FAN just decked Grealish

irobinson

18 minutes ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

Yes, you can. 

One of the key responsibilities of the stewards is to stop people going on the pitch.

Some form of investigation (I am led to believe the FA is responsible for this sort of thing) would need to be carried out regarding the club's stewarding policy, the numbers on duty, the training they receive etc.

The choices facing the club to prevent this from ever happening is putting fences in front of the fans or at the pitch side having a steward every 5 yards. 

The guy has ran out from the equivalent of our North Stand, an area where less stewards would be needed. I personally think the steward that got him on the pitch has done as well as can be expected. 

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Birmingham steward now also arrested for pushing and kneeing Grealish during the celebrations after he scored. 

Birmingham in trouble for this you would feel, failing to control a fan is bad enough, failing to control one of your own stewards? ouch

33 minutes ago, rynny said:

The choices facing the club to prevent this from ever happening is putting fences in front of the fans or at the pitch side having a steward every 5 yards. 

The guy has ran out from the equivalent of our North Stand, an area where less stewards would be needed. I personally think the steward that got him on the pitch has done as well as can be expected. 

It's interesting that you say 'needed' here. I wonder whether the club are reviewing what is 'needed' even as we speak.

20 minutes ago, Derbados said:

if you enjoy somebody getting punched from behind for no reason, there’s something wrong with you . . . 

Lets hope it never happens to one of your loved ones ay. 

I won’t lie, a part of me enjoyed that too because he’s a very dislikeable footballer with him being your stereotypical arrogant footballer on(low socks thinking he’s the man and then complains when people tackle him) and off the pitch,  falling out of nightclubs, holding his boyhood club to ransom to get a pay rise, the drug incidents thinking he’d get away with it, although that was a few years ago so I don’t know if he’s changed. Obviously glad Grealish is alright but I found it funny how the fan had a lightbulb moment and had the audacity to run on the pitch and do that and how he completely failed with his punch. I don’t know what the fan aimed to achieve tbh

25 minutes ago, Derbados said:

if you enjoy somebody getting punched from behind for no reason, there’s something wrong with you . . . 

Lets hope it never happens to one of your loved ones ay. 

I can think of many reasons why he did it to be honest ?.

2 hours ago, Norman said:

Obviously not. 

I find people walking into lamposts funny.

Don't find people walking in front of buses funny.

Don’t know why people can’t differentiate between the two. The punch is wrong, of course it is, but perspective is needed. It wouldn’t be funny if Grealish was seriously injured , luckily he wasn’t but I found the failed punch itself quite funny. I found it funny how the fan had a lightbulb moment and what must have been going through his head to do that. The outrage is quite funny too, people like Neville saying Birmingham should be severely punished and the pc crew saying the fan should be put in prison for life. Give me a break, yeah he could have had a knife, but thankfully he didn’t. You could say that about every ever pitch invader.

Sith Happens
1 minute ago, McLovin said:

Don’t know why people can’t differentiate between the two. The punch is wrong, of course it is, but perspective is needed. It wouldn’t be funny if Grealish was seriously injured , luckily he wasn’t but I found the failed punch itself quite funny. I found it funny how the fan had a lightbulb moment and what must have been going through his head to do that. The outrage is quite funny too, people like Neville saying Birmingham should be severely punished and the pc crew saying the fan should be put in prison for life. Give me a break, yeah he could have had a knife, but thankfully he didn’t. You could say that about every ever pitch invader.

Do we have to wait for someone to have a knife for it to be taken seriously?

17 minutes ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

It's interesting that you say 'needed' here. I wonder whether the club are reviewing what is 'needed' even as we speak.

Well they would need more stewards closer to the away fans, that will always be the case. 

If someone ran out of the North Stand at PP and had done the same would you then expect us to have extra stewards in that area, taking them away from where they are going to be needed more? 

Monica Seles was stabbed at a tennis tournament years ago, what needs to happen in football before we come down on these morons like a ton of bricks. Enough is enough we need to make the punishment so punitive for both individual & club that it won’t ever happen again. 

7 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

Do we have to wait for someone to have a knife for it to be taken seriously?

Taken what seriously? How are you meant to stop every single pitch invader apartfrom having nets in a ground or 30,000 stewards on minimum wage jobs?

7 minutes ago, rynny said:

Well they would need more stewards closer to the away fans, that will always be the case. 

If someone ran out of the North Stand at PP and had done the same would you then expect us to have extra stewards in that area, taking them away from where they are going to be needed more? 

I would expect the club to employ enough stewards to at least have a convincing go at preventing people from running onto the pitch and to make a convincing effort to get someone off the pitch if they got on. Whether Birmingham did the first is to be confirmed. They certainly didn't do the second. Unless you count one bloke waddling after the transgressor.

39 minutes ago, McLovin said:

I won’t lie, a part of me enjoyed that too because he’s a very dislikeable footballer with him being your stereotypical arrogant footballer on(low socks thinking he’s the man and then complains when people tackle him) and off the pitch,  falling out of nightclubs, holding his boyhood club to ransom to get a pay rise, the drug incidents thinking he’d get away with it, although that was a few years ago so I don’t know if he’s changed. Obviously glad Grealish is alright but I found it funny how the fan had a lightbulb moment and had the audacity to run on the pitch and do that and how he completely failed with his punch. I don’t know what the fan aimed to achieve tbh

So you are pleased and enjoyed someone you dislike based upon a media persona and I’m willing to bet have never even met, getting violently attacked in such a cowardly way.  Wow.

Sith Happens
23 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Taken what seriously? How are you meant to stop every single pitch invader apartfrom having nets in a ground or 30,000 stewards on minimum wage jobs?

We all know a lifetime football ban wont work, if he wants to get to games he will.

Make his punishment 'significant'. Treat every pitch invader as a potential threat. I am not saying lock them up for life, but if these morons know that they will get hit with a massive fine (thousands) or have to do say 500 hours community service then maybe they would think twice.

And I do think Stewards can do more. Are we saying there was only one steward covering the area this pitch invader entered the pitch because only one reacted.

Maybe had they been paying attention to the crowd and not watching the game they would have spotted him before he made it on to the pitch.

Sith Happens
18 minutes ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

I would expect the club to employ enough stewards to at least have a convincing go at preventing people from running onto the pitch and to make a convincing effort to get someone off the pitch if they got on. Whether Birmingham did the first is to be confirmed. They certainly didn't do the second. Unless you count one bloke waddling after the transgressor.

And get those that are there to pay attention.

If you have seen the Scott Sinclair incident in Scotland, the proper video which shows all the Stewards, not one of them is looking towards the crowd, they are watching the match. And even when the bottle comes in not one of them looks to see if they can see where it came from, in fact the ref is the one to go and remove it from the pitch.

Archived