Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
irobinson

FAN just decked Grealish

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, MuespachRam said:

Why are they role models? Any parent who lets their kids have football players as role models needs locking up themselves.!

Do parents select their kids role models? I wasn't aware that was the case.

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Anon said:

I don't know if I'd trust our police with guns, but this is the case in Germany. You know, the country that is constantly cited as the model we wish to follow regarding safe standing in stadiums and fan behavior.

I doubt the German police have ever drawn their guns, let alone fired, at a football match. Can you imagine using a firearm at such an event? 

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, HantsRam said:

But that rather misses the point. All you are doing is providing a different focal point rather than reducing or removing the undesirable acts.

The atmosphere was dreadful - menacing -  and it wasn't a Prague derby. 

 

My point is that carnage was averted. All that was lost was the little shed for the lawnmower and the mower itself  torched by the Sparta fans who had brought their own petrol.

I’m pretty sure that at that particular game, the police presence allowed the game to go ahead. But, it was a different set of circumstances - years of pent up hate for Sparta, the beneficiaries of communism, and a sense of entitlement on the part of Sparta fans, with years of getting away with it behind them. It’s not something that would help here because the football culture is quite different. 

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Tamworthram said:

Do parents select their kids role models? I wasn't aware that was the case.

Well I certainly wouldn’t let my son have a footballer as a role model...!!! I would think that any decent parent would themselves be the role model for their children. 

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Tamworthram said:

I doubt the German police have ever drawn their guns, let alone fired, at a football match. Can you imagine using a firearm at such an event? 

Many years ago when I was in my twenties I was walking round Monaco without my shirt on with my then girlfriend .Up comes a copper waving his arms around and poking me .

Go away says I to the copper at which point out comes his gun and on goes my shirt.

Share this post


Link to post
23 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

Well I certainly wouldn’t let my son have a footballer as a role model...!!! I would think that any decent parent would themselves be the role model for their children. 

How would you stop him? People, including kids, choose their own role models. You can't dictate to them who their role models will be. You can guide, warn and advise them but, at the end of the day they'll decide. It might be a footballer, TV/film/game character, relative, friend etc but I don't believe you can actually PREVENT them, in their own minds, making a choose. 

Share this post


Link to post
7 minutes ago, King Kevin said:

Many years ago when I was in my twenties I was walking round Monaco without my shirt on with my then girlfriend .Up comes a copper waving his arms around and poking me .

Go away says I to the copper at which point out comes his gun and on goes my shirt.

Sounds incredibly heavy handed, I didn't realise Monaco was so dangerous, and not quite the same as pulling out a gun in a large crown.

Share this post


Link to post
6 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Sounds incredibly heavy handed, I didn't realise Monaco was so dangerous, and not quite the same as pulling out a gun in a large crown.

There were plenty of people around ,that's my point would you like to see police at an EFL game waviving a gun around?

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, King Kevin said:

There were plenty of people around ,that's my point would you like to see police at an EFL game waviving a gun around?

I see them all the time when in London, at the stations, in the streets everywhere. They don’t really wave them around though, so I’m not sure why they would if they were at a game, unless they are the new flanges ?

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, Paul71 said:

I think its a fair sentence though i doubt he will serve all 14 weeks.

Struggle to see how they can stop him attending matches, although I quite like what they said on TalkSport earlier suggesting whenever Birmingham are playing, home or away, he should either have to wear a tag or report to the local police station to prove he is not attending the match.

 

 

That would be the TalkSport who employ the convicted drink driver Alan Brazil right?

 

Don't get me wrong - the fan deserves some punishment. But the frothing outrage dished out by some media organs lacks balance, credibility and is ultimately hypocritical. 

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

Don't get me wrong - the fan deserves some punishment. But the frothing outrage dished out by some media organs lacks balance, credibility and is ultimately hypocritical. 

 

I've seen some people label it 'disgusting'. What was disgusting was some of the tweets that went about regarding Grealish's deceased brother after the game. I'd rather see the authors of those go to prison than someone who had a swing at a player.

Of course, it was unacceptable behaviour that warrants punishment (14 weeks sounds about right to me). But everyone is going way over the top when it was just one idiot fan who was immediately stopped.

Share this post


Link to post
48 minutes ago, King Kevin said:

There were plenty of people around ,that's my point would you like to see police at an EFL game waviving a gun around?

No I wouldn't. That's my point.

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.