Derby County v Sheffield Wednesday

Bwash_Ram

4 hours ago, peachmyster said:

Don’t get all the calls for Bennett to start yes he scored but let’s all be honest and admit it was a fluke goal. I don’t see what he brings to the team he has been here for 8 years under a number of managers none who have given him a good run of games. Does that not tell you he is not good enough 

No it was not he meant it

No fluke mate at all

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 minutes ago, Anon said:

Bennett haters in full damage control mode. I love it.

I would not say they are Bennett hàters they just have a different opinion on both the goal and the player and it is one I include myself in.If he had a record of influencing a game from the start then I would agree start him however in the numerous chances he has been given he has failed to do so.

From the bench he has had far more impact coming on later in games when the opposition is tiring you could say zoon is similar in his brief appearances.

12 minutes ago, Rambalin said:

I would not say they are Bennett hàters they just have a different opinion on both the goal and the player and it is one I include myself in.If he had a record of influencing a game from the start then I would agree start him however in the numerous chances he has been given he has failed to do so.

From the bench he has had far more impact coming on later in games when the opposition is tiring you could say zoon is similar in his brief appearances.

why so sour?

I have my doubts about him but that goal was brilliant.  I don't think you are being particularly fair on him as it appears you are somewhat blinded by your basic doubts about him.

For the record I don't think he will make it any further and will find his level eventually.   Here's hoping he scores on Saturday.

17 minutes ago, Rambalin said:

Well as Bennett would be replacing Zoon there's no harm in backing the form horse is there?

9 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

Roos

Bogle Keogh Tomori Malone

Huddlestone

Johnson Holmes

Bennett Waghorn Wilson 

Bit of actual strength in that team rather than a load of pansies, maybe they’ll play better as a team unit as well rather than a load of individuals. Similar to what finished the game really, only real question for me is Malone but I’d be tempted to tell him to buck his general play up and given him a chance given he had a role in both goals. Everything else seems pretty clear cut to me, think that’s the most balanced side we have.

Same as my team other than I have Lawrence in where you have Bennett...

Roos

bennett. Keogh tomori. Bennett

.                  Bennett

.        Bennett.    Bennett

bennett.     Bennett.     Bennett

6-0 

10 hours ago, B4ev6is said:

Get out mate

Mason Bennett lot better player that Lawrence last night he showed that.

Hmmm

how many international caps has Bennett got ?

how many goals assists has Bennett got ?

think u must be watching different games to me 

Mason Bennett is still only 22. 

Because he has been at Derby so long and not made the break through people want to slate him? I don't get it.

Some break through earlier than others then fade away, some break through later (Vardy).

Bennett is only recently getting more first team game time.  I am not suggesting he WILL go on to be a world beater but surely given the chance he might become a very good player at this level at least. That goal will certainly helped his confidence.

12 hours ago, europia said:

Could be wrong, but I seem to recall Steve Bruce has a good record against Rams. 

Used to love playing against his Hull side though. We always seemed to take them apart everytime we played them apart from one leg of the playoffs.

Tough game this one. Anticipating a real ding dong hopefully and hope we can pick up where we left off. I'd start as close as possible to the team that finished the game midweek. 

Carson

Bogle, Keogh, Tomori, Malone 

Huddlestone Johnson 

Wilson, Holmes, Bennett, 

Waghorn 

Bogle lucky to keep his spot in my opinion but don't change a winning formula. 

COYR 

2 minutes ago, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

Carson

Bogle Keogh Tomori Malone

Huddlestone

Holmes Johnson

Wilson Waghorn Bennett

One may hope that Mount and Lawrence are back in contention, and that Marriott’s injury isn’t too severe, although I do feel he was rushed back 

I wouldn't have a problem with that team but would prefer Roos in goal given the choice.

21 hours ago, jimbo jones said:

Managed to get my daughter into football. She goes to football club always all kitted out on her Derby kit. This Saturday I’m taking her down to her first game at Pride Park. Will be a proper proud dad moment.

hoping for a nice win...so I can tell the wife she’s a lucky charm, so we can go to the rest of the games this season ?

Brilliant,hope you have a great time...best post in this thread,pictures on the day please.

Archived