Sign in to follow this  
irobinson

FAN just decked Grealish

5 hours ago, angieram said:

I don't think you can punish the club with a points deduction  - otherwise you could get 'fans' infiltrating home ends of their nearest rivals to bring down their points total.

Similarly, you can never stop a determined individual from getting on the pitch unless you employ enough stewards to form a human chain right around the perimeter - not affordable. 

It seems to me that we have had a fans/authorities unwritten pact in place since Hillsborough "We won't invade the pitch if you don't fence us in." Some seem to have forgotten this but  it's hard for us older fans to realise that there are a whole generation of supporters at matches now who didn’t live through that horror or realise how awful it would be to go back to those days of fences and cages.

So the only deterrent for me is to hit the individual hard - a criminal prosecution with a fine and a mandatory jail sentence.  The consequence of this would probably be the loss of your job as well. That ought to be deterrent enough.

Those on here saying anything that condones this sort of behaviour in any way (obvious jokes aside) ought to take a good look at themselves and their values. 

This is what I was trying to say. 

1 hour ago, Ewe Ram said:

Well actually yes. My road is a sleepy 30 in a village but idiots put their foot down and rip down it at 60. I’ve contacted the relevant depts and as there hasn’t been a serious incident yet they ‘can’t act on what might happen, no dept has the resources for that’ 

That’s very true. There have to be two incidents (as in proper crashes) within a few feet of each other for the authorities to put a speed camera up. 

But then the counter argument to that is that it stops the police putting them up in places they know they can just make money off them. 

Slightky off topic mind. 

Back on topic. Two incidents in one day. Maybe that counts for for some serious action. 

(You watch, brum get a points deduction and huge fine, arsenal get duck all, cos it’s the premier league). 

TBH 30 is a very slow speed limit, should change it to 40

Dont like this whole " post someones address on the internet " bit.  The lad alfie has said something disgusting sure, but theres no need to put his family in danger. 

9 minutes ago, uttoxram75 said:

Gary Rowett gave him to Watford.

If Villa don’t go up.,,,they’ll be gifting him to spurs...as Erickson is off to Real Madrid...

thats the summary.... perform when it’s your time... if not... cream goes to the top

3 minutes ago, irobinson said:

If Villa don’t go up.,,,they’ll be gifting him to spurs...as Erickson is off to Real Madrid...

thats the summary.... perform when it’s your time... if not... cream goes to the top

Not sure he's good enough for the top end of the prem from what I've seen which admittedly is very little.

2 minutes ago, RamNut said:

Grealish is easily good enough to play for England.

i would have though man utd or man city would be the logical move. 

I bow to your knowledge then because ive only really seen him play against us a couple of times and would rate him far less than Will Hughes and Jeff Hendrick.

4 minutes ago, uttoxram75 said:

I bow to your knowledge then because ive only really seen him play against us a couple of times and would rate him far less than Will Hughes and Jeff Hendrick.

Will hughes can't be far off playing for england.

there aren't many english 23 year olds who have made 23 starts in the prem this season.

7 minutes ago, RamNut said:

Will hughes can't be far off playing for england.

there aren't many english 23 year olds who have made 23 starts in the prem this season.

Unfortunately he's nowhere near. We all know that the key to getting into the England squad is to be contracted to a top six club, playing games for them is irrelevant. As much as I like Mount, his call up was a farce. Declan Rice will be ahead of him because England are oh so grateful that he deigned to play for us. Longstaff will probably be in front of him now as well. Also, as well as Southgate has done with the national team, don't forget that he was the U21 manager who consistently played Hughes as a defensive midfielder. The same thing Nigel Pearson did with him. Maybe Hughes should pretend to be Irish to get some leverage?

Jack Grealish is better than Cairney, Maddison and even our own lovely William. 

He’s the same age as me and I can say for certain that he’s far well better behaved than me, my mates or acquaintances. In fact, if we were in the Premier League I dare say we’d have had a few heroes in the papers and for stuff worse than a few ‘loons.

The narrative against him is really weird. Proper glad he scored the winner.

4 hours ago, Paul71 said:

I despair i really do.

4 hours ago, SouthStandDan said:

This bloke deserves some prison time. Good god almighty.

54517936_10161603982075445_6294722026275864576_n.jpg

25 years ago I can't envisage that even the biggest arse wipe I knew would dream of doing anything like this .    Modern society is broken .   His parent's must be very proud - or maybe that's the problem .

4 hours ago, irobinson said:

I can only think that we had Gile Barnes of that ilk

Said on here before that Barnes was the best player I've seen come from our academy.   Would also put Hendrick before Hughes.  All of them were better than Izale McCloud ....only just.  

10 hours ago, Paul71 said:

So just pushing is ok and not an attack?

If pushing is an attack then I was attacked about 50 times in the pub yesterday. 

Hopefully I can find a no win no fee lawyer because I should be in for some serious compensation!

10 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

So, a bit like road speed limits, we have to wait for someone to be killed for it to be taken seriously?

Don't recall saying that?

I'm just saying the sentence should fit the crime. 

The fact that he could have been carrying a knife is irrelevant really because he wasn't carrying a knife. Unless the sentence for all charges of assault are going to be increased on the basis that a knife could have been used.