Players wages

Poynton ram

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I bet football contracts are complex.

Appearance, goals scored, promoted, relegated, midtable, win bonus, international caps...

I imagine when clubs offer out these massive deals they try to protect themselves from injuries, flops, sulks etc. 

Bet nobody has a flat out salary. Bet the variations in what you can earn are pretty big.

13 minutes ago, Wolfie said:

If the average is as high as below (last season), there must be some big earners...

8216c03b-d32c-4b6a-9095-4fba0b7ea08f.png

Since then we can take off Bent, Jerome and Blackman. I'd imagine we're saving at least a little with Thorne, Butters, Martin and Pearce out on loan and I can't imagine any of the replacements are on wages anywhere near as high, maybe Waghorn being the highest earner of the new crop? 

Ah just what we need, a thread where people can make any wild guess they desire to which people can try and make fact to knock a playerthey dislike.

@David made a good post earlier about taking responsibility about what gets posted online on here and how many read  this forum. This is just guesswork and people wanting to stir, it’s wrong and crass

Disagree, with respect

Think this is a subject of public interest 

Fans are being requested to sign up and pay for their next season right now. After over 10 years in this division and no prospect of that changing anytime soon  - no reason we shouldnt expect to know what the club are paying people.

If the information is not in the public domain ( seems to be for many of the Premier players) , you cant blame folks for speculating. 

Would Bradley have signed for less than £30k ? 

Would Chris M have done the same ? 

Would Butterfield have come for less than £25k ? 

Would Bryson have turned down a move to Burnley for less than £30k ? 

Would Waghorn have signed for less than £25k ? 

We have signed Cole for £15k at age 38 for half a season at most , knowing it would take him the best part of 8 weeks to get up to speed ( over a quarter of his contract) 

All in the context of mid to upper championship football . Not even top Championship football.

Tony Gale referenced our high earners.

With Frank alluding to bad eggs within, I suspect there may be some jealousy/ bad feeling towards the high earners, especially those who don't actually play for the cash they receive.

I suspect contracts might be written a little more conservatively in future.

1 minute ago, Anag Ram said:

Tony Gale referenced our high earners.

With Frank alluding to bad eggs within, I suspect there may be some jealousy/ bad feeling towards the high earners, especially those who don't actually play for the cash they receive.

I suspect contracts might be written a little more conservatively in future.

Players, thought we had got rid of the troublemakers?

1 hour ago, BobbyD said:

Disagree, with respect

Think this is a subject of public interest 

Fans are being requested to sign up and pay for their next season right now. After over 10 years in this division and no prospect of that changing anytime soon  - no reason we shouldnt expect to know what the club are paying people.

If the information is not in the public domain ( seems to be for many of the Premier players) , you cant blame folks for speculating. 

Would Bradley have signed for less than £30k ? 

Would Chris M have done the same ? 

Would Butterfield have come for less than £25k ? 

Would Bryson have turned down a move to Burnley for less than £30k ? 

Would Waghorn have signed for less than £25k ? 

We have signed Cole for £15k at age 38 for half a season at most , knowing it would take him the best part of 8 weeks to get up to speed ( over a quarter of his contract) 

All in the context of mid to upper championship football . Not even top Championship football.

How does answering any of those questions help decide whether or not you renew your season ticket?

2 hours ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Here we go this obsession with wages again..

Perhaps we should get them all to play for free.

Next will be the imaginary massive made up wage bills for players they don't like...

Just to justify binning the players off they dislike to get other players in that they like more.

Boring.

But Chris Martin is on a lot...

Archived