Sign in to follow this  
Bwash_Ram

Derby County v Sheffield Wednesday

7 hours ago, walkleyowl said:

Still pic makes it difficult to be accruate but not sure SC is "in control"

1552175830.jpg

Ok the image is not clear I agree ....but I was sitting in the lower tier to the right of that image has you look at it.......I am a qualified referee so when the incident took place I immediately said freekick ....when Winnall plays the ball Carson has one hand behind the ball ..six yard box line side...and one hand on top off it .

This is the crucial part the hand on top has it puts the ball between if and the ground meaning in the rules he is in control has you can see in the rules below.

The linesman did not flag but had a clear view and when the ref hesitated I saw him speak into his mic and then the ref acted.

The FA

LAWS OF THE GAME & FA RULES

LAW 12: FOULS AND MISCONDUCT

IFAB Laws of the Game 2018-19

Law 12 Fouls 

The goalkeeper has the same restrictions on handling the ball as any other player outside the penalty area. Inside their penalty area, the goalkeeper cannot be guilty of a handling offence incurring a direct free kick or any related sanction but can be guilty of handling offences that incur an indirect free kick.

The goalkeeper is considered to be in control of the ball when:

the ball is between the hands or between the hand and any surface (e.g. ground, own body) or by touching it with any part of the hands or arms except if the ball rebounds from the goalkeeper or the goalkeeper has made a save

holding the ball in the outstretched open hand

bouncing it on the ground or throwing it in the air

A goalkeeper cannot be challenged by an opponent when in control of the ball with the hands.

8 hours ago, walkleyowl said:

1552175830.jpg

8 hours ago, walkleyowl said:

1552175830.jpg

6 hours ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

From what I recall Carson was on the floor and holding the ball with two hands...the incident occurred after that point.

Carson had both hands on the ball...

Capture.PNG

11 hours ago, Davide said:

Keogh was man of the match for me. Won every header and are a couple of important last ditch tackles 

....and still you get some idiot called Derek contacting Radio Derby post-match giving him stick. Unbelievable!

12 hours ago, rynny said:

Took my youngest to his first game of the season. He enjoyed it for the most part. 

Anyone else see Carson let rip into Malone twice in the second half? He wasn't happy about Malone not going for his kicks.

Ironic cause Carson couldn’t hit a man in a white shirt all game. Love the bloke but Christ his disbribution is painful, that freekick at the end he just smashed out for a throw on the same side summed it up. Dunno what Roos did wrong

2 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Ironic cause Carson couldn’t hit a man in a white shirt all game. Love the bloke but Christ his disbribution is painful, that freekick at the end he just smashed out for a throw on the same side summed it up. Dunno what Roos did wrong

Think the goalkeeping position is interesting and I do wonder if Lampards' philosophy is similar to Guardiola in that he wants his keeper to be instrumental in building possession from the back. Joe Hart was a good 'old fashioned' keeper but struggled with distribution so was replaced by someone who could do what was wanted.

I like Carson but it's obvious he struggles with this aspect of the game and becomes frustrated - a couple of times in the first half he made highly risky passes out to Malone. The one in the second half where he had a go at Malone, I'm fairly sure he put the ball into touch on the full. From what we've seen so far, Roos has better distribution and I thought was unfortunate to be dropped after the Forest game.

25 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

Think the goalkeeping position is interesting and I do wonder if Lampards' philosophy is similar to Guardiola in that he wants his keeper to be instrumental in building possession from the back. Joe Hart was a good 'old fashioned' keeper but struggled with distribution so was replaced by someone who could do what was wanted.

I like Carson but it's obvious he struggles with this aspect of the game and becomes frustrated - a couple of times in the first half he made highly risky passes out to Malone. The one in the second half where he had a go at Malone, I'm fairly sure he put the ball into touch on the full. From what we've seen so far, Roos has better distribution and I thought was unfortunate to be dropped after the Forest game.

Think it’s the modern way in general tbf, what with teams pressing more and more than ever before on teams playing out the back, the onus comes on the goalkeeper to be able to find a man up the pitch and beat the press. It’s a total chnage really from before when goalkeepers were barely footballers at all, and I can’t help but feel maybe Carson’s been left behind in a generation gone by. Great goalkeeper that he has been (and as nice a footballer as you’ll ever meet so I’m told), can’t help but feel maybe his times up. Roos is undoubtedly better on the ball, and I’ve seen nothing to suggest he isn’t a decent shot stopper either. I’d put him back in now and assess the situation in the summer window.

It may be tbf that Carson is still carrying an injury, some kicks yesterday were so bad that there’s no way even a more old fashioned keeper like Carson when fit would have hit them. I mean that freekick even I could have kept in play at least and I was a ducking awful goalkeeper😂 He can’t be fully recovered yet

Posted (edited)
51 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Think it’s the modern way in general tbf, what with teams pressing more and more than ever before on teams playing out the back, the onus comes on the goalkeeper to be able to find a man up the pitch and beat the press. It’s a total chnage really from before when goalkeepers were barely footballers at all, and I can’t help but feel maybe Carson’s been left behind in a generation gone by. Great goalkeeper that he has been (and as nice a footballer as you’ll ever meet so I’m told), can’t help but feel maybe his times up. Roos is undoubtedly better on the ball, and I’ve seen nothing to suggest he isn’t a decent shot stopper either. I’d put him back in now and assess the situation in the summer window.

It may be tbf that Carson is still carrying an injury, some kicks yesterday were so bad that there’s no way even a more old fashioned keeper like Carson when fit would have hit them. I mean that freekick even I could have kept in play at least and I was a ducking awful goalkeeper😂 He can’t be fully recovered yet

Kieran Westwood is out of contract in the summer. He is easily one of the best keepers in the division. As a keeper myself i enjoy watching him play. He kept Wednesday in it at the end. At 34 though he is past it probably.

Edit: He could actually keep the ball it play too even had the ability to change kicking style for the front man once Fletcher went off.

Edited by kingsy1884

15 hours ago, nottingram said:

Bet they sung Wonderwall before Oasis did as well didn’t they

Actually, I think we did. We called it Waddle land, but it was basically the same tune.😉

Interesting the love in for Bannan on here. On our site he's way down the list for MOM. There's a growing feeling that he's holding us back. Admittedly his cross for our goal was pretty good (your keeper should have made an effort though) in general his dead ball quality is PP. Most of his passes are backwards or sideways and 7 goals in 4 seasons is not good for a 'creative' player, and his attitude and slagging off team mates can be seen as bullying. A bit like what George Best said about Beckam. He cant beat a man, tackle of head a ball, but apart from that he's not bad.  

4 minutes ago, garytheowl said:

Interesting the love in for Bannan on here. On our site he's way down the list for MOM. There's a growing feeling that he's holding us back. Admittedly his cross for our goal was pretty good (your keeper should have made an effort though) in general his dead ball quality is PP. Most of his passes are backwards or sideways and 7 goals in 4 seasons is not good for a 'creative' player, and his attitude and slagging off team mates can be seen as bullying. A bit like what George Best said about Beckam. He cant beat a man, tackle of head a ball, but apart from that he's not bad.  

...but it was still true. 

5 minutes ago, garytheowl said:

Always liked him as a player. Very neat and tidy, always available and moves the ball around well, would agree that his performance yesterday was nothing special though. Very surprised to see a few comments about him bossing the midfield or controlling the game.