The Yard Pub

Philmycock

Right, so you leave the match on the final whistle and you can't get in The Yard, queueing up and bouncers say 1-in 1-out.

So DCFC encouraging fans to leave the match early if they want a beer there?

Sort it out Mel, we had to go Merlin instead Saturday, and that place is pants and we spent a small fortune which would be better spent in a club-owned bar, thoughts?

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, philmycock said:

Right, so you leave the match on the final whistle and you can't get in The Yard, queueing up and bouncers say 1-in 1-out.

Sort it out Mel, we had to go Merlin instead Saturday, and that place is pants and we spent a small fortune which would be better spent in a club-owned bar, thoughts?

If the place is full what do you want them to.do ?

4 minutes ago, bigbadbob said:

If the place is full what do you want them to.do ?

? Yes Bob, that's my point, it's full because they've all left the ground on 85 minutes, in a game that was 1-1 and an exciting finale, I was in the stadium supporting the team until the final whistle, but yes you're right, pfffft

Even when i did manage to get in once, it was impossible to get to the bar, so i gave up and left.

the problem with PP it that the concourses are grim. Ok no worse than most other grounds but the whole thing looks like the interior of a prison. All concrete and painted blockwork. There's hardly anywhere to even put a drink down. Certainly nowhere to sit. Its locked into a pre-hillsborough "all fans are potentially violent idiots " mindset. 

52 minutes ago, philmycock said:

? Yes Bob, that's my point, it's full because they've all left the ground on 85 minutes, in a game that was 1-1 and an exciting finale, I was in the stadium supporting the team until the final whistle, but yes you're right, pfffft

Thank you. What do you propose DCFC do?

We rushed straight down after the final whilst on Saturday and were 2 or 3 from the front but still waited a fair while, the trouble is nobody really comes out at that time.

I'm not sure if it's like that usually but there wasn't many fans inside, it looked like there was a band/performer setting up in the seated area at the back so all that was closed off though. The front section where the big screen and standing tables was half empty, there was loads of room so puzzled as to why it was 1 out 1 in. 

2 hours ago, philmycock said:

As a less-crowded alternative, McFarland's Bar is civilized to drink in after the game (and before) if they're doing it. Passes only cost £3. https://www.dcfc.co.uk/page/mcfarlands-bar

9 hours ago, philmycock said:

I must get lucky every game, because I saw every single minute of football on Saturday, left at full time and was inside the Yard with a beer in my hand within 10 minutes. I'm in South Stand so it's only round the corner. However, I did notice once I was already in that they'd started doing one in one out, despite the place being half empty. I saw several people buying beers for mates, turn round to find their mates can't get in/ waiting to get in and (fortunately or unfortunately) then have about 4 beers to themselves. It did look like there was a performer setting up. But having it half full doesn't make any sense. 

8 hours ago, RamNut said:

Even when i did manage to get in once, it was impossible to get to the bar, so i gave up and left.

the problem with PP it that the concourses are grim. Ok no worse than most other grounds but the whole thing looks like the interior of a prison. All concrete and painted blockwork. There's hardly anywhere to even put a drink down. Certainly nowhere to sit. Its locked into a pre-hillsborough "all fans are potentially violent idiots " mindset. 

If you think PP is bad then you can’t go to many away grounds ?

9 hours ago, RamNut said:

You seem to know a little too much about what the inside of a prison looks like.

Just tag people and put them under surveillance,

If you leave the ground early your barred.

If you boo your barred.

If you groan your barred.

If you shout SHOOOOOOOOOT your barred.

And just have a secret passageway that takes people from the entrance back into the stands or onto the concourse,that should thin the crowds.

Another good reason for the East Stand complex to go ahead. More choices of venues to eat or drink pre and post game that benefit the club financially. 

We have a coffee in the Backyard before the game but have to go to the Velodrome if we want one afterwards. 

9 hours ago, RamNut said:

What concourse has seating arrangements?

14 minutes ago, BurtonRam7 said:

What concourse has seating arrangements?

For a few years, they had a row (6?, maybe 8?) of stand seats in the NE Corner concourse (with a rather fetching mural of the players on the wall behind).

Think they removed them before the start of this season though, for some reason?

There's also a couple of tables, which occasionally have chairs to them.  Oh... and a bar football table!

This is in the kiddies corner though.  They also have a sweetie barrow!  ... and face painting!

Archived