1 hour ago, Edtheram said:

Team for Saturday......

Roos

Bogle        Keogh        Tomori      Malone

Huddlestone

Holmes             Johnson

Wilson              Waghorn              Bennett

The changes being;

Roos for Carson as i believe he is as good if not better than SC. 5 goals conceded in 2 games for Scott and distribution has been wayward at best, Roos was doing well IMO.

Holmes for Jozefzoon but playing in midfield where i think hes best and moving Wilson out wide where he played a lot better. Another if but and maybe performance by Jozefzoon again on Tuesday so think this change suits the side.

Bennett for Marriott but playing on the left and moving Waghorn into the middle. Cant really leave Bennett out after his cameo and goal on Tuesday, Waghorn suits the side better as a no. 9 and Marriott may come back better after a rest and is a great option from the bench,

Im confident of a win and hopefully we take the performance and confidence from Tuesday into Saturday, If we play our game we will win this and boost the goal difference, 3-0 Win. Need the fans to pack the ground and try to get back to the 28,000 mark. Hope the win last night gives us a huge lift and we have a big chance of going 6th Saturday as Bristol host Leeds.

Good post and I'd go with that line-up to start. To drop Roos was unfair - I thought Carsons' distribution last night was poor and his attempt to stop their goal was non existent. 

Johnson was key to last nights' win and I expect Wednesday to shape up similar to Wigan but with a bit more to offer upfront. I would get Bradley to stay tight on Bannan - most of their creativity stems from him.

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply
29 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Roos

Bogle Keogh Tomori Malone

Huddlestone Johnson

Jozefzoon Wilson Bennett

Waghorn

Subs: Carson, Wisdom, Cole, Bird, Evans, Holmes, Marriott

Agree with this however I would prefer Wilson wide in place of Joz, and Holmes middle of the 3 behind Waghorn as little Duane is our best playmaker/No10.

Managed to get my daughter into football. She goes to football club always all kitted out on her Derby kit. This Saturday I’m taking her down to her first game at Pride Park. Will be a proper proud dad moment.

hoping for a nice win...so I can tell the wife she’s a lucky charm, so we can go to the rest of the games this season ?

I'd go with (almost) the team that finished last night.

Carson (this one's tricky. The reason I'd go with him, is that I think he's very much a "confidence" goalkeeper. He used to be in and around the England squad, made a few high profile errors... and basically disappeared for a few years. Came to Derby, played very well for us, (including POTS, IIRC?) and dropping him for one mistake (we can't blame him for the team's performance against Villa) might have the wrong impact.

Bogle

Keogh

Tomori (ask him to do the Haka *before* the match, and at the opposition, rather than the assistant ref, though)

Malone

Huddlestone

Johnson

Holmes/Mount. (If Mount's fit, he should either start, or come on for the second half, situation permitting - need to get him firing asap)

Wilson (on the WING, goshdarnit!)

Messi Bennett (I can't drop him after last night's goal. Maybe that could be the moment that sparks his career?)

Waghorn (up top)

Subs:

Roos, Wisdom, Cole, Bird, Holmes/Mount/Sibley, Lawrence/Josefzoon, Marriott

4 hours ago, LeedsCityRam said:

Feels odd saying this as I don't especially rate him but Bradley Johnson has to stay in this team for Saturday.

His physical presence is one thing we have precious little of at the minute & if we go with Huddlestone & Holmes in the centre (which we surely must), Johnson is a necessary inclusion.

I'd also consider putting Waghorn up top as he's not effective on the right wing & move Wilson out wide, where he looks happier. Marriott looks very jaded at the minute, I'm not sure he works as a lone man up top with the supply he's getting at the minute - Waghorn is probably a better option (aerially at least) whilst we try to find some fluidity.

Yup he’s probably the weakest midfield link in terms of technical ability, but in this division you cannot afford to be too lightweight in the key areas.

BJ gives us a presence in the middle of the park, wins 50/50’s, wins his ariel battles and allows us to defend further up the pitch and apply more pressure on the opposition.

We have been crying out for a physical presence in midfield all season. He’s a must start for me at the moment especially against teams like Wigan, millwall, etc.

they didn't look great the other night - although combative in midfield - so we need to compete

Foristeri was off his game, as was Reach......I think this one is winnable - play our football and we should do it

Think Roos, Bennett are worthy of starts - Marriott aint fit

Waggy up top please

Don’t get all the calls for Bennett to start yes he scored but let’s all be honest and admit it was a fluke goal. I don’t see what he brings to the team he has been here for 8 years under a number of managers none who have given him a good run of games. Does that not tell you he is not good enough 

Same team has started last night.. Bennett back on the bench he is poor when he starts and last nights goal was  just pure luck.He was helping the ball on towards the back post in hope someone was coming in and was just fortunate it found the net.

Hopefully Mount and Lawrence are fit enough to make the bench at least.

4 minutes ago, Pearl Ram said:

Some might say an ordinary player full of confidence is more useful than a good one low on it. 

And he's fit - Marriott isn't. - and Jo Flo looks clueless and lacks in confidence

Confidence is a big thing IMO. - and Mason should be 7 ft tall by now  after that goal - and thats a tall order as he's only 5 foot 1 lol

3 hours ago, jimbo jones said:

Managed to get my daughter into football. She goes to football club always all kitted out on her Derby kit. This Saturday I’m taking her down to her first game at Pride Park. Will be a proper proud dad moment.

hoping for a nice win...so I can tell the wife she’s a lucky charm, so we can go to the rest of the games this season ?

Really hope she enjoys it. I remember my dad taking me to my first match in the 70s and I was hooked before a ball was kicked. I was ‘wow’ at the ground and the crowd. We still go to matches together now ?

6 minutes ago, peachmyster said:

Bennett is an impact player at best bring him on for last few minutes if we really have to hopeful that Lawrence will be fit I agree that joflow was not at his best but is better the Bennett

What exactly has Jozefzoon done with us that makes you think he's better than Bennett? Even the goal he scored against Norwich was a miskick.

58 minutes ago, Rambalin said:

Same team has started last night.. Bennett back on the bench he is poor when he starts and last nights goal was  just pure luck.He was helping the ball on towards the back post in hope someone was coming in and was just fortunate it found the net.

Hopefully Mount and Lawrence are fit enough to make the bench at least.

I would swap out JosephMoon for Holmes, other than that same team.

3 hours ago, peachmyster said:

Bennett is an impact player at best bring him on for last few minutes if we really have to hopeful that Lawrence will be fit I agree that joflow was not at his best but is better the Bennett

Get out mate

Mason Bennett lot better player that Lawrence last night he showed that.

Roos

Bogle Keogh Tomori Malone

Huddlestone

Johnson Holmes

Bennett Waghorn Wilson 

Bit of actual strength in that team rather than a load of pansies, maybe they’ll play better as a team unit as well rather than a load of individuals. Similar to what finished the game really, only real question for me is Malone but I’d be tempted to tell him to buck his general play up and given him a chance given he had a role in both goals. Everything else seems pretty clear cut to me, think that’s the most balanced side we have.

Archived