If Keogh gets player of the year

Bob The Badger

8 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

Maybe I'm being a little petty but I don't like giving a POTY award to a loan player...

Plus I think Keogh has been highly influential in turning Tomori from a potential talent into a genuinely stunning defender - His positioning at the start of the season was at times horrendous and I think playing alongside Keogh has been brilliant for him

Hard to pick who's been better but would give it to Keogh because of his influence on Tomori - And the sheer heart and passion he pours into every single game

Yeah I get the sentiment on that, but I wouldn’t let it cloud your judgement, I get the feeling Tomori will be a permanent derby player someday, whether next season or a few years after like wisdom. Don’t know why but just get the inkling.

But yeah I wouldn’t disagree with anything you’ve written there and if Keogh gets it it would be throughly deserved no doubt.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Keogh has once again been outstanding, and deffo deserves the award, and let's get one thing right 90 percent of Rams fans love the bloke, it's only a few who have either got blinkers on, do not understand the game, or only listen to the radio Derby moan in on Mondays and never go to the games, he has been a top, top player since he has been here, and I would love it if we were promoted while Keogh was our captain.

The Summer’s going to be massive. Keogh will be our only available fit centre back out of the players currently here next season. He will be 33 at the start of the season. Will be tough and expensive to replace him. One thing you absolutely cannot criticise him on is that his fitness and injury record is very impressive but that is likely to change because of his age. We are going to have to sign at least 2 centre backs in the summer in my opinion to embed them and then we can slowly phase Keogh out because he’s not going to be here forever.

On 08/03/2019 at 04:08, Bob The Badger said:

And it's hard to pick against him imho at the moment with so many others being inconsistent. 

He'll be the first player since it's inception in 1968-69 to win it three times.

No matter what you think of him, that's a pretty impressive achievement.

Agreed, really aren't any other stand out contenders. Tomori has done well, but probably a few seasons away from Chelsea's 1st team. 

Keogh is absolutely nailed on. Another brilliant season in a Derby shirt and it's nice to see him getting recognition on here.

If we get promoted over the next few years with Keogh wearing the captain's armband, he will go down as a legend in my book. 

I often see discussion about legend status on this forum. It is commonly stated that players from this era don't deserve legend status compared to the title winners and world beaters of our former incarnations.

I would argue that relative to the level our club is at (considering the fact that we have been in the second tier for over a decade), Keogh would absolutely deserve to go down in history if we get promoted.

8 minutes ago, EulogyForEvolution said:

I often see discussion about legend status on this forum. It is commonly stated that players from this era don't deserve legend status compared to the title winners and world beaters of our former incarnations.

Only player in the last 25 years to get over 300 appearances for the club - We had Sean Barker plastered on the outside of the stadium and as much as I loved the guy I find it odd that no-one seems to talk about Keogh in the same way

10 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

Only player in the last 25 years to get over 300 appearances for the club - We had Sean Barker plastered on the outside of the stadium and as much as I loved the guy I find it odd that no-one seems to talk about Keogh in the same way

Sees the season out he will be in the top 20 all time most appearances for the club

Just now, cheron85 said:

I loved Shaun Barker, but that confuses me too. I think it might have been to do with the state of the club when he arrived and his role in saving us from relegation.

It's crazy to think that we named transfers up to and around £1 million after him - I miss the days of hearing the term 'Shaun Barker type fee' thrown around whenever we looked to spend a bit of money on a player. "We offered a Shaun Barker type fee but it was rejected and it priced us out" was a common thing to hear every time we put in a ridiculously low offer for a player that ended up being bought by another club for around £5 million.

With Barker, I think a lot of the reverence was to do with the fact that he was struck down in his prime. It's a shame, because a Keogh/Barker partnership could have been formidable.

Archived