Sign in to follow this  
irobinson

FAN just decked Grealish

29 minutes ago, Anon said:

I don't know if I'd trust our police with guns, but this is the case in Germany. You know, the country that is constantly cited as the model we wish to follow regarding safe standing in stadiums and fan behavior.

Was in Prague for the weekend and we went to see sparta late Saturday afternoon. 

About a 20,000 capacity ground. No visible away support. What looked like several hundred of the hugest riot cops I've ever seen all armed to the teeth. 

Not a price worth paying for the occasional nut job imo. 

35 minutes ago, coneheadjohn said:

I don’t know Grealish personally but we have spent a fair amount of time in Birmingham our paths crossed with a family who had a youngster with Leukaemia,Villa fan and Grealish was his favourite player.

Grealish has been amazing to him and them as a family.

Don't let that get in the way of a bit of vilification for being good.

2 hours ago, bcnram said:

Birmingham should be heavily fined with a points deduction. There has to be a deterrent against pitch invasions or we should have to return to fencing off the pitch. By the same token, at the end of a season if a club states no coming on to the pitch like the Derby fans do, then the same punishment should happen; stay in your seats boys and girls.

cannot agree with this, UNLESS this moron has previous form for it.

You'll never stop someone with momentum from getting past a steward, in the same way you can never prevent a player jumping into the crowd.

4 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

Was in Prague for the weekend and we went to see sparta late Saturday afternoon. 

About a 20,000 capacity ground. No visible away support. What looked like several hundred of the hugest riot cops I've ever seen all armed to the teeth. 

I went to several Slavia - Sparta matches over the years and I can tell you the riot police do a brilliant job. They took the brunt of the missiles (including the gravel that lined the terrace at one game) to such an extent that the 2 sets of supporters almost forgot about each other.

38 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Without wanting to get in trouble, I can't help wondering if it was more than Buckfast and sugar he put on his cornflakes that morning.

I thought he looked like someone who’d just had a good bugle.

46 minutes ago, Angry Ram said:

Only one of the most famous footballers in the world. Perhaps he should play on the left and you might have noticed him.

Zlatan.jpg

Isn't that Ibrahimovic?

4 minutes ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

I went to several Slavia - Sparta matches over the years and I can tell you the riot police do a brilliant job. They took the brunt of the missiles (including the gravel that lined the terrace at one game) to such an extent that the 2 sets of supporters almost forgot about each other.

But that rather misses the point. All you are doing is providing a different focal point rather than reducing or removing the undesirable acts.

The atmosphere was dreadful - menacing -  and it wasn't a Prague derby. 

3 hours ago, ThePrisoner said:

What a dildo. 

Because a stray bullet wouldn't do any damage at all 🤦‍♂️  Some footballers are just plain thick...

40 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

I've been to a few games in Germany, and whilst it's initially jarring to see armed police at the stadium you soon forget about them. I've also been to a Bohemians game in Prague and didn't find the police particularly intrusive.

I'm not saying it's the right solution for this country, simply pointing out that the idea is in no way as outlandish as some in this thread are making out.

4 hours ago, StivePesley said:

Fine - if highly paid role models being arrogant makes your tail hard - each to their own.

Likewise, I happen to think that being a top level professional footballer is a privilege, and with it should come a responsibility to not act like a an idiot and recognise that people who earn a tiny fraction of what you earn spend their money on watching you play. You are a role model to a generation of kids. Is it really that difficult to be a decent human being?

We all love it when we see footballers in the dressing room with disabled kids, or visiting people in a local hospital - so why get so defensive over those that let the fans down?

Why are they role models? Any parent who lets their kids have football players as role models needs locking up themselves.!

50 minutes ago, maxjam said:

The 'fan' has got 14 week prison sentence and 10 year ban from football grounds

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11677/11662275/fan-who-attacked-jack-grealish-sentenced-to-14-weeks-in-prison

I think its a fair sentence though i doubt he will serve all 14 weeks.

Struggle to see how they can stop him attending matches, although I quite like what they said on TalkSport earlier suggesting whenever Birmingham are playing, home or away, he should either have to wear a tag or report to the local police station to prove he is not attending the match.