiently consistent enough to make up the gap.

We could finish anywhere between 7th and 10th - I don't particularly see our relatively 'easy' run in as a bonus considering how hard we've found it to establish dominance over lesser teams this year. Its also questionable whether a team as inconsistent as ours, with a mere goal difference of +2, is really ready to go up.