Derby County v Sheffield Wednesday

Bwash_Ram

I enjoyed the game today, thought the atmosphere was good, we had the better chances, and the big positive is, we are back in the top 6, if we beat Stoke on Wednesday then today's draw was not a bad point, thought Keogh, Bogle and Johnson all had decent games. Let's make sure that we carry on supporting the team in the correct manner for the reminder of the season, it could be a interesting run in, and the team will need us.

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, nottingram said:

I noticed Sheff Weds fans singing our Sam Winnall song. Strange hearing that as I was under the impression they have written every song released to date? They must make a fortune off the royalties

What really annoys me is that was sung originally for Richard Keoghhhhhhhh

at Rotherham away. It needs to revert for RK!!!!!

Our inability to deal with balls into the box is incredibly frustrating. Could see their goal coming a mile off. 

Today reminded me of under Rowett only a bit worse defensively and without the brilliance of Vydra to win us the game. 

Bogle did well going forward, as did Malone. FloJo is the carbon copy of Abdoul Camara, can not believe we paid almost 3m for him. Needed more from Holmes playing in that 10 role, can never question the lads effort though, I like him. Bannan ran the show for them for like the fourth season on the trot. 

3 minutes ago, DcFc Dyycheee said:

Our inability to deal with balls into the box is incredibly frustrating. Could see their goal coming a mile off. 

Exactly. For once I thought midfield did well, Brad putting himself about shook them up. Attack so so and defence good when live play. But as all season long we are very weak at set pieces!

36 minutes ago, nottingram said:

I noticed Sheff Weds fans singing our Sam Winnall song. Strange hearing that as I was under the impression they have written every song released to date? They must make a fortune off the royalties

Even though they sung it about him before our loan?!

An enjoyable if ultimately frustrating game...we were the better side throughout but our finishing was lacking other than for Johnson's goal,which he thoroughly deserved.Sure he made a couple is sloppy errors but was strong and a good midfield presence.

Bogle was my man of the match,he's growing with each game.

Waghorn up front was totally out of the game....could barely get hold of the ball and when he did receive it,failed to retain or distribute it....shame he again got his shoelaces tied together and didn't score when he had the chance,it was the culmination of a good move with accurate passing.

Overall,another decent performance but we need to take our chances...Malone was our main threat on goal which isn't quite right.

57 minutes ago, Derby blood said:

I enjoyed the game today, thought the atmosphere was good, we had the better chances, and the big positive is, we are back in the top 6, if we beat Stoke on Wednesday then today's draw was not a bad point, thought Keogh, Bogle and Johnson all had decent games. Let's make sure that we carry on supporting the team in the correct manner for the reminder of the season, it could be a interesting run in, and the team will need us.

What do you reckon RoyMac5 made of it today?

59 minutes ago, Derby blood said:

Indeed, decent point today against a resolute Wednesday side. You look back at the end of the season if we don’t achieve what we want to and this sort of result isn’t what you look back on and think that could’ve changed things. Those are the results like the two Millwall loses and the Bolton and Rotherham ones. Need to push on tho on wednesday, pivotal game for me that, can we show that we’ve regained our confidence and beat an out of sorts (but talented) stoke side?

3 hours ago, Yojimbo said:

Didn't we have Bannan on loan once, years ago?

Yep, think it was when Clough was manager. Looked a good player but it was never going to be a perm deal due to budget constraints if I remember. 

Thought we were a tad unfortunate to not take all 3pts today. Yes Bannan grew more influential as the game went on but I thought on the whole most of the threats they posed were mainly of our own making due to sloppy play. Good to see Bogles chains seemed to have been unshackled. It does seem like somewhere along the line he's had his cavalier wings clipped. It feels like that and Mason Mounts injury has contributed to our play becoming slow and mundane. We're showing signs of recovery in that respect so Mounts return could really kick start our season. Gutted for Mason Bennett getting injured. He offers so much more than Josefzoon for me. Flojo needs to take note of MBs application and he may just be the player we all hoped for.

1 hour ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

An enjoyable if ultimately frustrating game...we were the better side throughout but our finishing was lacking other than for Johnson's goal,which he thoroughly deserved.Sure he made a couple is sloppy errors but was strong and a good midfield presence.

Bogle was my man of the match,he's growing with each game.

Waghorn up front was totally out of the game....could barely get hold of the ball and when he did receive it,failed to retain or distribute it....shame he again got his shoelaces tied together and didn't score when he had the chance,it was the culmination of a good move with accurate passing.

Overall,another decent performance but we need to take our chances...Malone was our main threat on goal which isn't quite right.

Enjoyed the game but can't agree that we were the better side throughout. Bannan controlled the midfield, we really need a player like him. They always looked threatening and I wasn't surprised when they equalised. I think a draw was about right......

Is it me or could Carson have come to collect the ball into our box for their goal? I thought so at the time and having watched the replay I am still of the same opinion. 

Really pleased for Bogle, thought he had a great game.

Josefzoon pi##ed me off, he had a great chance to nail on a place in the team for the final few games and seemed like he couldn’t be bothered. Harry Wilson at least tried but lacked his early season sparkle.

Keogh an Tomori did well as usual, Jonno adds aggression to the midfield but Tom H seems to have lost something.

All in all an enjoyable game and a decent effort against an in form side, however we need Mount and Lawrence back sooner rather than later if we are to maintain our play off position.

Took my youngest to his first game of the season. He enjoyed it for the most part. 

Anyone else see Carson let rip into Malone twice in the second half? He wasn't happy about Malone not going for his kicks.

11 minutes ago, rynny said:

Took my youngest to his first game of the season. He enjoyed it for the most part. 

Anyone else see Carson let rip into Malone twice in the second half? He wasn't happy about Malone not going for his kicks.

Malone was available for kicks/passed through the entire game..noone had more space than him but few were ever sent his way...

Must say, Carson's distribution was pretty bad today,bring back roos

Archived