FAN just decked Grealish

irobinson

25 minutes ago, Alpha said:

I found it funny because he wasn't hurt. Same as You've Been Framed videos. 

If I showed you a dog doing a big build up to a jump and then dropping instantly into cold water then you might laugh. If I told you the dog drowned then it's not funny.

It's a player I don't like and it was a tiny man in a flat cap throwing a shocking punch that lifted his little feet off the floor. 

I don't care if he goes to prison for life. I'm not arsed. Brum fans can all be caged for life for me. I'd never attack a player. I don't condone it. Its very dangerous that it could happen.

But this incident I giggled a bit. 

I'm not having a go at you Andy, but some seem to be suggesting if you laughed then you're sick. I didn't punch Grealish! I've not thrown a punch for years!!

That is quite possibly the worst example I could imagine to justify laughing at somebody being attacked whilst doing their job.

Perhaps try A&E on a Friday night. You could piss yourself laughing at the drunks abusing NHS staff. The NHS staff would still clean up the piss.

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

That it was a terrible punch is neither here nor there. Are we now so glib about violence that we can dismiss an act because it wasn't executed very well?

I can't really understand why he did it, so please explain. What is the mental process that goes on in deciding to punch somebody that has never done anything to harm you; someone against whom you don't have to protect yourself or act in anyway in self-defence?

We have different interpretations of violent attack. I consider a stabbing or shooting as a violent attack, I don’t consider a half hearted punch as particularly violent. It’s wrong either way . Jack Grealish is the ultimate showman like villain. I saw posts on here when we played villa about how much people disliked Grealish and Villa aren’t even our rival. Then factor in that it’s a local rival game. Think of a forest player that you hate and then you’d understand a bit more. 

4 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Ask yourself why he chose Grealish particularly? He ran past a number of Villa players to get him. Yes I can understand why Grealish got hit. Does it mean I’d do it myself? No but I can understand why the fan did it. I’m glad Grealish isn’t hurt.

Couldn’t give a toss why he choose Grealish, laugh at it because it’s funny, I sorta get that, to understand why he did it says a lot about you if I’m being perfectly honest.

I could never understand why someone chooses to run into the pitch and aim a punch at somebody who is completely unaware, cowardly act, but each to their own I suppose.

3 minutes ago, McLovin said:

We have different interpretations of violent attack. I consider a stabbing or shooting as a violent attack, I don’t consider a half hearted punch as particularly violent. It’s wrong either way . Jack Grealish is the ultimate showman like villain. I saw posts on here when we played villa about how much people disliked Grealish and Villa aren’t even our rival. Then factor in that it’s a local rival game. Think of a forest player that you hate and then you’d understand a bit more. 

I'm sorry but I just wouldn't. It's football. I don't hate footballers. 

There are a lot of hypocrites in the English media. Neville said that Birmingham as a club should be punishment heavily, did he think that Man Utd should have been heavily punished when Cantona kung foo kicked the fan? Where was all of this outrage when hundreds if not thousands of Liverpool fans (not just one likely drunk fan) conducted a pre meditated attack on the Man City team bus before an important game? That was dismissed as passion. A Celtic fan did something similar as to today when he hit Dida. Was there as much outrage then? No because that was dismissed as passion in the heat of the game.

All of these people keep saying that fans coming into the pitch should be stopped but I’ve still yet to see a convincing argument as to how to enforce this. It’s impossible to stop individual incidents. You will always get idiots.

7 minutes ago, AdamRam said:

Couldn’t give a toss why he choose Grealish, laugh at it because it’s funny, I sorta get that, to understand why he did it says a lot about you if I’m being perfectly honest.

I could never understand why someone chooses to run into the pitch and aim a punch at somebody who is completely unaware, cowardly act, but each to their own I suppose.

I understand why he did it. Does that mean I would do that myself? No. Just because I understand why they did it doesn’t mean I agree with it. I understand why ISIS hate the West, but I disagree with them as an entity. Does that mean I will go and join ISIS? No of course not numpty.

1 hour ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

Those that found it funny or 'enjoyed it' - could you explain exactly what it was about it that entertained you so?

A pathetic, aggressive man ruining his life for the sake of landing a feeble, glancing, blow on a footballer that was felt for literally no more than his 15 seconds of fame & ultimately spurrred on the opposition team to victory.

Pure schadenfreude.

There's nothing wrong with finding some entetainment in the incident knowing that it just ends with a little fat man in a poo hat trying and failing miserably to prove how much of a 'man' he is. There's no need to be po-faced about it after the event, knowing how it all plays out.

Nobody thinks the act of running onto the pitch and assaulting someone is funny. If you were watching it live you wouldn't think "haha, look, that man has ran onto the pitch, this is hilarious, I hope he lands a good punch on somebody!",

No actual harm has been done, and maybe Grealish will learn that no matter how much skill you have the way you present yourself matters, tone down the goading antics, gobby on-pitch attitude and just let his ability do the talking. All actions have consequences.

"What if he had a knife?" Well we wouldn't be talking about the same incident, would we? The reaction would be totally different. You could ask "what if" and present the worst case scenario about absolutely anything. What if the Leicester chairman's helicopter had crashed on the day it delivered the ball into a stadium full of fans and he'd killed hundreds of people instead of hours after a match into an empty car park? It's irrelevant to what actually happened.

1 hour ago, angieram said:

I don't think you can punish the club with a points deduction  - otherwise you could get 'fans' infiltrating home ends of their nearest rivals to bring down their points total.

Similarly, you can never stop a determined individual from getting on the pitch unless you employ enough stewards to form a human chain right around the perimeter - not affordable. 

It seems to me that we have had a fans/authorities unwritten pact in place since Hillsborough "We won't invade the pitch if you don't fence us in." Some seem to have forgotten this but  it's hard for us older fans to realise that there are a whole generation of supporters at matches now who didn’t live through that horror or realise how awful it would be to go back to those days of fences and cages.

So the only deterrent for me is to hit the individual hard - a criminal prosecution with a fine and a mandatory jail sentence.  The consequence of this would probably be the loss of your job as well. That ought to be deterrent enough.

Those on here saying anything that condones this sort of behaviour in any way (obvious jokes aside) ought to take a good look at themselves and their values. 

Out of all the posts on here so far, only this one replicates my own thoughts and opinions in full.  Could not agree more.

Don't recall calls for points deductions/club fines when our very own idiot confronted a red dog at PPS the other year.  Punish the individual... I'm all for paying an extra 10p a week tax to lock 'em up for a 6 month spell, if that's what it takes.

... And we really, really don't want to go back to fences. 

6 minutes ago, Coconut said:

A pathetic, aggressive man ruining his life for the sake of landing a feeble, glancing, blow on a footballer that was felt for literally no more than his 15 seconds of fame & ultimately spurrred on the opposition team to victory.

Pure schadenfreude.

There's nothing wrong with finding some entetainment in the incident knowing that it just ends with a little fat man in a poo hat trying and failing miserably to prove how much of a 'man' he is. There's no need to be po-faced about it after the event, knowing how it all plays out.

Nobody thinks the act of running onto the pitch and assaulting someone is funny. If you were watching it live you wouldn't think "haha, look, that man has ran onto the pitch, this is hilarious, I hope he lands a good punch on somebody!",

No actual harm has been done, and maybe Grealish will learn that no matter how much skill you have the way you present yourself matters, tone down the goading antics, gobby on-pitch attitude and just let his ability do the talking. All actions have consequences.

"What if he had a knife?" Well we wouldn't be talking about the same incident, would we? The reaction would be totally different. You could ask "what if" and present the worst case scenario about absolutely anything. What if the Leicester chairman's helicopter had crashed on the day it delivered the ball into a stadium full of fans and he'd killed hundreds of people instead of hours after a match into an empty car park? It's irrelevant to what actually happened.

'Nobody thinks the act of running onto the pitch and assaulting someone is funny.'

And yet people stated on this very thread that they found it funny.

'No actual harm has been done'

So that's ok then.

'and maybe Grealish will learn that no matter how much skill you have the way you present yourself matters,'

Yes, he was asking for it.

20 minutes ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

That is quite possibly the worst example I could imagine to justify laughing at somebody being attacked whilst doing their job.

Perhaps try A&E on a Friday night. You could piss yourself laughing at the drunks abusing NHS staff. The NHS staff would still clean up the piss.

Yeah I might try that. That's the kind of person I am and that's exactly the same thing too

Hopefully there will be some blood and guts because that's exactly what I'm into as well. 

I hope that's what I'll be remembered for when I die. My daughters will say their Dad loved seeing a vicious attack. I do. I watched that Colchester fan get his head kicked in by those 3 Wrexham fans and I loved it. His wife and daughter now feed him and bathe him. That's exactly the same as this too. 

I mean I found this funny

But what if one was hurt? What if we shouldn't be laughing be laughing at the state of these two men? Maybe they have mental health issues? 

Maybe I'm worse than these people? Oh God, I'm responsible.

1 minute ago, Alpha said:

Yeah I might try that. That's the kind of person I am and that's exactly the same thing too

Hopefully there will be some blood and guts because that's exactly what I'm into as well. 

I hope that's what I'll be remembered for when I die. My daughters will say their Dad loved seeing a vicious attack. I do. I watched that Colchester fan get his head kicked in by those 3 Wrexham fans and I loved it. His wife and daughter now feed him and bathe him. That's exactly the same as this too. 

I mean I found this funny

But what if one was hurt? What if we shouldn't be laughing be laughing at the state of these two men? Maybe they have mental health issues? 

Maybe I'm worse than these people? Oh God, I'm responsible.

It's not funny at all for me. But then neither is seeing someone run on to a football pitch and attack a player.

15 minutes ago, McLovin said:

I understand why he did it. Does that mean I would do that myself? No. Just because I understand why they did it doesn’t mean I agree with it. I understand why ISIS hate the West, but I disagree with them as an entity. Does that mean I will go and join ISIS? No of course not numpty.

I’m lost for words on this, I can’t thing of one reason why you could understand a fan running on a pitch to punch anyone, don’t bother to enlighten me.

Even if you told me Grealish had slept with his wife of 20 years, ending his marriage, he’d lost his home, was now living on the streets and had to wear that peak cap because he had lost his hair as a result of Grealish actions, I still would fail to understand such a cowardly action of punching him whilst he was completely oblivious that it was coming, however well done for understanding such an action, really does say a lot about you.

2 minutes ago, AdamRam said:

I’m lost for words on this, I can’t thing of one reason why you could understand a fan running on a pitch to punch anyone, don’t bother to enlighten me.

Even if you told me Grealish had slept with his wife of 20 years, ending his marriage, he’d lost his home, was now living on the streets and had to wear that peak cap because he had lost his hair as a result of Grealish actions, I still would fail to understand such a cowardly action of punching him whilst he was completely oblivious that it was coming, however well done for understanding such an action, really does say a lot about you.

If you can't understand why a human makes stupid decisions, then that says more about you than anything.

You should have been named Simon.

10 minutes ago, AdamRam said:

I personally think there’s more important things going on in the world than to be outraged at what happened to Grealish, he’s fine fortunately which is what I’m bothered about. Grealish himself is probably having a right giggle about it now. If you fail to comprehend the difference between understanding why he did it and outright agreeing and urging him to hit Grealish , then that’s not my problem. 

2 minutes ago, Norman said:

If you can't understand why a human makes stupid decisions, then that says more about you than anything.

You should have been named Simon.

I’m not sure that even makes sense, I’ve read it several times and I’m still confused.

Maybe I am Simon.

2 minutes ago, AdamRam said:

I’m not sure that even makes sense, I’ve read it several times and I’m still confused.

Maybe I am Simon.

You can't grasp why the bloke did it, Simon. Not getting what your argument is?

Just now, McLovin said:

I personally think there’s more important things going on in the world to be outraged at what happened to Grealish, he’s fine fortunately which is what I’m bothered about. Grealish himself is probably having a right giggle about it now. If you fail to comprehend the difference between understanding why he did it and outright agreeing and urging him to hit Grealish , then that’s not my problem. 

Fair enough, I’d be a be hypocritical to hold it against you given I taken a moral stance on this, your opinion is that you can understand it, mine is that it was a cowardly act and I can’t understand anyone who would punch someone from behind, regardless of who it was, I’d be exactly the same if I saw it in a nightclub or anywhere else to be honest,. 

Fook me. I've realised on this thread what a scumbag I am. 

I though I was a decent bloke. The kind of stranger that would help you out. The kind of bloke you'd want around if you're Grandma is being mugged. The kind of bloke that doesn't threaten people on social media, on telephones or behind a steering wheel. 

Just a regular bloke with a missus and kids trying to do the right thing.

But I found it funny. So now I condone violence. Now I've realised I love unprovoked attacks on people from behind. 

Let the Brum lad out the cell. Put me inside. I even laughed at a sick joke the other day. 

Proper scum. If the world was full of people like me then... well there would be no crime. But laughing at this video says a lot about a person

Archived