Anybody else see Sheff Wed game as a local derby?

Bob The Badger

20 minutes ago, David said:

Not true. 

Alright, maybe it was just the one at the bottom of the thread when I opened it and the first I saw. But I just love the way you grasped onto one tiny element and ignored the rest.

No, 'oh right, sorry I get the whole laughing thing now, makes sense, Sorry for saying you were laughing AT somebody, you clearly weren't'

Or, 'okay I see what you mean now, it *feels* like a local derby to you, you weren't saying it was a local derby. Sorry I misunderstood'

Oe even, 'okay, yeh nobody else went into the detail as I did. I could see how that would create a response more than somebody just saying no'

Your desire to be right all the time and your inability to entertain other people's viewpoints are both off the charts mate.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Bob The Badger said:

Alright, maybe it was just the one at the bottom of the thread when I opened it and the first I saw. But I just love the way you grasped onto one tiny element and ignored the rest.

No, 'oh right, sorry I get the whole laughing thing now, makes sense, Sorry for saying you were laughing AT somebody, you clearly weren't'

Or, 'okay I see what you mean now, it *feels* like a local derby to you, you weren't saying it was a local derby. Sorry I misunderstood'

Oe even, 'okay, yeh nobody else went into the detail as I did. I could see how that would create a response more than somebody just saying no'

Your desire to be right all the time and your inability to entertain other people's viewpoints are both off the charts mate.

Apology accepted Bob. Yoga is great for loosening up I heard. 

8 minutes ago, David said:

I wasn’t going to bother, but just wanted to point out the inaccuracy. 

Swear I’m in the Truman show, no wonder I’m losing more hair by the week.?

It’s fascinating how the subject wanders and meanders. I always grit my teeth when there’s a disagreement. We all want the same end product, you’re at the helm so see all the opinions and contradictions, was quite entertaining that you got caught up in this one!! Does Bob know who he’s dealing with!! ??

Ok back to work!! 

I got rid of any remaining hair years ago, saves losing it on here!  

3 minutes ago, SKRam said:

It’s fascinating how the subject wanders and meanders. I always grit my teeth when there’s a disagreement. We all want the same end product, you’re at the helm so see all the opinions and contradictions, was quite entertaining that you got caught up in this one!! Does Bob know who he’s dealing with!! ??

Ok back to work!! 

Two points to that.

1. If you mean in terms of running the board and no doubt has the power to eject me with a click of his mouse. Sure I know.

2. If you mean, you ain't ever going to win that argument because at your age you'll probably die before @David gives in. Then, I'm getting there. 

Grin.jpeg

Just now, Bob The Badger said:

Two points to that.

1. If you mean in terms of running the board and no doubt has the power to eject me with a click of his mouse. Sure I know.

2. If you mean, you ain't ever going to win that argument because at your age you'll probably die before @David gives in. Then, I'm getting there. 

“We talk about it for 20 minutes and then we decide I was right”

CB1ED4F2-CAD1-4B53-816D-22A4636F996E.jpeg

Just now, walkleyowl said:

As a Wednesday fan I don't remotely think of games between us as a derby, though I can't wait to nick your songs and learn more about your famous 'bahnce'

We admit to stealing the bounce. Rangers did it so well we had to copy them.

9 minutes ago, walkleyowl said:

As a Wednesday fan I don't remotely think of games between us as a derby, though I can't wait to nick your songs and learn more about your famous 'bahnce'

We’ve got a great one freshly pinched from United, bit of editing and it’s all yours

Brucey’s at the wheel, Tell me how depressing does it feel, We've got Lazaar, Sammy Winnall and Pudil, Jacob Butterfield was Yorkie born and bred, The Greatest mid table team in English football, We haven’t won owt in years, Du, du, du du, du, du, du du du ... (Repeated...)

3 minutes ago, David said:

We’ve got a great one freshly pinched from United, bit of editing and it’s all yours

Brucey’s at the wheel, Tell me how depressing does it feel, We've got Lazaar, Sammy Winnall and Pudil, Jacob Butterfield was Yorkie born and bred, The Greatest mid table team in English football, We haven’t won owt in years, Du, du, du du, du, du, du du du ... (Repeated...)

Love it

Though we've won a trophy more recently than Derby pal.

In all seriousness think we should leave that one to Man Yoo, heard Luton attempt it the other week ffs.

2 minutes ago, walkleyowl said:

Love it

Though we've won a trophy more recently than Derby pal.

In all seriousness think we should leave that one to Man Yoo, heard Luton attempt it the other week ffs.

You'll just love the Derby version on Saturday then!!!

8 minutes ago, walkleyowl said:

Heard it in your defeat at Forest, didn't see Waghorn scoring goals mind.

Oh and the Norwich one is even worse.

Ours is a bit of a mickey take at ourselves though, Even the worst team and 11 points gets a mention.

It’s good to play teams that aren’t at the opposite end of the country. Full stadium, lots of noise. Not a local Derby but I always like it when South York’s comes visiting. My brother went to Sheffield Poly and adopted Wednesday as his team. My brother isn’t easy to get on with so I have a quiet smirk if we beat them and go in to hiding if we don’t ? 

i think Derby is much more aligned culturally to Yorkshire and the North in general while the West Midlands if definitely foreign parts 

Archived