Who do you think will finish 6th

Bob The Badger

On ‎14‎/‎03‎/‎2019 at 10:10, garytheowl said:

Sheff wed and Villa to finish in the play offs. (dunna worry we'll beat Forest for you, before our loss earlier this season we'd done em 6 in a row) we beat WBA and grealish scores in the last minute to knock out the piggies to see a play off final that Wednesday cruise to victory. 

Don't forget where you saw it first, I need to shake me head now as i'm spending more time on here than I do on Owlstalk. 

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
57 minutes ago, plymouthram said:

6th SPOT Who it could be, the contendersMiddlesbrough= Haven't won in 4 and lost the last 3 (Current form suggests not making top 6 when you also consider they still have to play Norwich, Bristol, Hull and Forest in their 9 remaining matches).  Aston Villa= Haven't lost in 5, won last 4 games. (Current form suggests 5th spot, but can they keep it up in their last 8 games with Sheff wed (a) Bristol (h) and their last 2 matches are Leeds and Norwich). Preston= Gone 12 matches unbeaten (Have they peaked to early and with Sheff utd, Leeds and WBA their first 3 games in April, could kill them off). Bristol=Haven't won in 5 matches, but have 2 games in hand over most teams in the mix. (Will struggle to get any higher than 8th with Boro, Villa, WBA, Derby and both Sheffield clubs to play away in their 10 remaining games) . Sheffield Wed= On a great run, 11 match unbeaten even though they still have a minus goal difference. (their current position is maybe the highest they can finish when you consider they still have Villa, Preston, Forest, Leeds, Norwich and Bristol to play in their last 8 games). Forest= Only won once in last 4 games, but only 3 points from 6th spot. (Still have both Sheffield clubs to play away and Boro at home. Hate to say it but could finish 6th). Hull City=6 points off 6th place with a minus goal difference. (with Boro, WBA, Sheff Utd and Bristol to play cannot see them breaking into the top 6). Birmingham= Just lost their 4th game on the trot and still only 7 points off 6th. (Hitting bad form at the wrong time and still have WBA, Leeds, Sheff Utd and Derby to play, will be out the running by the time they play us on the 19th April). Brentford= I have included them in with a shout because they still have 9 games to play and have a goal diff of 10+ and also just 8 points off 6th. (remaining matches against all teams fighting to stay up barring games against Derby, Leeds and Preston). I could include Swansea, because they still have 10 games left. But they have been inconsistant all season, still have Forest, Brentford. Boro and Derby on May 1st.

Now THE RAMS= Still have 9 games to play, 1 point off 6th spot and currently been inconsistant. Played better in their last 2 matches but only got draws. Have 4 games at home and 5 away to play. They need fitness back for Lawrence, Marriott and Huddlestone. Bryson, Carson and Mount should be back from injuries to feature in most of the remaining games. With only 2 games against sides in the relegation battle (Rotherham and Bolton at home) they have got to be both won. We also have for our next away game a tricky match at Brentford, we need at least a draw. We have 3 other games against middle table teams who currently are not in the promotion race or threatened with going down (QPR, Blacburn, and Swansea). They are must win games. The others are against teams still in the mix for promotion, Birmingham, Bristol and WBA. The match against Birmingham (A) Is April 19th, by then they would have played WBA, Leeds and Sheff Utd so they could be out the running. The Bristol (A) game comes at the end of April and by then they would have completed fixtures against Boro, Villa, WBA and both Sheffield clubs and they should be out the running. Westbrom, being our last game would see us playing against a side that by then will have secured their play off place and the game would be a dead rubber for them. With the 17 day break, players coming back from injury, others getting their fitness levels up, possible start of some good form and results. WE could be the team to get 6th spot, but don't right off 5th.                                                                                                                                                                   

Crikey, so what's your conclusion?

1 hour ago, garytheowl said:

Crikey, so what's your conclusion?

I don't know, I'm just named the teams that could get 6th spot. The top 4 will be the top 4, but what order they will be not sure. Probably will be WBA hanging on to 4th. The rest from 5th down all have a chance of finshing 6th. On paper Derby and Forest have the easier fixtures, but they don't play on paper. Some team will hit form or continue to have good form and grab 5th. The same with 6th place. What could boost Derby is the return of Mount, Bryson and better fitness of Huddlestone, Marriott and Lawrence. Teams around us dropping points, us finding the net again. If that happens, we won't get 6th, we will get 5th spot.

Well as we've had a bit of a cup run and beaten Man U, Southampton and Accrington Stanley away and done well at Chelsea but lost at Brighton etc, clearly the Brighton bit being my connection to the following song and indicating that Frank and his management team were just using the cups to get in some early practice for the home and away pressures of the play offs, which we are clearly going on to win, as Frank has pencilled this one on his calendar alongside the tour dates for The Weding Present that will lead us on to winning this season's Play Offs as Derby County Finnish 6th in the Championship Table.

As per the Hit Parade this song was Number 6 out of 12 that all reached the top 30 in the singles chart.

6 California (12 including the space)

Derby County (12 including the space)

http://www.timrileydigital.com/the-wedding-present-california/

So here you have it, in at 6 Derby County and let's all go to California for a Pre Season warm up for the Premier League.

I think we will get 6th, I dont think we will go up and didnt at the start of the season, 6th will show steady progress given the change in players and system.  I think to have done a Wolves etc we would have needed to have spent 30m+ on some nuggets, we have not been in that position so would be happy with 6th or as close to 6th as possible. If we keep Frank we will have a better chance next year, we just need stability of manager, system and players 

4 hours ago, David said:

It still is in our hands, we have a game in hand over Villa and a point behind them.

And when is the game in hand to be played?

If we are a point behind Villa by then we deserve to be in the play-offs

I'll go a step further & predict the top 6;

1. Norwich

2. Leeds - will pip Sheff Utd despite Saturday's result

3. Sheff Utd

4. West Brom

5. Villa - clicking into gear ominously

6. Middlesbrough - dismal run recently but too much quality not to finish top 6. Pulis knows how to grind out results & don't think any of the other challengers (Brum, Preston, Sheff Weds, Hull, Bristol City & us) are likely to be sufficiently consistent enough to make up the gap.

We could finish anywhere between 7th and 10th - I don't particularly see our relatively 'easy' run in as a bonus considering how hard we've found it to establish dominance over lesser teams this year. Its also questionable whether a team as inconsistent as ours, with a mere goal difference of +2, is really ready to go up.

Archived