FAN just decked Grealish

irobinson

Sith Happens
30 minutes ago, Gisby said:

Monica Seles was stabbed at a tennis tournament years ago, what needs to happen in football before we come down on these morons like a ton of bricks. Enough is enough we need to make the punishment so punitive for both individual & club that it won’t ever happen again. 

I agree, people know who this fan is, down the local he will probably get a pat on the back from those who thought it was funny and even applauded, imagine what reaction he would get from his fellow supporters if the club were docked say 6 points? Very different i would imagine.

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

I agree, people know who this fan is, down the local he will probably get a pat on the back from those who thought it was funny and even applauded, imagine what reaction he would get from his fellow supporters if the club were docked say 6 points? Very different i would imagine.

I don’t care who’s club it is we got to stamp this out, what does it take before a player or official is seriously injured or even worse? We then gonna have the usual outpouring of grief, black arm bands, minutes silence, minutes applause, what a great person they were etc etc. We got to stop this before we get to this stage. There are the sanctions available to the authorities they got to use them. 

2 hours ago, Boycie said:

Half are just uni students earning a bit of cash and making up the allocated steward numbers, when you look closely at the actual prevention of this happening, and the staff used in stopping it, it’s inadequate to stop this sort of thing.

I think it's a sad indictment of some of the scum who attend football matches that we need so many stewards.

I don't think you can punish the club with a points deduction  - otherwise you could get 'fans' infiltrating home ends of their nearest rivals to bring down their points total.

Similarly, you can never stop a determined individual from getting on the pitch unless you employ enough stewards to form a human chain right around the perimeter - not affordable. 

It seems to me that we have had a fans/authorities unwritten pact in place since Hillsborough "We won't invade the pitch if you don't fence us in." Some seem to have forgotten this but  it's hard for us older fans to realise that there are a whole generation of supporters at matches now who didn’t live through that horror or realise how awful it would be to go back to those days of fences and cages.

So the only deterrent for me is to hit the individual hard - a criminal prosecution with a fine and a mandatory jail sentence.  The consequence of this would probably be the loss of your job as well. That ought to be deterrent enough.

Those on here saying anything that condones this sort of behaviour in any way (obvious jokes aside) ought to take a good look at themselves and their values. 

11 minutes ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

Those that found it funny or 'enjoyed it' - could you explain exactly what it was about it that entertained you so?

the only amusing thing is that he missed, badly. He had a running punch and wild swing and the only thing that knocked Grealish over was a forearm clothes-line! I find it funny that the bloke will hopefully get a six month jail sentence for assault, a massive fine for trespass and a ban from all football, including traipsing to the Police Station with his passport, all for nothing! ANDDDDDDDDDDDDD even funnier is that Grealish scored a winner.

I would not have found it even one bit amusing had knuckles connected with face.

Sith Happens
29 minutes ago, Gisby said:

I don’t care who’s club it is we got to stamp this out, what does it take before a player or official is seriously injured or even worse? We then gonna have the usual outpouring of grief, black arm bands, minutes silence, minutes applause, what a great person they were etc etc. We got to stop this before we get to this stage. There are the sanctions available to the authorities they got to use them. 

Yep I agree.

Sith Happens
12 minutes ago, eddie said:

I think it's a sad indictment of some of the scum who attend football matches that we need so many stewards.

Good point why can't people just behave themselves?

1 hour ago, Millenniumram said:

Only fans I’ve ever had trouble with in all my years watching football is the Birmingham city fans, doesn’t surprise me in the slightest one of their fans would do this. Sure they ain’t all ******** but they have more than their fair share from what I’ve seen.

Yes!!!

Every single time home and away I've seen trouble with them. From the least troubling of coin throwing to running down the street hitting people with road work signs 

Vile 

31 minutes ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

Those that found it funny or 'enjoyed it' - could you explain exactly what it was about it that entertained you so?

I found it funny because he wasn't hurt. Same as You've Been Framed videos. 

If I showed you a dog doing a big build up to a jump and then dropping instantly into cold water then you might laugh. If I told you the dog drowned then it's not funny.

It's a player I don't like and it was a tiny man in a flat cap throwing a shocking punch that lifted his little feet off the floor. 

I don't care if he goes to prison for life. I'm not arsed. Brum fans can all be caged for life for me. I'd never attack a player. I don't condone it. Its very dangerous that it could happen.

But this incident I giggled a bit. 

I'm not having a go at you Andy, but some seem to be suggesting if you laughed then you're sick. I didn't punch Grealish! I've not thrown a punch for years!!

1 hour ago, AdamRam said:

So you are pleased and enjoyed someone you dislike based upon a media persona and I’m willing to bet have never even met, getting violently attacked in such a cowardly way.  Wow.

Violently attacked ?, the punch could have been a lot worse, it’s funny the fan went to all that trouble to bodge up his punch and Grealish went on to score the winner. And I’m not pleased when anyone gets attacked, but I can understand why he did it

1 hour ago, Paul71 said:

We all know a lifetime football ban wont work, if he wants to get to games he will.

Make his punishment 'significant'. Treat every pitch invader as a potential threat. I am not saying lock them up for life, but if these morons know that they will get hit with a massive fine (thousands) or have to do say 500 hours community service then maybe they would think twice.

And I do think Stewards can do more. Are we saying there was only one steward covering the area this pitch invader entered the pitch because only one reacted.

Maybe had they been paying attention to the crowd and not watching the game they would have spotted him before he made it on to the pitch.

The maximum imprisonment he can get for the attack is 6 months I think. We need to be realistic, it’s almost impossible to prevent individual attacks. In this case I think it’s more of a person having too much to drink rather than a premeditated attack. There’s nothing that can be done , if someone wants to hurt a footballer, someone may decide to attack someone off the pitch like in a town centre, just outside the stadium or on the coach like the Liverpool fans did to Man City or the bomb on the Dortmund coach.

9 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Violently attacked ?, the punch could have been a lot worse, it’s funny the fan went to all that trouble to bodge up his punch and Grealish went on to score the winner. And I’m not pleased when anyone gets attacked, but I can understand why he did it

Of course it was a violent attack, just because he got it wrong and didn’t connect correctly doesn’t mean it wasn’t.

Oh, and you can understand why he did it, really ? You can understand why he run on a pitch and punched somebody from behind , once again, Wow just wow.

Local Derby? Yup

Chance of play-offs each? Yup

Too many beers? Yup

Hate stupid haircuts? Yup

Hate small shinpads and socks? Yup

Henri Lansbury not available to punch? Yup

Egged on by mates? Yup

Never thrown a punch before but put on a flat cap and feel all 2002 Football Factory? Yup

Run on to pitch to smack him

stream_img.jpg

Then you remember you don't know how to throw a proper punch and realise Grealish is taller than 5'5.

Miss of the season for me.

13 minutes ago, McLovin said:

That it was a terrible punch is neither here nor there. Are we now so glib about violence that we can dismiss an act because it wasn't executed very well?

I can't really understand why he did it, so please explain. What is the mental process that goes on in deciding to punch somebody that has never done anything to harm you; someone against whom you don't have to protect yourself or act in anyway in self-defence?

3 minutes ago, AdamRam said:

Of course it was a violent attack, just because he got it wrong and didn’t connect correctly doesn’t mean it wasn’t.

Oh, and you can understand why he did it, really ? You can understand why he run on a pitch and punched somebody from behind , once again, Wow just wow.

Ask yourself why he chose Grealish particularly? He ran past a number of Villa players to get him. Yes I can understand why Grealish got hit. Does it mean I’d do it myself? No but I can understand why the fan did it. I’m glad Grealish isn’t hurt.

Archived