If Keogh gets player of the year

Bob The Badger

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not particularly a fan of his, but certainly an achievement. He has had a longevity at the club that you would imagine few other players from now on will ever have - it would be a just reward for him to get to play in the Premier League with the club.

Personally, I would go with Tomari as player of the year, but Keogh is most likely I think.

He's been in the discussion every year he's been at the club, which is an outstanding achievement. 

12-13 - Richard Keogh - he played all 46 league games in what was our first top 10 finish since relegation.
13-14 - Craig Bryson (his second time) - it was obviously a strong year that year with Bryson, Martin & Hughes all having great years.
14-15 - Will Hughes - Keogh was still named in the PFA TOTY. 
15-16 - Richard Keogh - it was an erratic season, however arguably Keogh's best in a Derby shirt up to this point.
16-17 - Scott Carson - it could have gone to either Carson, Keogh or Ince that season. They really carried the team at times.
17-18 - Matej Vydra - Again, he was in the conversation along with Curtis Davies (my choice) & Scott Carson. 

I don't think there can be any doubt to this season. Tomori has done well, but has had to improved significantly with experience to get to his standard now. Keogh has been placed in a young defence, where Bogle & Tomori in particular, have learnt the hard way at times. Keogh has bailed both of them out on lots of occasions. I'd argue that it's by far his best season in a Derby shirt.  

I've been a critic of his in the past (mainly due to my thoughts about his leadership on the field) but he would absolutely deserve POTY this season. By far the most consistent (in a good way) performer.

Keogh has been incredible for us. The fact some folk can't let go of a mistake (that wasn't even one of his own making) is mental to me.

Fantastic player for this club. Loyal, hard working and most importantly he's really quite good. Makes the odd mistake but when you play almost every game in a season for multiple seasons on the bounce you are bound to make the odd error.

Keogh must be the only candidate for player of the year. He's lead and guided a defence that as contained for the most part two young and inexperienced players, which as at times as been left exposed by the the failings of the midfield players in front of them, but still managed to keep the team in contention for the play-off places

Keogh probably my favourite player in recent years,primarIly because of his work rate and unparalleled commitment to the club,no matter what your opinion of him he gives 100% week in week out and you can see how much it means to him to do well for the club. Never heard any negativity about him off the field.A true pro who is a proper Ram.

5 hours ago, 1of4 said:

Keogh must be the only candidate for player of the year. He's lead and guided a defence that as contained for the most part two young and inexperienced players, which as at times as been left exposed by the the failings of the midfield players in front of them, but still managed to keep the team in contention for the play-off places

It's been good to see how Tomori has developed as a player alongside him too, really surprising given that Keogh has no leadership skills and can't get his team mates to perform ?

I think injuries have ruled out Mount and Marriott as contenders for POTY. Wilson should be in the running though he’s gone off the boil recently, if he gets some important goals in the run in he could come back into contention. Bogle has had a great first season though inconsistent at times as you would expect given his age. Tomori has been decent though he’s learning the game, therefore  has poor positional sense at times, he also struggles in the air.

All this means for me, Keogh is the only contender. 

i think keogh does more to keep the grass short.

i'm told that when all the others have gone home, he's still out there nibbling it. 

3 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

Still be tempted to give it Tomori myself cause he’s improved immensely and his passion and drive is second to none, but you couldn’t argue against Keogh getting it. Between those two without doubt. 

Maybe I'm being a little petty but I don't like giving a POTY award to a loan player...

Plus I think Keogh has been highly influential in turning Tomori from a potential talent into a genuinely stunning defender - His positioning at the start of the season was at times horrendous and I think playing alongside Keogh has been brilliant for him

Hard to pick who's been better but would give it to Keogh because of his influence on Tomori - And the sheer heart and passion he pours into every single game

Archived