The atmosphere at home to Wigan

Boycie

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gotta hold my hands up... got home from work with every intention of going... Checked the weather forecast... reminded myself of recent performances... and took an almost last minute decision to opt for an evening in with Dik & Dumb, or whoever it is on Radio Derby. (I don't have a red button... in fact there is nothing red in my house, so shame on those of you that do!)

...Had I realised (at the time) that I'll also be missing Saturday's game due to granddaughter's birthday shindig also kicking off at 3pm (WTF!), I may have taken a different approach (...although it DID RAIN!)

Still, I only missed a much needed win, a great atmosphere, and a worldy from Mason, so it's not like I regretted it or 'owt!

3 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

Gotta hold my hands up... got home from work with every intention of going... Checked the weather forecast... reminded myself of recent performances... and took an almost last minute decision to opt for an evening in with Dik & Dumb, or whoever it is on Radio Derby. (I don't have a red button... in fact there is nothing red in my house, so shame on those of you that do!)

...Had I realised (at the time) that I'll also be missing Saturday's game due to granddaughter's birthday shindig also kicking off at 3pm (WTF!), I may have taken a different approach (...although it DID RAIN!)

Still, I only missed a much needed win, a great atmosphere, and a worldy from Mason, so it's not like I regretted it or 'owt!

Buy yourself a camcorder. Give it to a family member to record the granddaughters birthday, then go to the match. Win Win.

By the way, don't forget to tell the family member who is doing the recording to press the red button

1 hour ago, BathRam72 said:

Buy yourself a camcorder. Give it to a family member to record the granddaughters birthday, then go to the match. Win Win.

By the way, don't forget to tell the family member who is doing the recording to press the red button

Ah well... Up until three years ago, I wouldn't have even needed that advice, as that would have likely been my approach anyway, if truth be told (although I probably wouldn't have even bothered with the camcorder! LOL!).

But I guess there comes a time when certain things happen in life that put other things massively into perspective, and that includes having to say a permanent goodbye to your 1 hour old grand daughter.  

I'm not ashamed to admit that since then, Derby County FC now comes a very, very long distance behind our remaining grand kids, when it comes to priorities!*

*Wouldn't say that for all family members though... many of whom continue to remain way behind The Rams in order of importance!  LOL!

Give 'em a shout for me!  UTR.

24 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

Ah well... Up until three years ago, I wouldn't have even needed that advice, as that would have likely been my approach anyway, if truth be told (although I probably wouldn't have even bothered with the camcorder! LOL!).

But I guess there comes a time when certain things happen in life that put other things massively into perspective, and that includes having to say a permanent goodbye to your 1 hour old grand daughter.  

I'm not ashamed to admit that since then, Derby County FC now comes a very, very long distance behind our remaining grand kids, when it comes to priorities!*

*Wouldn't say that for all family members though... many of whom continue to remain way behind The Rams in order of importance!  LOL!

Very sad and I totally agree with you there. There are much more important things in life and they are usually family.

7 minutes ago, BathRam72 said:

Very sad and I totally agree with you there. There are much more important things in life and they are usually family.

You can’t choose your football club but you can choose your family......divorce, disown, do a runner.

4 minutes ago, David said:

You can’t choose your football club but you can choose your family......divorce, disown, do a runner.

Oh David, You have just given me a fantastic idea... Half n half scarf... Mrs Mucker No1/Mrs Mucker No2!

Gotta get knitting!  This is gonna go down well... unlike Mrs Mucker No1.

5 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

Oh David, You have just given me a fantastic idea... Half n half scarf... Mrs Mucker No1/Mrs Mucker No2!

Gotta get knitting!  This is gonna go down well... unlike Mrs Mucker No1.

That’s Henry the 8th ducked then

8 hours ago, Mucker1884 said:

I am so sorry for your loss but she will be with loved ones in the sky.

Once so sorry for your loss.

On 06/03/2019 at 21:54, Wazztie16 said:

I didn't finish work till 1925, then would've had to get home, change, and to the stadium. 

Wasn't gonna happen. 

Am I a crap fan? I'll try and be better next time. 

You sound like a woman if 93 years isn’t long enough to get ready to go out! ? 

Archived