West Brom Sack Moore

David

1 hour ago, Dappled Ram said:

A really harsh, crass unbelievable decision and another nail in the coffin of the modern game. RIP integrity, loyalty, patience and respect. On the plus side hopefully this will derail their season. Seriously though the desire and hurry for instant success is ruining the beautiful game. I'm just getting really really disillusioned and disgusted by it.

Totally agree ..... It’s no longer the game I recognise!!!

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Moore is a great bloke, no doubt about it. I feel for him. As mentioned, though, he wasn’t the best man for the job. He’s done a steady job, but relegated clubs really need that bounce back otherwise the financial implications can be huge. I think their owner was right to give him the job, but I do think they will finish the season stronger on this decision. 

They, like us, need momentum going into the playoffs. We have no choice, because we won’t be afforded the luxury of falling over the line, but they might. I think it’s a very attractive job for someone, especially a talented coach as opposed to a ‘head master’ type. 

On 09/03/2019 at 20:04, LB_DCFC said:

This is their Clement equivalent. Looks crazy from the outside, but from the inside it looks sane. Apparently he looks tactically out of his depth, and just being very very reliant on gayle and Rodriguez. With a good manager, they'd be challenging for top 2 imo. 4th with their squad is under performing on the looks of it. If you think you can do better, like a jokanovic or something, then it's probably worth doing. Let's hope it goes badly for them, though, there's still a chance, albeit very slim, that we could catch them. 

Exactly this.

To have a strike force of Gayle and Rodriguez in this division and not be challenging for top 2 is criminal.

On 10/03/2019 at 13:05, GenBr said:

He seems to struggle in the Prem, but West Brom wont care if he gets them up. 

I’m not sure that’s necessarily true. Left Watford post promotion over a contract dispute.

At Fulham he lost 3/4s of his backline following promotion, he wasn’t signing players himself and they weren’t being signed for his system. 

8 hours ago, Animal is a Ram said:

Conflicted. But, as per @LB_DCFC.

They've never recovered from losing Harvey Barnes. Bit like us with Jordon Ibe in the second Mac1 season.

I always felt losing Ibe killed the mood more than any significant tangible negative impact on the team. 

We replaced him with Ince who was arguably better but we lost Martin one game later. 

2 hours ago, cannable said:

I always felt losing Ibe killed the mood more than any significant tangible negative impact on the team. 

We replaced him with Ince who was arguably better but we lost Martin one game later. 

Always thought that it was a big momentum shift.

Ibe had just and only just -  start to come good. He was shaping up to be brilliant for us. Then it all stopped and I got the impression at the time that it was unexpected and stopped a lot of planning in it's tracks.....

Archived