Mixed drinks

AmericanRam

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, BurtonRam7 said:

Vodka Ribena (a Mosh Derby special)

No it isn't.  Been around the University circuits since the 80's.

Bourbon, with ice.  However if out, usually a JD and coke - rare t see a decent bourbon.  Or if the bar has a decent wine list, Red 13% or more, full bodied

1 hour ago, McRamFan said:

No it isn't.  Been around the University circuits since the 80's.

Which reminds me - my University favourite from back in the day was a pint of Guinness and a double Tia Maria.

Take a large mouthful of Guinness (to make some room in the glass) and then chuck the Tia Maria into the beer

Tastes exactly like chocolate milkshake and gets you REALLY drunk REALLY quickly

2 hours ago, McRamFan said:

rare t see a decent bourbon.

Try Amazon (seriously). My favourite American splash is a joyous brew called Rebel Yell. Hadn't seen it for years in the UK but I now get regular supplies delivered straight to my door.

8 hours ago, StivePesley said:

Which reminds me - my University favourite from back in the day was a pint of Guinness and a double Tia Maria.

Take a large mouthful of Guinness (to make some room in the glass) and then chuck the Tia Maria into the beer

Tastes exactly like chocolate milkshake and gets you REALLY drunk REALLY quickly

Guinness and port a!so a good combo

On 07/03/2019 at 20:21, Mrs Cone said:

Gin n tonic here! Am picky about the gin though, none of the paint stripper rubbish!

Ooo or a good old fashioned gin and bitter lemon! X

i never used to like gin, until i tasted Hendrick's in 7up with a small slice of cucumber

I once convinced 3 mates on a night out about my "great" idea of adding a bottle of Hooch to a double gin.  

Four rounds later(it slips down very fast) it was carnage! People I knew told me later they had spoken to me and I was a right state.  I do recall being sick out my bedroom window and am I fairly sure I urinated in the corner of my room I was so disoriented.  One of the others got on the bus to head into town and passed out and ended up sleeping in a park.

Never tried it again....

I do like gin though, and find the recent conversion of the masses annoying.  In general though I prefer pints of anything for the volume of liquid; as otherwise I just neck it and get too drunk.

39 minutes ago, Chester40 said:

I once convinced 3 mates on a night out about my "great" idea of adding a bottle of Hooch to a double gin.  

Four rounds later(it slips down very fast) it was carnage! People I knew told me later they had spoken to me and I was a right state.  I do recall being sick out my bedroom window and am I fairly sure I urinated in the corner of my room I was so disoriented.  One of the others got on the bus to head into town and passed out and ended up sleeping in a park.

Never tried it again....

I do like gin though, and find the recent conversion of the masses annoying.  In general though I prefer pints of anything for the volume of liquid; as otherwise I just neck it and get too drunk.

At least you had the sense to stay at home.  True carnage would have been going with your mate... and pissing out of the bus window!!  LOL!

Archived